1.350 million dps tooltip [2.3] The Dashing Duelist: ~ DW Crit Sword Build - Lacerate / Dual Strike

Curious what people think of the use of Ming's Heart in both PvP and PvE. Blood Rage is almost nothing with Ming's on, and the chaos damage is great as most people have low res, but the 15% less health kinda hurts.
Last edited by roguemjb on Feb 18, 2015, 10:37:49 PM
Update:

I end up wearing Ming's Heart and rare gloves most of the time, as it really helps against the few good poison trappers in 1v1. Sitting at 4015 health with Ming's on. If this build needs anything, it's more goddamn life.

PvP Season 2 is underway, and I'm currently sitting at #5 ish on the 1v1 ladder, but it changes everyday. Pst me in game for a duel!
Hello,
I followed this guide almost fully (my swords dont have increaced crit, tried with increased crit swords but that didnt help my dps) and still i cant get more then about 35k dps, how can I reach 200k dps?

I also have trouble with survivability, even with grace, i have max resist on all but chaos, didn't get ming's yet.
Passive skill tree

Items:
"

Okay, lots of things to talk about. First, the 200k dps is with single target dual strike for pvp with Abyssus, which more than doubles dps. I use Rat's Nest for pve with 90k dps on cleave.

Neither of your rings have additional physical damage, that would help a ton. Or life, which this build lacks anyway. Search for rings with at least 50 life, the resistances you need, and phys damage, then see if you can find one with mana leech on it also. Forget Andvarius, get the stats on other gear.

Your amulet should provide lots of stats and at least 30% crit multiplier. Then, if you can get phys damage or life on it, those are a bonus. The amulet is a dps piece first and foremost.

Doryani's belt doesn't help a lot for this build, you will get more out of a rustic sash with res and life on it, just make sure it has 20%+ phys on it, then you can add ele % also. Hell, just sell doryani's and buy a more worthwhile belt for this build.

The swords are okay dps, but super slow, which hinders this build a lot, this build strives on speed, nothing less than 1.8 will cut it for me. Also, I never ever search for swords without 30% increased crit on it. It may not seem like much, but with enough points into crit, 1% more local crit ends up being 6% more crit chance for dual strike. Your passive tree needs revamped a bit to get more out of crit swords.

What's going on with the dual strike in the gloves? Try using Lightning Strike with multistrike-pcoc-LMP, and I bet you'll love it. Where is whirling blades?? Get whirling blades and leap slam linked with BM in your sword at least, if you can't get them into your helm.

Do you actually run 3 auras at once? I just sub grace for hatred for pvp.

Check out my gear and links in the guide to see what to look for and how to link it all.

Lastly, let's talk about your tree:

The two melee damage nodes at the start should be in evasion and life.
The Slashing Comeback line is weak, move those elsewhere.
Get Acrobatics! You don't have Iron Refexes, but you don't have acrobatics either, so you're getting hit hard and often.
You're missing the Assination node by shadow start, which is huge for a crit build.
Next you want the life nodes up to Trickery by shadow.
The Scion life wheel kinda sucks to get to for us, I would take those points out.
Get rid of Deadly Dilettante for now, 25% crit chance isn't that great compared to where we will move the points.

Here is a revised build with only 2% less life, but significantly more crit and speed:

AAAAAgQAAAYB3AW1BiAIsQthFCAV7BX2GbQj9iT9KCos6TB8MbA2PT_8R35KfU2SUEdRR1b6WHVbr18_YnlirGVNZ6BsjHSgdqx313gNeWh_K4TZhVKHdotPjX2Nv5J9l3mYb5tqnaqtjbTFuR29Nr6KvqfBBMLsypDK08v1z37UUtlh3CPcvd0N45_kUeXP5w_nVOhm6hjvDvcy_MX_3orw6UY6Qkt43agwcdQjtUhtbHBSKgvz6u1Bpn8Wvw

I hope this wall of text helps out!

"
Hello,
I followed this guide almost fully (my swords dont have increaced crit, tried with increased crit swords but that didnt help my dps) and still i cant get more then about 35k dps, how can I reach 200k dps?

I also have trouble with survivability, even with grace, i have max resist on all but chaos, didn't get ming's yet.
Passive skill tree

Items:
"

Thanks for your reply, I simply followed your pve passive skill tree that you provided on your first post, maybe it needs update?

I updated my Passive skill tree as you suggested.

About cleave - which gems support your cleave? Do I have to change my armor from GGRRR?

Regarding my gems - I know they are not setup, I thought I only need the auras, dual strike and CODT.

Regarding my items - I will update them as soon as possible by the tips you gave me (farm required).
"
Yocttar wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I simply followed your pve passive skill tree that you provided on your first post, maybe it needs update?

About cleave - which gems support your cleave? Do I have to change my armor from GGRRR?

For Cleave, use: Cleave - Melee Phys - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Concentrated Effect (conc effect is what makes this attack so damn powerful for aoe)

So yes, get RRRGB on your chest.
Last edited by roguemjb on Feb 28, 2015, 6:04:10 PM
2 questions:
1) Got everything except belt and single sword, my current dps with cleave is 60k, how can i bump it up to 90k?
2) When\how do I get to use lightning strike? (for the power charge)

I basically use Grace\HOA and cleave, flicker strike is just for shows.

Passive skill tree

Items:
"
Yocttar wrote:
2 questions:
1) Got everything except belt and single sword, my current dps with cleave is 60k, how can i bump it up to 90k?
2) When\how do I get to use lightning strike? (for the power charge)

I basically use Grace\HOA and cleave, flicker strike is just for shows.

Passive skill tree

Items:

Your tree looks good and your gear is improving. Replacing that other sword and getting a few more levels will get you pretty close. You're on the right track now.

I spam Lightning Strike to start on big groups, it builds charges super fast that way, then just hit it every few seconds. Also for use on phys reflect mobs that I'm sure you've grown to hate.
Anyone else tried the build lately? Comments/concerns?
i want to try this build in the new 1 month race that is coming up.

do you think it will be viable to level up with dual wielding swords using.. somthing like flicker strike or reave ?

also about the tree what part of the tree do you think its best to start ? left or right ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info