A Beginner's Guide to Racing

I, for one, am excited for this season. The rewards look cool, and the time slots happen to work out for my schedule.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
randi wrote:
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

Any system to control this would have to be free-for-all. You would decide youself which group you belonged to (since new accounts are free to make). This might work. Or it might not.

One could auto sort people dependent on their performance in earlier races. Like its done in other competitive games.

I could still just make a new account for each race. Not that I would, but I could.
"
SlixSC wrote:
The simple problem of "objective races" is that some classes simply have it easier than others.

In a race to kill Dominus or whatever leap slam/double strike would have it easy, whereas a witch wouldn't even stand a chance. There would be absolutely no class diversity in such races at all.

Yeah it would have to be completely class dependent meaning that the race would have to stop earlier for some class than others.. does not sound like a good solution at all. Don't know how it could be done.
Just played my first race ever. I'm hooked. Way too much fun not to try, even though at best I'll probably get 40-50 points.
To all of the players hating on races due to rewards or that other people are better than you, can it. The point of races are a challenge where you should be focusing your OWN personal best, and surpassing your own previous level of game knowledge and skill level.
If you'd rather be farming mercmerv for an extra hour instead of becoming a better gamer than you were before just to get that one or two extra ex, be my guest, but races are more of a fun thing, and even if they didn't have any rewards I'd happily play them anyways.
"
sunderkeenin wrote:
Just played my first race ever. I'm hooked. Way too much fun not to try, even though at best I'll probably get 40-50 points.
To all of the players hating on races due to rewards or that other people are better than you, can it. The point of races are a challenge where you should be focusing your OWN personal best, and surpassing your own previous level of game knowledge and skill level.
If you'd rather be farming mercmerv for an extra hour instead of becoming a better gamer than you were before just to get that one or two extra ex, be my guest, but races are more of a fun thing, and even if they didn't have any rewards I'd happily play them anyways.

This guy gets it.

I practically stop playing everything but races when I play PoE.
I'm going to try some races this time. I really enjoy the early-game levelling anyway (as opposed to super end-game farming), and it's a good opportunity to get better at the game and improve my knowledge.

Would like to see a few more EU-friendly time allocations for sure though. Also I like the look of a few of those early rewards, would like to get up to Gifts but we'll see. Either way I should be able to get my hands on some solid items (including Storm Cloud, which seems cool, and Fairgrave's, which would mean I could give the one I have on loan back to my friend).
"
sunderkeenin wrote:

Preach it.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I'm looking forward to getting good at speed runs. But I enjoyed my slow and steady pace on a new class I've never played. Last night in the 90 min I got to lvl 9. Tonight in descent I'm aiming for l0. Can't wait to get my Storm Bow. Even if it does take a few races. A few races is far more interesting then a few more runs.

Only questions I have, are we allowed to delete a old race character and reroll them again for a new race? Or do we need to hang onto them?
New racer here and im really enjoying this type of play. Its like its made for me... With the new family i cant ccommit to the long term leauges as id like to and these mini races make me very happy!!!!!!!
IDK man, i've never desynced in town, just battle. I always assumed it was because of their mickey mouse servers. Either way, i deal with it. Game is 15 times better than the pain i feel from desync, i just wish people would shut up about it.

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
CorranHorn wrote:
"fixing" de-sync would likely require millions of dollars of servers. There is a reason this is a free game run by a team of 40 guys. You can't have everything you want friend.

"
Deankar wrote:
Please fix desync. It ruins everything about the game. If desync is never fixed this game will never be successful, it will just be "that d2 clone with the horrible lag"

bull..

their netcode is paranoid-strict and it is netcode issue not server capacity/performance

f.. you can even desync in towns so spare us these theories mkay?

on topic - race rewards are just two:

Gifts from Above (ill try to get this one)
Divination Distilate (too much for me, i live in Europe and schedule it seems is not for us)

Auxium is unobtainable by anyone with real life so it is out

all other rewards are more than meh :/ hoped for something new - like pre-5/6Linked items or at least 4Linked crap items but it seems 'same old, same old' is strong with this one

btw queens decree and parendus rewards are just good jokes. Queens decree is the worst of summoner items and is worth more than 11alteration shards and 3alc shards if 6Linked. even my 5Link didnt sell for couple of chaoses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info