"
Sexcalibure wrote:
OMG this is a long guide for saying
Dont race because:
-reward suck
- a select group of 20 people always win everything
-schedule is broken
-Desync
-You actully lose allot of farming incomes since they dont want to give us currency rewards back
-Race performances is biased by RNG

WTS reading comprehension, no c/o, pm offers pls
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
OMG this is a long guide for saying
Dont race because:
-reward suck
- a select group of 20 people always win everything
-schedule is broken
-Desync
-You actully lose allot of farming incomes since they dont want to give us currency rewards back
-Race performances is biased by RNG

+1

I participate to the 50 first event of season 4, and each race it was always the same player in the top 20 ... not hard to find them http://www.pathofexile.com/seasons/ladder only 21 have 800+ points

and the rewards OMG, seriously? only low level unique ? what's the point? ... Why waste hours of play for a new skin item lvl 2, even not an "in game visual" effect, only a stupid useless inventory skin ...
Thanks a lot.!
Useful thread.
CASUAL GAMER
"
fab83700 wrote:

I participate to the 50 first event of season 4, and each race it was always the same player in the top 20 ... not hard to find them http://www.pathofexile.com/seasons/ladder only 21 have 800+ points

and the rewards OMG, seriously? only low level unique ? what's the point? ... Why waste hours of play for a new skin item lvl 2, even not an "in game visual" effect, only a stupid useless inventory skin ...

Seriously though, if you really try you can at least get placed in the 30 to 50 rank.
It's really not that hard, you just have to know what you are doing.

I thought the same as you but then I tried a few races, got consistently placed in the top 50 ,getting 6 to 8 points per race.

you can't just whine about it. Figure out a build you think would work, test it out in a race and tweak what went wrong.

Just like everything in life, you need to spend a shitload of time practicing to get good. In other words, get good.

Oh and you need to quit your job, be constantly tired from the sleep deprivation and stop talking to friends and family.

Last edited by Davidson on Nov 14, 2013, 7:56:37 PM
I would really like to try more races, but the time slots are very tough to make. Is there any chance of adding a 12 midnight PST slot for some races next season?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
why so few cutthroat events? also because there is so few events when is the rapid tournament thing coming out?
ZiggyD's guide to racing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EWZLdXovY

Good stuff! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Did I miss something, no week or month long races?
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

Any system to control this would have to be free-for-all. You would decide youself which group you belonged to (since new accounts are free to make). This might work. Or it might not.

One could auto sort people dependent on their performance in earlier races. Like its done in other competitive games.

"
Hassefar60 wrote:

I agree.
Stuff like this has been suggested many times. I have to believe that the devs at GGG have a good reason for not having implemented stuff like this by now. It would be nice if they, at some point, told us why. It would add a whole new dimension to racing. The only minor issue I can think of right now is that the duration of the event would be unknown and would have to be determined during the event.

I think it would be fun if you could look up the ranking in other objectives in a live chart. Even if its just one chart for furthest progression in the main quest.
The simple problem of "objective races" is that some classes simply have it easier than others.

In a race to kill Dominus or whatever leap slam/double strike would have it easy, whereas a witch wouldn't even stand a chance. There would be absolutely no class diversity in such races at all.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 15, 2013, 10:16:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info