Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 2

Nice video although I don't like the build. Damage seems to be very low and even with EB you are constantly running out of mana, even when fighting trash mobs. I doubt it is very funny when you are fighting a stronger monster and can't constantly refill your flasks.

Oh, and by the way:
"The character skill tree starts by grabbing a lot of life nodes ..." (2:05)

I'd love to see a build that doesn't start by taking all life nodes along its path.
inb4 nerfing something which will make also this build unplayble ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
I like how this build of the week is newbie friendly. It's great with the influx of new players to have builds that are easy for them to accomplish that they can use to clear the content without getting too frustrated trying to get insane gear.
wtb soj
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Nice video although I don't like the build. Damage seems to be very low and even with EB you are constantly running out of mana, even when fighting trash mobs. I doubt it is very funny when you are fighting a stronger monster and can't constantly refill your flasks.

Oh, and by the way:
"The character skill tree starts by grabbing a lot of life nodes ..." (2:05)

I'd love to see a build that doesn't start by taking all life nodes along its path.

The point was the build cleared the content with very minimal gear.
wtb soj
Interesting idea. Looks very painful and slow to play.
"
daddyk1ll wrote:

The point was the build cleared the content with very minimal gear.

This.

It's not so much a vid about something quirky or clever or newly available, it's about something that is easy for anyone to do.
As mentioned at the end of the video, there are loads of improvements to be had.
It was only using two fire based skills. The passive tree allows for any mine/trap combo.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
This build seems pretty lame/underwhelming and/or annoying/tedious to play.

Lacking life leech and distraction of totems that dual totemers have just seems highly inefficient on HC.

dual spork, or freeze pulse would be much more effective and just as cheap if not cheaper.
Last edited by Melkrow on Nov 12, 2013, 9:44:30 PM
"
Melkrow wrote:

Lacking life leech and distraction of totems that dual totemers have just seems highly inefficient on HC.

dual spork, or freeze pulse would be much more effective and just as cheap if not cheaper.

I don't think build of the week is supposed to be about what is always the most efficient. The idea is to highlight things that people might want to try that is a bit different.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
"
Melkrow wrote:

I don't think build of the week is supposed to be about what is always the most efficient. The idea is to highlight things that people might want to try that is a bit different.

stop being such a suck up, a constructive criticism is better than blind abidance.

This build of the week was in fact about what's most efficient for a new(no bank) player to build their wealth with and get into the game. It wasn't about trying to be "different".

If you want to debate the cons and pros of this build, vs other builds that fill that role, I'm all ears. I just think this was a very poor build choice and it will get people killed. Maybe there just wasn't enough submissions, I don't know, but honestly this build is terrible for new players IN HARDCORE (perhaps it's a lot better in dumpstercore).
"
Chris wrote:
Patch 1.0.1 will be deployed in a few hours!

So what happened? New ETA?

Edit: never mind, countdown just appeared. Note to self: 5.5 is 'a few'.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
Last edited by EchoMending on Nov 12, 2013, 10:27:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info