Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 2

The QQ is strong in this community. The near God-worship of hyperbole and asshole puckering, at its finest.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Good video about a build that looks awful. Dixit a quite poor player.
I would commit suicide before finishing merciless with this build.
quote: "could have existed in open beta but si now more powerful due to trap/mine passives"

You serious? In OB fire trap was way more powerful withous spell damage nodes than now even with shitload of trap passives. Look how slow it kills in low level areas. You nerfed it to the ground added some passives which after taking don't bring it to before nerf level and tell everyone it's more powerful, hahaha funny.

I had fire trappr before nerf and he was awesome. Now I have trapper specced in trap nodes with EE, ele weeakness, throwing arc trap, ice nova trap and fire trap to increase damage through EE and he can't kill anything as fast as before fire trap nerf.

This build doesn't even qualify for nerf, that's been done already.
Last edited by gfurm on Nov 13, 2013, 9:58:11 AM
im gonna give the guy that came out with this build idea props not because it's good but because he has the patience to play it

i think i would fall asleep while playing if this was my build
Why do people write stupid comments about this build? "This build isn't end game build, it can never do maps" etc etc..

When did Chris or anyone in GGG mention that all builds in "Build of the week" would have to be viable in end game maps? Seriously, if you don't have anything better to add, then don't post anything at all.

To Chris, rest of GGG and people contributing to Build of the week, thank you so much. It's fun to see how other people play this game.

Keep up the good work!
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
"
Melkrow wrote:
This build seems pretty lame/underwhelming and/or annoying/tedious to play.

Lacking life leech and distraction of totems that dual totemers have just seems highly inefficient on HC.

dual spork, or freeze pulse would be much more effective and just as cheap if not cheaper.

I don't think build of the week is supposed to be about what is always the most efficient. The idea is to highlight things that people might want to try that is a bit different.

stop being such a suck up, a constructive criticism is better than blind abidance.

This build of the week was in fact about what's most efficient for a new(no bank) player to build their wealth with and get into the game. It wasn't about trying to be "different".

If you want to debate the cons and pros of this build, vs other builds that fill that role, I'm all ears. I just think this was a very poor build choice and it will get people killed. Maybe there just wasn't enough submissions, I don't know, but honestly this build is terrible for new players IN HARDCORE (perhaps it's a lot better in dumpstercore).

Min maxed version of the build at lv 85 HC viable if you head for the hp and acrobatics first as well as the Hp/mana nodes. Then 70+ is about getting the trap and mine nodes near EB and Ghost Reaver.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB3nfVT_v1tDjlGYw2VUtteyaVUEItRxzckyd-sFu7cFHYVNxXHpSsP3_GJ6labSQ8p1xJUewYj_pJOzZ7tKPb5zIYpucGd1MxwcWIQoIeTC2gQxODDo4jX6IuDkidqmKs1p3jhO4VHvC3dYhrNj3ndGHi3vbo1s3qBbXUI92oxqIwcUt4OkIi6pu1wzpWLax_ykpGK9ngTpu29xEv2wuNv1FHMHyquKp_jX1_K9aKd9eQDTN45zob4HRBVvruDvzFZ6CHdkp9I_bv8FpI
I play a EV/acrobatics/OG trapper, and it is very fun to play and quite strong across the board. The only downside is the already mentioned lack of life regen mechanics (no LoH, LL). The mine part usage seems pointless though because anything you can do with mines you can do better with traps imo.

Trap builds are definitely not slow, and survival is actually pretty good at least with the build im using. Gotta have 4-5 traps set up so dps isn't metered by trap CDs, and a ton of mana regen because its a mana intensive build. Traps are also half the builds defense using bear and cold snap traps to freeze and lock mobs in place.

Interesting build of the week, but mines kinda blow, so I would recommend new players stick to traps. Trap builds have all the upsides the BotW have, without the annoying trigger mechanism that mines have.
Whoah love the art of season 5 rewards,also i like that youve picked miscellenous but useful items actually unlike S4 where rewards weren't worth the effort.
"
daaviid78 wrote:
Why do people write stupid comments about this build? "This build isn't end game build, it can never do maps" etc etc..

You can also write your opinion without being rude.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info