1.0.1 Patch Notes

Well the CoDT change doesn't really effect enduring cry, but molten shell took a hit, on the base gem which has a level requirement of 31 i can only use a molten shell gem of level 7(requires level 28)? which drops many by 700 base armor? ...not sure if the armor from molten shell benefits from the increase armor % bonuses from the tree so it could be more.

The whole offensive side of it doesn't really bother me but the defensive...well i'll wait and see but it doesn't seem like it will be good defensively.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Really awesome patch GGG. Cast when damage taken still seems to be pretty strong, but maybe its damage threshold could be reviewed so that it is equally viable at later levels.

Thank you!
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
"
MisaMisa wrote:
RIP CwDT, time to cast all spells again manually.

Yeah and how retarded is that :) CoDT just made the game so much more fun cause you was able to concentrate on actually playing and not messing around with clunky mechanics like casting end cry and molten shell.
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
I'm never annoyed that things get nerfed. I'm annoyed that the game is structured around planning builds with very specific combinations of skills/passives/gear and that, for people to play the game effectively and reach high levels, they need to have some assurance that what they planned won't be changed significantly after putting hundreds and hundreds of hours into achieving. Skills get introduced, people plan builds around them, then the skills get changed drastically and brick characters people worked hard on. The CODT nerf is whatever. I started using it because it was a nice addition to my character, and this nerf doesn't change my build really. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who went and bought expensive items/gems because they were relying on using a skill that was introduced into the game. That happened to me with the aura change that came out of nowhere. Planned to use certain auras to achieve specific goals, played the game relying on the game mechanics available to me, 3 of my auras get removed one day. I now have to choose between having no armour and mediocre damage, or vice-versa. I wouldn't do my current build if auras had worked as they do now when I started this character.

The only clear goal of the game is to get to level 100. Making different builds that are designed to be short term fun might appeal to some people, but the ladder structure inherent in the game is clear evidence that the game is built around long term character progression. Consistency in gameplay is necessary if GGG want people to invest serious effort into that. If people can't trust that the build they're planning will continue to substantially function as expected, they just won't bother and this game will die.

Completely agree. You don't want to know how many chromes it took to get 3R on Facebreakers.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
MullaXul wrote:
While playing End-game Maps, you are now more likely to find higher level Maps. YES!
40% Vitality. YES!

No scrubs relying on CoDt entirely anymore...another YES!

A really big YES for this patch!!!!

The truth is that those who are complaining about the nerf are mostly people who have builds that can not take more than 2 or 3 hits. Well, I'll continue with my character, 4k life at level 64, almost without gear. :)
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Phatty2phat wrote:
"
Sirnizz wrote:
So you're telling me that now with the nerf, all my gems are useless, my lvl 17-18 EC,MS and Warlord mark.

I now need to change all of this gems to lvl 1 again.

Really thanks GGG -_-

Or you could you know, cast them yourself?

Do you really think it's that easy to change a finished build? I've spent hundreds of chromes to get color combinations for my skills that involve using CoTD. To use them on my own, I need to rechrome.

Chromes cost next to nothing. If your build revolves solely around CoTD then lol.
fuck this codt change -_-

I main a melee duelist and 90% of my surviveability i got through molten shell+emnfeeble+enduring cry+codt

so now they are all lvl 18 or 19 and my codt is lvl 1 means they dont work together anymore but its totally useless to lvl codt because they will only pop after i received 2,5k dmg already..
Last edited by Ausgelebt on Nov 12, 2013, 7:02:32 AM
"
ebrl wrote:
Good riddance to stupid broken CoDT, and to anyone who is lame enough to ragequit over the most needed nerf since the beginning of PoE.

+1
(CWDT) This is the first time I was really annoyed by any patch change in POE.
now if they flipped the scale on when CoDT would trigger starting from level 1 taking 2520 damage to trigger to the level 20 gem only requiring 440 damage it would almost balance it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info