1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
A fair number of people are misunderstanding the change to Cast when Damage Taken. A level 1 CwDT gem can support higher than level 1 versions of other gems. It's the level requirement that is checked, not the actual level.

We've tested many, many builds with this change and most characters still gain a lot of benefit from the skill. We'll keep an eye on how it performs after the patch hits and will adjust balance further (the damage thresholds, potentially) based on data.

Sorry to say this but I dont believe that youre interested in balancing jack shit anymore, and thats fine.

You want to collect data and force different meta games.
CwDT's change is expected but it need some tweak.
High level CwDT is unusable without a huge life/es pool and it proc less frequent.

From everyone is using it to everyone is dropping it, this patch ...... No comment.
Last edited by TonyTsang on Nov 12, 2013, 7:15:54 AM
Nice, just nice. Introduce a new gem, make everyone adapted their style of play to it and then just make it worthless. Such an non-trivial way to gain popularity from community... First auras, now this shit. Maybe developers should think first and then do?
can I get the money back I spent today in the shop? because my character is useless now?
There were so many ways to balanced CWDT. Yet instead of looking at the player base and listening to any feedback you guys force a gem that was never used back into the abyss. Wouldn't it have been smarter to make the gems proc % based instead of forcing people to use un leveled gems? Amazing GGG. I understand as is the GEM was over powered. But please tell me who would take the time to stop and cast molten shell? Lol.
This is my third at constructive dialog - and instead of failing again, i will say this:

With recent changes Passive Tree made it to Realease with VERY poor balance concerning defensive nodes.
More commonly know as "Path of Life Nodes"...

What The **** GGG!? You what, done ZERO testing with trigger gems prior to relesing in on live servers? On hit almost useless already, outside derp builds, since you need to use MINIMUM TWO gemslots - and you know it, they are VERY expensive for main damage skill...

Im fine with "non-CD" exploit fix - it was obvious... But this?

Just... Just... I honestly cant express this without getting censored...

Then you need to farm and gear up in order to progress IN endgame content - its mean what balance is good...

But then you need to spend days and weeks of brainless farm and screening trade chat (and i personally trade very rarely and mostly for skill gems) in order to get a CHANCE of getting in end game?

*censored*

Ok, i am calm now - GGG, you done extremly good and almost unique work with Path of Exile, i relly hope you now what you are doing with balance in long term... Since so far recent changes stands against it...

Ditto.
Thanks for the ev nerf guys.

You ever gonna buff the Ev/HP nodes to be even CLOSE to as good as the Ar/HP nodes? Or should we all just play marauder?
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I wish they would specify what level maps include buffing the drop rate of more maps so I know if I should stop doing my maps and wait for tomorrow :/
Your rapid fire content patches are biting you in the ass and tearing down a great reputation that you built up over the course of the Betas.

You really need to rethink your patch/content strategy now that we are in release.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
I think cast on damage taken deserves a change and that's a good solution

BUT

the gem damage taken value scale per level is too step, it needs a slightly smoother curve, 2k+ damage for a 15 gem is way too much, it should proc somethig BEFORE a character dies -_- otherwise that gem will end in the rubbish bin.

About auras, Vitality cost is a welcome change, maybe a couple more auras should have their cost tweaked based on their buff's power.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info