[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

I am taking a break form this game for a while... I am selling My entire build gear+gems.... selling it all together or will separate for the right price. PM me if interested..

Hey guys and girls I'd like to announce my first contest!

For more details check this thread!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780986/page/1
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
With this build, what gems give you the best bang for your GCP buck? I'm poor, but I'm looking to get my damage up without spending a ton on higher rolls on jewelry.
"
mierdaan wrote:
With this build, what gems give you the best bang for your GCP buck? I'm poor, but I'm looking to get my damage up without spending a ton on higher rolls on jewelry.

I'mm not sure that i've understood your question... you want to know what gems should have quality or?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
If you only had 20 GCPs, which gem would you take to 20% quality first? Which gives you the best damage bonus for the build?
Ah i see.
Well The Infernal Blow and Melee Splash increase the AoE
And the rest will pretty much give the same DPS boost.. so it doesn't really matter which of those you'll choose.

Just an advice don't use GCP to get a gem from 0% to 20% quality .. it's cheaper to buy one that is already at 20% ( 20% gems are around 1ex (8GCP) )
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I wouldn't spend 20 GCP on taking a gem from 0-20, I was just thinking about what to do with a few dropped gems that are already non-zero quality. Thanks!
Hey! I've just hit level 75 with this awesome build and doing pretty well with it, even though I could only afford Facebreakers, Abyssus and a mediocre 5L RRRRR chest and I am still far away from being wealthy enough to buy Rainbowstride and/or Aegis Aurora. I'm at around 14k DPS right now with Blood Rage charges, which is far enough to farm Piety in less than 8 minutes to not lose the Lunaris instance.

Now to my question: As skill points are getting more scarce now, I'm being careful about where to put my next ones to get most out of them. I was specifically wondering why you didn't take the "30% increased ES from equipped shield" next to Bulwark. For me, my yellow Titanium Spirit Shield with 243 ES is the item with far the most ES of all my gear, and I don't think this would change much even if I had Aegis Aurora. So what's the reasoning for not taking these nodes?
Well actualy for my situation with Aegis Aurora and my gear the ES nodes provide more ES than the ES from shield nodes. But in your case they might be better(the shield ones) so feel free to take them first :)
First of all, major thanks for this thread, both to the OP and everyone who's replied. I'd been looking for a main (non-farming) character to play and decided to try out a Facebreaker build when I had a pair drop a few days ago, and this thread has been amazing help.

I'm still fairly new and not a "pro" player, but playing a few hours a night during the week I've gotten my character up to level 62 in three days. I'm not running two auras yet since I don't have quite enough mana to pull it off, so I'm using Discipline but leaving Hatred off. But 8k DPS is plenty when farming Merciless Ledge like I have been the last five levels or so.

Now I've got my gear set up and it's time to think about the switch to CI. (I have a 5L Ar/ES chest waiting for me that I'd been using on another character, but the level requirement is 67.)

Spoiler

My question is: what's a comfortable starting ES level for the CI switch in this build? My farming character is a CI Summoner, and I didn't go CI until I had about 3k ES. But that build has no armor and no enhancements to shield blocking, so I imagine the needs are much higher than it would be for this build.

Also, I think that the Lightning Warp/Reduced Duration/Faster Casting combo is a must for this build. Like not even optional.
Last edited by Barandis on Feb 7, 2014, 10:04:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info