[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

Read the "Triggered Skills" Section very carefuly and use the exact gem setup (including gem levels) as show in the "Active skills" section

The short answer is - yes! The spells linked to the cast when damage taken must have lower level requirements than the trigger gem
i.e the trigger needs character level 31 at level 1 - if you link a molten shell level 20 which need character level 68 to the trigger it won't be casted!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 19, 2013, 6:58:00 PM
"
yesmur wrote:
Did they nerf cast on damage taken? Mine's not casting molten or decoy.

Yes they did. Seems you missed all the QQ about it.

Hover over your CoDT gem and you will notice that a lvl 1 gem cannoy support high lvl gems anymore - due to the gem requirements.

A lvl 1 CoDT gem can now only support lvl 5 Enducring Cry and lvl 7 Molten Shell.

From patch notes:

"Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem."
GuardianOfValhalla
Last edited by GermanSuplex64 on Nov 19, 2013, 7:01:26 PM
i rebuild my witch, followed ur guide, and was able to achieve 34k dps, od course the gems are not perfect yet, so is the passive tree. I can carry a 5 men team on lvl 69 map with no problem, but the only problem is Vaal. He one shots me with his slam, is there any way to tank it? or i must dodge it?
and by the way, i was trying to link summon skeleton to cast on melee kill, you know, just for fun, but it never worked, why is that? can you explain?

thanks
Last edited by frankliang988 on Nov 19, 2013, 10:22:27 PM
Hey there. Posting just to thank you for this guide, it's been immensely helpful and a lot of fun, I'm waltzing through Normal and looking forward to the other difficulties (even though I do kinda feel like a glass cannon at level 38!).

The only slight problem I have is a little lack of mobility to get to archers, carrion queens, etc. I've been using Lightning Warp (with Faster Casting and Reduced Duration) to help with that, and even though it's a bit heavy on mana it's been working well.

I expect to run into trouble in later levels since I play self-found and dislike trading, so no Abyssus, Meginord's or Aegis Aurora in my immediate future (unless I get lucky!). We'll see how that goes :)

But, once again, thank you for your work.
Last edited by Faldrath on Nov 19, 2013, 10:25:26 PM
Hey KorgothBG,

I am loving your guide, truly loving this new witch. I just have one question. I acquired facebreakers and the belt easily and am working on getting the helmet abyssus soon and rainbowstride. Just I know it will take me forever to beable to have enough currency to afford an Aegis Aurora though. Currently they are going for about 9 ex on Domination league. I was wondering if there are any good substitutes you would recommend using for around level 50+ ish. I am still using the level 8 unique sheild right now haha.

Thanks,
YourFaceMyFist

I would like to thanks you for this build, it's amazing!
Currently in act 3 merciless and rolling over everything :)
I feel like playing hulk on steroïds, kinda strange for a frail witch but really fun!

Thanks again for sharing this build!

Last edited by Moonchild3370 on Nov 20, 2013, 12:14:50 AM
@frankliang988
Unfortunatly the Vaal Smash and the Dominus Smash attacks can only be tanked by blocking them(i'm not sure for the Vaal actualy). But that's risky.. you now 74% chance to live and 25% chance to die... so you just have to manualy dodge them. With the Vaal Smash that's easy.. i've been doing even Dual Vaals and it's not a problem. But the Dominus smash is harder to dodge.. the damn thing always faces you...
As for the Melee on kill. It works if the trigger and the spell(summon skeletons) is linked to the attack you are using to do the melee kill (just like Item Rarity support works you know... it needs to be linked to the attack that makes the killing blow). So i'm guessing that's the problem.. other than that.. no idea

@Faldrath
The mobility is always... i won't say a problem... but an annoying fact for the facebreaker builds... You canuse Lightning Warp indeed but the casting time is something that i can't stand. The othe method is to have a weapon on the offhand with flicker/leapslam. But i have Rathpith's Globe on the offhand... so that's not the solution for me. The third way and the way that i'm using is quicksilver flasks. I have 3 of them. It's the least effective method but the only one that has a place in this build in my opinion.
I don't like to trade eighter and i never play in a party! But from time to time you just need to trade. My advice? Atleast get the belt :)

@pospops
The only good substitute to the Aegis Aurora is the Rathpith's Globe... but it's for level 68+. So i guess that you'll have to stick to the Crest of Perandus for some time. It's an awesoe shield so it's ok ;) I'm afraid that you might have to stick to life fr some time too.. but i'm not 100% sure for that

@Moonchild3370, pospops, Faldrath, frankliang988
Thank you for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it! :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 20, 2013, 6:36:49 AM
I've got this question ingame : "What is your DPS with Added Fire damage insted of Melee Splash?"
I guess he/she wants to know that for PvP reasons because you don't need splash in 1v1 PvP.
So here is the answer:
Spoiler
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 20, 2013, 6:35:13 AM
Very nice guide again and sounds very interesting. Thanks !

I only have a 5L Saintly Chainmail.
How much damage you do with your 6L and how much without Faster Attacks gem ?

I have already a lvl 85 IB Duelist, but want to try out this one.
6L ( all gems ) - 44374
5L ( no Faster attacks ) - 30361 (that's with level 19 gem)
5L ( no Melee Physical Damage ) - 28950
5L ( no Melee Damage on Full Life ) - 29151 (that's with level 19 gem)
5L ( no Multistrike ) - 27846

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info