1.0.0g Patch Notes

Tbh, I think it is strange that the map-system, which is kind awesome, is being diluted down in favour of boring 'run the same boss again, and again' BS, that has been a staple of the genre since forever.

I kinda get the crafting option, but it shouldn't drop from Piety.
IGN: GyreJubjub (Nemesis)
disappointed, the majority of the uber unique still locked....this eliminate the fun and consider 4 month only for these leagues, this is really an un-necessary approach.
IGN: Linsfamily_ST
Last edited by spiky0209 on Nov 7, 2013, 12:11:31 AM
There is still something wrong with an item only available in lvl.76+ maps. I don't get it, GGG has data, how many people do regular runs on maps 76-77 ? 1%, maybe 2% of them ?

People don't do runs outside of maps because they're "more efficient" or "more rewarding", they do them because they don't have any other choice. Sure, I can play all day 66-68 maps, but even if I want to do the "harder content available", I can't because I have no way to decide how my map is going to be roll.

Maps need a rework. I'm fine with Shavronne's and Kaom's dropping only on map lvl.78, but at one condition : if I want to do these maps, i should have the possibility to do them, no matter how hard they can be.

What I suggest :
Let's say we start with a map with 0 affixe.
If you full clear that map (every monsters + boss), you'll get a rare map with the same level, but 1 affixe (just like you transmuted the map). No other map can drop on your run.

You clear the map, you get a random map with the same level, and one new affix.
If a map is "too hard", and you have to reroll it, you're restarting with a 0 affix map.

That way, you'll clean a white 66, then a blue 66 with only one affix, until you get a 66 with 6 affixes.
If you can full clean 6 maps in a row without rerolling it, you've access to a new tier : a map lvl.67.

Repeat that process, and as long as you can clean maps, you can get lvl.78 maps. It's still hard, because every time you need to reroll a map it's like take a step back, but that whay you don't have to roll maps until you get Pack Size / Maze / More Magic Monsters. Currently, players don't AIM for hard maps, they're only trying to get easy mods, but with huge pack size in large area.

GGG please, do something for maps !
I'm okay with the RNG for drops, but I'm not with RNG to access the content ! It's perfectly fine that end game items drop only in end game areas, as long as we can access those areas without "luck".
Last edited by Maniaa on Nov 7, 2013, 12:13:02 AM
1) Kaom's Heart and Shavronne's Wrappings can now drop outside maps: The base items for these is level 66 (Glorious Plate) and 62 (Occultist Vestment). Does that mean Merciless Piety is now capable of dropping both these items?

2) I vaguely remember a maps-only unique list posted on Reddit. So you're saying this change affects only Kaom's and Shavronne's, but the rest of the items are still maps-only?

3) The chance for these items to drop was super-low. Is the drop rate still the same or is it decreased? Do maps have a "higher" chance to drop these items than non-map areas?
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
mmmmm i don't think it was koams and shavs that people were targeting with their "feedback," i'd actually prefer if they were gated behind like 70-72 maps but that should be the limit. fun stuff like andavarus and voltaxic are still unnecessarily locked away from the majority of players. the chance change is fine but meh, was kinda hoping for more uniques outside of maps than the 2 big ones you named in the original announcement post.
So, now any itemlevel glorious plate can now go Kaoms? Same to Shavronnes?
"
Ciemjke wrote:
Name me a single reason to do maps over Piety runs, and I'll give you 10 why Piety is better.
I really hope GGG keeps in mind how 100% of players doing the one most efficient exp/farm run worked out for the player base in that other game that cannot be named.

experience once you get past lvl 80 or so. 85 used to be the 1% per run for old lunaris, seems like its more around lvl 82/83 with the level changes. Lunaris also gets boring after a couple hundred runs (rngeezus knows I spent about a month farming Lunaris 3/piety in anarchy). As far as end game goes the fun and challenge for me is in maps (ymmv of course). One of my goals this league is to hit 95 before the league ends, wouldn't be much fun doing that in Lunaris even if I had the time to grind that much.
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
This is expected to be deployed within a few hours.

Version 1.0.0g
  • Fixed a bug introduced in 1.0.0f where some flask effects would not work.

Sweet! Thanks for fixing the flask issue.

Oh is THAT why my uncurse Topaz Flask didnt make me immune for the duration? I was afraid they had changed that mrchanic on purpose for whatever reason.
"
Ciemjke wrote:
Name me a single reason to do maps over Piety runs, and I'll give you 10 why Piety is better.
I really hope GGG keeps in mind how 100% of players doing the one most efficient exp/farm run worked out for the player base in that other game that cannot be named.
you get more/better loot and more currency quicker. you get more experience. please tell me your 10 reasons.
Last edited by bibi1338 on Nov 7, 2013, 12:20:51 AM
"
Maniaa wrote:
There is still something wrong with an item only available in lvl.76+ maps. I don't get it, GGG has data, how many people do regular runs on maps 76-77 ? 1%, maybe 2% of them ?

People don't do runs outside of maps because they're "more efficient" or "more rewarding", they do them because they don't have any other choice. Sure, I can play all day 66-68 maps, but even if I want to do the "harder content available", I can't because I have no way to decide how my map is going to be roll.

Maps need a rework. I'm fine with Shavronne's and Kaom's dropping only on map lvl.78, but at one condition : if I want to do these maps, i should have the possibility to do them, no matter how hard they can be.

What I suggest :
Let's say we start with a map with 0 affixe.
If you full clear that map (every monsters + boss), you'll get a rare map with the same level, but 1 affixe (just like you transmuted the map). No other map can drop on your run.

You clear the map, you get a random map with the same level, and one new affix.
If a map is "too hard", and you have to reroll it, you're restarting with a 0 affix map.

That way, you'll clean a white 66, then a blue 66 with only one affix, until you get a 66 with 6 affixes.
If you can full clean 6 maps in a row without rerolling it, you've access to a new tier : a map lvl.67.

Repeat that process, and as long as you can clean maps, you can get lvl.78 maps. It's still hard, because every time you need to reroll a map it's like take a step back, but that whay you don't have to roll maps until you get Pack Size / Maze / More Magic Monsters. Currently, players don't AIM for hard maps, they're only trying to get easy mods, but with huge pack size in large area.

Brilliant

GGG please, do something for maps !
I'm okay with the RNG for drops, but I'm not with RNG to access the content ! It's perfectly fine that end game items drop only in end game areas, as long as we can access those areas without "luck".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info