1.0.0g Patch Notes

noobs will be noobs

Spend currency to roll your maps and you will get more maps

quit crying please GGG does a lot for the community
Last edited by XStinger on Nov 10, 2013, 2:55:05 PM
It seems most people only know how to cry instead of just enjoy
"
What I suggest :
Let's say we start with a map with 0 affixe.
If you full clear that map (every monsters + boss), you'll get a rare map with the same level, but 1 affixe (just like you transmuted the map). No other map can drop on your run.

You clear the map, you get a random map with the same level, and one new affix.
If a map is "too hard", and you have to reroll it, you're restarting with a 0 affix map.

That way, you'll clean a white 66, then a blue 66 with only one affix, until you get a 66 with 6 affixes.
If you can full clean 6 maps in a row without rerolling it, you've access to a new tier : a map lvl.67.

Repeat that process, and as long as you can clean maps, you can get lvl.78 maps. It's still hard, because every time you need to reroll a map it's like take a step back, but that whay you don't have to roll maps until you get Pack Size / Maze / More Magic Monsters. Currently, players don't AIM for hard maps, they're only trying to get easy mods, but with huge pack size in large area.

GGG please, do something for maps !
I'm okay with the RNG for drops, but I'm not with RNG to access the content ! It's perfectly fine that end game items drop only in end game areas, as long as we can access those areas without "luck".

I really like this suggestion as a way of dealing with the RNG of maps. It's an interesting solution and it allows people to actually make progress with each map run. However, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, I do think that it creates a problem with the PoE economy. The point of the orbs and the rerolling of items is to constantly remove currency from circulation. That prevents most items' costs from hitting the point of ridiculous inflation.

One great way to burn through a ton of currency is in rolling high level maps. People blow through 10, 20, 30 chaos to get a decent roll, and they might even exalt after that just to squeeze out that ideal roll to keep the high level maps coming. Burning through that much currency, they need the currency from lower level players about as much as we need the high level loot they get from running the maps. Without the huge currency sink that maps, and I would guess unproductive maps even more so, provide, the PoE economy would have a lot more super rich players throwing their money around and super-inflating the prices of any decent items because they no longer have any real pressing need to sell to other, non-super rich players.
"
Ahimsa wrote:
"
What I suggest :
Let's say we start with a map with 0 affixe.
If you full clear that map (every monsters + boss), you'll get a rare map with the same level, but 1 affixe (just like you transmuted the map). No other map can drop on your run.

You clear the map, you get a random map with the same level, and one new affix.
If a map is "too hard", and you have to reroll it, you're restarting with a 0 affix map.

That way, you'll clean a white 66, then a blue 66 with only one affix, until you get a 66 with 6 affixes.
If you can full clean 6 maps in a row without rerolling it, you've access to a new tier : a map lvl.67.

Repeat that process, and as long as you can clean maps, you can get lvl.78 maps. It's still hard, because every time you need to reroll a map it's like take a step back, but that whay you don't have to roll maps until you get Pack Size / Maze / More Magic Monsters. Currently, players don't AIM for hard maps, they're only trying to get easy mods, but with huge pack size in large area.

GGG please, do something for maps !
I'm okay with the RNG for drops, but I'm not with RNG to access the content ! It's perfectly fine that end game items drop only in end game areas, as long as we can access those areas without "luck".

I really like this suggestion as a way of dealing with the RNG of maps. It's an interesting solution and it allows people to actually make progress with each map run. However, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, I do think that it creates a problem with the PoE economy. The point of the orbs and the rerolling of items is to constantly remove currency from circulation. That prevents most items' costs from hitting the point of ridiculous inflation.

One great way to burn through a ton of currency is in rolling high level maps. People blow through 10, 20, 30 chaos to get a decent roll, and they might even exalt after that just to squeeze out that ideal roll to keep the high level maps coming. Burning through that much currency, they need the currency from lower level players about as much as we need the high level loot they get from running the maps. Without the huge currency sink that maps, and I would guess unproductive maps even more so, provide, the PoE economy would have a lot more super rich players throwing their money around and super-inflating the prices of any decent items because they no longer have any real pressing need to sell to other, non-super rich players.

I've had this thought about maps being a currency sink as well. But really, the more I think about it, there doesn't really seem to be *that* many people throwing away all this currency on high lvl maps. By the sounds of what people say on this forum, there doesn't seem to be that many people doing high lvl maps in general.

So without having the figures that only GGG has access to, I would make a guess that the currency spent on maps is really just a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of currency that is found on each server per day. It may seem like a lot that the top 50~100 people on the ladder are spending 30 chaos orbs per map (for a 6 man group, mind you), but there are thousands of people finding chaos orbs every day.

In my opinion.. To really fix this to where people can run maps -and- have a currency sink, the drop system of the game would need to be reworked or the crafting system would need to be reworked. Or Both.

I think fixing the crafting system up a bit would be enough to atleast stall hyperinflation (assuming maps even do anything to slow it in the first place).

When I played last January I never dreamed about making a 5link, the the odds were way too terrible. I saved to buy one. Since returning for release and hearing about peoples successes and the slightly upped rates, I've thrown every jewelers orb and fusing I've found towards making my own 5link. Who knows if I'll get it - maybe I won't. The point is that they gave enough incentive for me to use my currency on crafting instead of using it like gold.

Right now most crafting is much too risky for the average player to sink their currency into. If a currency sink is what is holding back access to high level maps, then crafting could definitely be at least a bandaid fix.

Sorry for rambling. Super tired.
Last edited by Yukionna on Nov 12, 2013, 12:12:00 AM
understood nothing...
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
i find it completely insane how 90% of all these 18 pages of posts can mistake ilvl for actual lvl.
you dont need to be in a lvl 78 map to get ilvl 78 Uniques, Things like voltaxic can drop from lvl 76 maps too as long as the mob is yellow or orange and from 77 maps from blue mobs or higher.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info