1.0.0g Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.0g
  • The Orb of Chance can now generate Uniques that are higher than the itemlevel of the base type you're trying to roll.

I dont understand, itemlevel affect chances of getting Uniques somehow or not?
"
_PBS_ wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.0g
  • The Orb of Chance can now generate Uniques that are higher than the itemlevel of the base type you're trying to roll.

I dont understand, itemlevel affect chances of getting Uniques somehow or not?

Holy crap people, LEARN TO READ:

"
Haboryme wrote:
From reddit:

PSA: Old white items dropped pre patch will still be able to be chanced to Uniques (they can't right now as of 1.0.0f)

Chris Wilson: Correct. The change in 1.0.0g is that the Chance code ignores level restrictions.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Chris wrote:
"
enigma1406 wrote:
Only Kaom's Heart and Shavronne's removed from map only list?

In this patch, yes. There's intense discussion about this still going in the office but we wanted to get this patch out to fix the bad flask issue.

So what is the new iLevel of Koam's and Shavronne's?
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
There still must be something done about Maps as an end-game mechanic.

I grinded map after map after map trying to get challenges done during the last leagues.
I never made it past a level 72 map.
Nothing higher dropped.
I once went from over 50 69+ maps back to 67 maps.

So when the new leagues started I already knew that no matter the amount of time put in I would never be able to complete a few of the challenges because the end game is not something I will get to participate in.

I don't mind RNG when it relates to items. That can be overcome by savvy trading and hard work. But RNG when it relates to game content is a horrible idea. I even purchased 72 maps a few times and they always dropped backwards...

There has to be a better way.
Agree with the above statement.
"
majesw wrote:
There still must be something done about Maps as an end-game mechanic.

I grinded map after map after map trying to get challenges done during the last leagues.
I never made it past a level 72 map.
Nothing higher dropped.
I once went from over 50 69+ maps back to 67 maps.

I have the same problem. I played hard an get 4 lvl 72 maps since i play. Then in the last lvl 72 map i have a lvl 74 map drop an i think year now its the chance to go higher.

And i roll many orbs to have a good lvl 74 map.

An then NO map drop in this map. NOT ONE !!!!

And now i am back to lvl 66 to 70 maps and no drop higher.

Thats really extremly frustating.

By the way. I dont need a kaoms or all the uniques. But i will play ALL maps in end game
without to have a group. And i dont like the trading system. So i will play selffind maps.
And dont need to buy or sell to play the game.
I like to play my own style. And this was a great goal from this game why i bought a beta pack. Now i feel like: sink or swim. You can play the game like we like or leave the game.
Thats verry sad. If i know the game goes at this direction i would not buy the beta pack.

I am verry sad about this.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Nov 7, 2013, 7:00:47 AM
I farmed piety/dominus for hours on end hoping "hey, a void battery might drop." when I found out it was a map only unique my heart sank, immediately stopped playing the game or planning on any of that happening. Really wish you guys had told people it was a waste of time to try to farm it outside of maps.

I play solo 99% of the time, been farming lunaris forever and never seen a high end item drop besides bringer of rain and a 1.2 attack speed 6 link white bow. I have a couple pages full of uniques I will never use (couple good for early levels). I've leveled 4 characters to at least 75 and only seen 2 exalts and 2 divines drop ever (some have told me that is lucky). I was utilizing a low life magic find discharger with wondertrap (can't do maps because he can't take a lick of chaos damage.)

I've never seen above a 72 map, and I've mapped an okay amount on a non magic find character. When I saw void battery and voltaxic rift at 77-78, I considered quitting because I will NEVER see a map of that level even if I direct all of my attention from lunaris/sceptre farming to maps. Rolling maps costs currency that I do not have, and they more often provide losses than gains. Map drop rate within maps is atrocious in my opinion.

It was a knee jerk reaction. I'm not gonna quit, this game is still a lot of fun. But I will say it has lost a lot of its luster since all of this information came out. I realize a game like this requires a lot of time committed to obtain the best of the best gear, but I don't think it's fair to say you need to play as much as someone like Kripp to obtain this stuff.

TLDR: solo players take a huge hit with map only uniques, map drop rate sucks, disheartened I didn't know I was farming for items I would NEVER get.
Last edited by hellfurian on Nov 7, 2013, 7:03:21 AM
"
spiky0209 wrote:
disappointed, the majority of the uber unique still locked....this eliminate the fun and consider 4 month only for these leagues, this is really an un-necessary approach.

No kidding. Even if all the top end uniques dropped from Piety (which would be stupid), at the end of the 4 month league they'd all be useless trash rotting in my Standard stash anyway.

"
hellfurian wrote:
I farmed piety/dominus for hours on end hoping "hey, a void battery might drop." when I found out it was a map only unique my heart sank, immediately stopped playing the game or planning on any of that happening. Really wish you guys had told people it was a waste of time to try to farm it outside of maps.

I play solo 99% of the time, been farming lunaris forever and never seen a high end item drop besides bringer of rain and a 1.2 attack speed 6 link white bow. I have a couple pages full of uniques I will never use (couple good for early levels). I've leveled 4 characters to at least 75 and only seen 2 exalts and 2 divines drop ever (some have told me that is lucky). I was utilizing a low life magic find discharger with wondertrap (can't do maps because he can't take a lick of chaos damage.)

I've never seen above a 72 map, and I've mapped an okay amount on a non magic find character. When I saw void battery and voltaxic rift at 77-78, I considered quitting because I will NEVER see a map of that level even if I direct all of my attention from lunaris/sceptre farming to maps. Rolling maps costs currency that I do not have, and they more often provide losses than gains. Map drop rate within maps is atrocious in my opinion.

It was a knee jerk reaction. I'm not gonna quit, this game is still a lot of fun. But I will say it has lost a lot of its luster since all of this information came out. I realize a game like this requires a lot of time committed to obtain the best of the best gear, but I don't think it's fair to say you need to play as much as someone like Kripp to obtain this stuff.

TLDR: solo players take a huge hit with map only uniques, map drop rate sucks, disheartened I didn't know I was farming for items I would NEVER get.

Same goes for me, not everyone is a party player.

"
plexman wrote:
well my flask is still bugged i dont get armor buff from

Ya, I have a flask with curse immunity that didn't work in 1.0.0e. I'm sure "f" didn't break it. Haven't yet tested if "g" fixed it. Probably not would be my guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info