Further Update to Map-only Uniques

"
fatelessguy wrote:
Can some1 explain me what's the idea of running bosses like piety or merveil, when u r lvl 80 or more u get 0 exp, just for loot? So, basically, i have a choice between more challenge at maps with less good loot, but exp, and good loot runs, not all together? That's... very frustrating. Or am i misunderstanding it? What is, actually, fun of just running at bosses u can easily faceroll with a decent gear at lvl 80+?

As a solo player you will most likely have to do this incase you dont wanna run white 69 maps , rolling maps is very costly and the chances of going up are still slim.
"
Kamro wrote:
"
fatelessguy wrote:
Can some1 explain me what's the idea of running bosses like piety or merveil, when u r lvl 80 or more u get 0 exp, just for loot? So, basically, i have a choice between more challenge at maps with less good loot, but exp, and good loot runs, not all together? That's... very frustrating. Or am i misunderstanding it? What is, actually, fun of just running at bosses u can easily faceroll with a decent gear at lvl 80+?

As a solo player you will most likely have to do this incase you dont wanna run white 69 maps , rolling maps is very costly and the chances of going up are still slim.

i'm not playing for too long, but now with my lvl 80 shadow i'm running lvl 68-70 maps, i wish i could have more 70 maps or 70+ maps later, but they drop very very rare :( I can't see why, what's the politics? All i want is grinding "random" maps of the level i can, and now i'm at the point, when 68-69 maps are too easy for me, but i have never seen higher lvls and the prices on them are too high. So, basically, i am forced to faceroll bosses i can kill easily now for loot without exp or i am forced to faceroll 68 lvl maps (12 lvls lower than me) for 2-3 percent of exp for run with worse than boss runs loot (that kinda killed my mind :o)
What's the whole point? When i saw this info, i was like "It's an awesome game, but wow.. Is it like, over?" Can some1 explain me please what's the whole point of this? Why wouldn't i have 72+ map drops as a 80 more often so i can progress and feel better? And get the loot of higher lvl on higher lvl maps :o

Don't get me wrong, i'm ready to run a map for a percent or even half a percent or such at higher lvls, but i want it to be more challengind and rewarding (let's say at lvl 80 i can choose to go at lvl 77-78 map for higher challenge and loot, or i can choose to run, for example, lvl 72-76 map for a little bit easier run, still not "facerolling", and reward chances must be equal to the challenge.) For now, i'm like so done :o i thought i'm just unlucky with those maps..
Last edited by fatelessguy on Nov 6, 2013, 7:59:23 PM
Oh getting that first 73 or 74 map and then dumping 1+ exalt of chaos into it just to get that superior Dried Lake 8% will be a nice experience for you then.
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:
"
fatelessguy wrote:

i'm not playing for too long, but now with my lvl 80 shadow i'm running lvl 68-70 maps, i wish i could have more 70 maps or 70+ maps later, but they drop very very rare :( I can't see why, what's the politics? All i want is grinding "random" maps of the level i can, and now i'm at the point, when 68-69 maps are too easy for me, but i have never seen higher lvls and the prices on them are too high. So, basically, i am forced to faceroll bosses i can kill easily now for loot without exp or i am forced to faceroll 68 lvl maps (12 lvls lower than me) for 2-3 percent of exp for run with worse than boss runs loot (that kinda killed my mind :o)
What's the whole point? When i saw this info, i was like "It's an awesome game, but wow.. Is it like, over?" Can some1 explain me please what's the whole point of this? Why wouldn't i have 72+ map drops as a 80 more often so i can progress and feel better? And get the loot of higher lvl on higher lvl maps :o

Don't get me wrong, i'm ready to run a map for a percent or even half a percent or such at higher lvls, but i want it to be more challengind and rewarding (let's say at lvl 80 i can choose to go at lvl 77-78 map for higher challenge and loot, or i can choose to run, for example, lvl 72-76 map for a little bit easier run, still not "facerolling", and reward chances must be equal to the challenge.) For now, i'm like so done :o i thought i'm just unlucky with those maps..

Your conditions are exactly happened on me, I never got a map higher than 72,little chance got 71、72map, many times finished a 70map with nothing got but 0.5%EXP. This condition make it's very hard to get my level86 upgrade to level87.
IGN: Aleep,Fly_Toy
"
FlyPark wrote:
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:

Your conditions are exactly happened on me, I never got a map higher than 72,little chance got 71、72map, many times finished a 70map with nothing got but 0.5%EXP. This condition make it's very hard to get my level86 upgrade to level87.

well i'm absolutely ok with 0.5 exp for a map. I'm not ok, that this exp is for location 14 lvls lower than me, and i'm not ok it's not as rewarding, as a faceroll (for a 80+) run to a boss =) That's my point
At lvl 66-68 i was like "Oh, i wanna farm this and this to get this and this to be able to do maps", after i was like "ok, i can do 66-67 maps, 68-69 are hard for me, i want some lvls and some more items so i can do them" and so on. And i thought i can continue with it for a long time until lvl 100 :D i know it's a long way, but what's the point of improving or smth, when i can't get "actual" for me content, though it exists in a game, and i don't need any upgrade to continue farming 66-68 maps :o i'm just rly stuck now. Just.. Why? Why can't they make those higher lvl map drops same as lvl 66-68 for higher lvls? :o Just rly, all i want if farming "actual for me" content and having place to improve for higher lvl content. It's a long way etc. Then season ends and we go to a new hc\sc league. Awesome game which u can play for a long time, having some pauses of course, as u can be used to any game. It could be awesome, but we are forced to a low lvl content as high lvls, and i just don't get why and what's the point. I'm sorry for my emotions :o
Last edited by fatelessguy on Nov 6, 2013, 8:30:24 PM
"
KentaK wrote:
"
Roleplayer wrote:
Didn't have a chance to reply to last thread, so might as well be here, since obviously devs are listening.
Gating uniques by map system is actually pretty good encouragement to participate in that part of the game. I just think that numbers needed a little bit of crunching. Restricting many drops to the only highest maps in game (and to rare/unique monsters at highest maps is shaky in my opinion). Something more reasonable like 68-70 maps for most of them, 66+ for some of them and maybe 71+ for the really best one or two) would make more sense and not incite that much anger. With some effort you should be able to go into 70 maps even if you are solo and selffound, so it should be ok.
Other than that, we play PvE mostly for that sense of legendary epic lewt (I guess) =) It's up to you to balance it that the reward is there, but also feels like it's a reward. You've tried one extreme, see where it went. But don't just bend over and go another extreme as it is not great at all either. Noone wants everyone to have 10x Kaom's each, that is for sure.

+1 couldn't have said it better.

+ another 1. Might as well quit if they go to this other extreme as mentioned above, OR become a botter myself since that is what seems to be encouraged by this change. So ehm, how does botting/ multiple clients work? :p
Owh now that I think about it, maybe it's a conspiracy(gotta love those theories).
Secretly they are relying on RMT(attracts more players)?
Win win for both parties, sort off..RMT having the better advantage
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]
A slippery slope, GGG has now verified that excessive whining works in changing their core game design.

This will feed the "nerf everything" crowd even more.

Thing is it never stops, when GGG nerfs something it takes 0,1 sec for the crowd to point out the next thing thats so "unfair" and casual (baddy) hostile.

Before you know it this game's one redeeming feature, it fulfilling a niche of beeing hostile and unforgiving will disappear and we are left with some standard game.

Players should never realistically reach BiS items or level 100, reaching those goals is by far the biggest reason to get bored and quit.

GGG needs to protect the whining croud from what they think they want...
easy items and progress...

They will never ever stop demanding it, not realizing what they themselfes want would actually worsen the gameplay experience.
Last edited by Anelit on Nov 6, 2013, 9:22:45 PM
"
Anelit wrote:
A slippery slope, GGG has now verified that excessive whining works in changing there core game design.

This will feed the "nerf everything" crowd even more.

Thing is it never stops, when GGG nerfs something it takes 0,1 sec for the crowd to point out the next thing thats so "unfair" and casual (baddy) hostile.

Before you know it this game's one redeeming feature, it fulfilling a niche of beeing hostile and unforgiving will disappear and we are left with some standard game.

Players should never realistically reach BiS items or level 100, reaching those goals is by far the biggest reason to get bored and quit.

GGG needs to protect the whining croud from what they think they want...
easy items and progress...

They will never ever stop demanding it, not realizing what they themselfes want would actually worsen the gameplay experience.

quoting for truth
kappa
they can make everything drop in non-map area. But the chance is as slim as getting a mirror
"
nikoon wrote:
my life to play hard maps?

"
nikoon wrote:
my play hard

"
nikoon wrote:
my hard

This guys name......It finally struck me..seriously guy...you think you are cool? Oh yeah stick it to the man... Ni Koon.

I'd say a name change is in order.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info