Further Update to Map-only Uniques

No uniques should be map only. Solo players will struggle to get to these said maps. I've played quite a lot and I've never done a 74+ map solo. Maps are still an issue and have been for quite some time, when is that going to be addressed? Friend and I are not playing anymore due to that very reason.
I was sad to see the uniques that were map only with such a high itemlevel.. They should all drop in a level 66map and higher. It was nice that some uniques wouldn't drop outside of a map so people can't open up 6 instances and cheese farm it so I am fine with some uniques staying only inside of a map but it is hardly fair for them to have such a high ilvl requirement. I hope the changes will make the ones listed all able to drop in a 66+ map.
When I was reading the feedback for the previous news announcement, I got a feeling
that GGG would need to address those concerns/complaints. I never expected a reply
and solution this fast! Probably the fastest communication by a company I've seen.
Keep up the hard work GGG! It doesn't go unnoticed. =P
Somehow I still get the feeling that Chris doesn't want me running around with Shavronne's Wrappings on.

At least there's still a chance, zing!
RIP squid summoners.
Thanks for finally giving us a list, then changing it within twelve hours. Any chance of getting an updated list with new itemlevels?

Oh, and I think that the list should be a little more publicized than having it hidden in a newspost somewhere, especially when it's going to affect all the poor newbies (and the occasional veteran like myself) who's been throwing chance orbs at low itemlevel Spine Bows.

And actually, that's what's bothered me so much about the entire map-only-uniques debacle - it seems to go against the general style of PoE. For literally everything else in the game, you always have the necessary information easily available if you're willing to find it; if you want to know how much more damage you'll get out of Skill A when compared to Skill B, you can do a little math, or try swapping the gem out and look at the resulting change in numbers. If you want to know what benefits you'll get from a specific item, it's right there in the tooltip. If you want to know how much more loot you can expect from running a Map, that's in the tooltip too. Everything's usually well-explained with few exceptions, and that's great - really great; it's hard to pull off a game where the players can find all the information they need and still have a defeatable challenge. But switching a fistful of uniques to map-only, and not telling us what level of maps we even need to run to find the damn things is... not that.
Last edited by TherosPherae on Nov 6, 2013, 4:06:54 PM
whine and cry and the players get their way, thanks blizzard.

Oops i mean GGG
"
TherosPherae wrote:
Thanks for finally giving us a list, .....
Oh, and I think that the list should be a little more publicized than having it hidden in a newspost somewhere, especially when it's going to affect all the poor newbies (and the occasional veteran like myself) who's been throwing chance orbs at low itemlevel Spine Bows.

an i and many of my friend throw it on glorius plate

The big mistake is that NOTHING about this changes was writen in patchnotes.

Nothing about chnace orb work only on item with level ... and above.

That is what i hate most at this situation.

And the map system ist the badest thing in poe. And there are many good ideas to change it.
But thats a point i have the impression the guys from ggg are mindfrozen or stubborn.

I'm very disappointed in this reversion of events. Map play is unjustifiably expensive without it.
"
I don't get about half of the uniques being in that list in the first place, some of them are either placeholders or niche, they're not godly stuff like shavs and kaoms...

Yet you make those two drop outside maps? not the rest? I don't get this decision at all.

Also the itemlevel requirement is ludicrous, level 72+ for most of them? when I saw the announcement I tought it meant "go to ANY map and it might show up", now you're telling me I need to do 3ex a pop maps to try to get a chance at any of those? how does that make MF LESS mandatory again? when I have to make sure that every 70+ map I run is with as much MF as possible?

Um, while I don't think these uniques should be 77+ I also wouldn't disagree with them not dropping until at least 70+ so they can't just drop while farming easy zones.
"
TherosPherae wrote:
Thanks for finally giving us a list, then changing it within twelve hours. Any chance of getting an updated list with new itemlevels?

And actually, that's what's bothered me so much about the entire map-only-uniques debacle - it seems to go against the general style of PoE. For literally everything else in the game, you always have the necessary information easily available if you're willing to find it; if you want to know how much more damage you'll get out of Skill A when compared to Skill B, you can do a little math, or try swapping the gem out and look at the resulting change in numbers. If you want to know what benefits you'll get from a specific item, it's right there in the tooltip. If you want to know how much more loot you can expect from running a Map, that's in the tooltip too. Everything's usually well-explained with few exceptions, and that's great - really great; it's hard to pull off a game where the players can find all the information they need and still have a defeatable challenge. But switching a fistful of uniques to map-only, and not telling us what level of maps we even need to run to find the damn things is... not that.

quoted for truth.

This and the diminishing returns on IIQ/IIR. Why don't you use a system with points and have us see percentages in the character screen? That way I could see like 10 Points increase my chances like 8%, or if I#m higher in IIQ only 5% or something. Right now, after I learned about it months after I started playing the game, I can only guess.

I don't like hidden mechanics in a game that much about numbers and math.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info