Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Further Update to Map-only Uniques

The problem with the current map system is that it basically demands the creation of lower and upper class players and when they announced the buffing of regular bosses drops coupled with map only uniques it became even more apparent to me that is the actual intention rather than a side effect. The upper class of player is your basic nolifer with a big group of ingame friends that roll high level maps drop high rarity items that they trade in exchange for extreme ammounts of currency because their rare item supply is limited, they use said currency to roll more maps repeat. Who do they trade with? The lower class players who are by necesity much more numerous or there wouldn't be enough currency for the upper class to keep the system going. They got higher drop rates from regular act bosses so they can be even better providers for their betters. This system resembles very much feudalism. Why would ggg desire such a system or worse encourage it is beyond me. Crafting is molded in the same manner, for every amazing item attempted to be crafted lots of peons worth of currency is required. All in all it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
The most optimal way how to resolve this Map drop only crap is to get the "best uniques" above the regular content. I didn't kill dominus on Merciless, but i guess it's 70 zone level?

If so, make the drop possibility to ilvl 73+ (so 71 maps, you can even create new base items just for it's purpose, so it won't be possible even to chance them). I am fine with that as casual.
The chance of drop of some great unique can be increased with the level of the map potentially.

Maps however should be probably mainly for leveling up faster than farming 65-67 regular zone, not the show stopper for certain builds that are done around some specific Unique items, that will be certainly overpriced by those who run maps, because they spent 2 ex rolling that map where it did drop.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
nikoon wrote:
Really? There are people on nemesis who already have lvl 78 maps.. Did they buy it?? From who?? League exists one week.. Maybe they dont actualy whine on forums about bad RNG and just playing the damn maps and having fun??

Care to tell me how many of those people running 78 maps did so solo? Or did so without spending an inordinate amount of time in trade chat and trade forums? Care to tell me how much currency they spent on maps in order to get to level 78 maps, and how much of that currency they found themselves, as opposed to traded for or pooled alongside guildmates?

The objections being raised here are not that endgame maps are not obtainable, but that they are not obtainable without changing the basic way many of us play the game - without constantly spending time in trade chat or managing a forum shop, without grouping with strangers to defray costs, without spending more currency than ever drops for a single player just to reach the map level, much less do anything with the items in them.

I'm pretty sure any reply will be something along the lines of 'play better' or 'can't expect to participate in the endgame if you don't play smart' or something equally condescending. Many of us believe that trade chat activity shouldn't be a requirement for endgame content. Many people disagree. GGG can use feedback from both.
Cuz we're all people, and thus have an opinion about everything:

Although I am bitchin' about the fact that some uniques are near impossible to find on your own (thus farm like crazy and hope to find someone who isn't asking for your kidney in exalts on trade), I do understand the need for some really hard-to-find, game-changing items.

But perhaps the current situation is a bit ridiculous. I don't dream of ever being as 'rich' in this game as some of the more famous players, but really ... if they like it rough - why not make a league just for them? Where everything is as difficult as can be... so we're all happy.

I play mostly solo (I don't enjoy play parties mostly because of all the desync and because after half an hour it's just frustrating to have your screen freeze every other second), and in all my playing I have never seen a map higher than 73 (and I play quite a lot). How, for the love of Jebus, am I ever gonna farm for higher-tier uniques?

I suppose that's my problem, and just have to get better and better. And I agree with this.

But, again, as a solo-player I feel I'm being left out, because the game promotes party-playing. I don't wanna play in parties. Better said: I don't want to feel I have to play in a party to be able to enjoy the game properly.

The 2% experience thingy - that no one has been able to explain to me properly - is another issue. As far as I understand it, for it to work, I need to play in a party.

I am a loner. Sometimes, I have no use for so much socializing.

P.S. OMG this game is awesome! Never doubt my love. :)
"
Avu wrote:
The problem with the current map system is that it basically demands the creation of lower and upper class players and when they announced the buffing of regular bosses drops coupled with map only uniques it became even more apparent to me that is the actual intention rather than a side effect. The upper class of player is your basic nolifer with a big group of ingame friends that roll high level maps drop high rarity items that they trade in exchange for extreme ammounts of currency because their rare item supply is limited, they use said currency to roll more maps repeat. Who do they trade with? The lower class players who are by necesity much more numerous or there wouldn't be enough currency for the upper class to keep the system going. They got higher drop rates from regular act bosses so they can be even better providers for their betters. This system resembles very much feudalism. Why would ggg desire such a system or worse encourage it is beyond me. Crafting is molded in the same manner, for every amazing item attempted to be crafted lots of peons worth of currency is required. All in all it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I very much agree with what you said, but its a consequence of free trade...not of the loot system. There will ALWAYS be haves and have nots as long as supplies/resources are limited. Perhaps its up to you and your guild to create a better system of sharing and mutually beneficial trades, rather than for profit open trading.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Yay, multiboxers can get their rain of uniques again, yeah!

What a crock of shit, disappointed.

What is next, nerf the HP buff too ?
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
Last edited by Ntk on Nov 6, 2013, 7:33:56 AM
GGG please get your shit together regarding uniques, it's like you have no idea what you are doing. All this is spawned off the back of adding OP uniques to the game, then having to nerf them, then doing this shit...there are still hundreds more uniques to come....are we going to constantly see GGG fumble & muddle about when it comes to these items?

"
Finnien wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:
Really? There are people on nemesis who already have lvl 78 maps.. Did they buy it?? From who?? League exists one week.. Maybe they dont actualy whine on forums about bad RNG and just playing the damn maps and having fun??

Care to tell me how many of those people running 78 maps did so solo? Or did so without spending an inordinate amount of time in trade chat and trade forums? Care to tell me how much currency they spent on maps in order to get to level 78 maps, and how much of that currency they found themselves, as opposed to traded for or pooled alongside guildmates?

The objections being raised here are not that endgame maps are not obtainable, but that they are not obtainable without changing the basic way many of us play the game - without constantly spending time in trade chat or managing a forum shop, without grouping with strangers to defray costs, without spending more currency than ever drops for a single player just to reach the map level, much less do anything with the items in them.

I'm pretty sure any reply will be something along the lines of 'play better' or 'can't expect to participate in the endgame if you don't play smart' or something equally condescending. Many of us believe that trade chat activity shouldn't be a requirement for endgame content. Many people disagree. GGG can use feedback from both.

Trading is part of the game, its knowledge and its skill.. U need to what to pick up, how to store it in your limited inventory and when and to who you can sell it. You need to know prices and spent lot of time on trading chat.. You dont have to trade, you can spend that time in game playing.. But dont be surprised that people who trade has more wealth.. They deserved it.. Maybe they werent lazy to trade..

For example for me personaly.. I enjoy both playing and trading.. I play mostly solo as well and I know for my personal experience that you can create your own 70 + map pool playing solo.. Of course it takes longer, but I am patient and I dont rush.. At least I will enjoy game longer period of time..
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 6, 2013, 7:42:22 AM
"
Avu wrote:

Exactly this.

This is the main problem with uniques only being found in high level maps. Everyone would be incentivized to move up the map chain to higher maps. However this would become extremely hard as there would be a smaller pool of players staying out of maps feeding those rolling high maps. High level white items would lose their value extremely quickly.
ign: DaEDaenarys
"
GGG please get your shit together regarding uniques, it's like you have no idea what you are doing. All this is spawned off the back of adding OP uniques to the game, then having to nerf them, then doing this shit...there are still hundreds more uniques to come....are we going to constantly see GGG fumble & muddle about when it comes to these items?

Change is a good thing. It keeps things fresh and interesting. Focus on the positive and not the negative. Dont be so stuck in the present, refusing to accept anything new or different. For to do so eliminates growth and excitement.
Regardless of what GGG does or doesnt do, there will be ppl who complain.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info