Further Update to Map-only Uniques

still not happy, I think all the uniques should drop everywhere... if focus for getting uniques is maps, give them an IIR bonus on top of the IIQ.
But do NOT penalize more players who do not map .... It broke my envy to continue to play...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Nov 6, 2013, 8:14:06 AM
Yay! Finally non-mappers can also get a few more items. Thank you!
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
Amazing changes, thank you! :-)
So correct me if im wrong but the whole point of GGG trying to implement this idea of map only unique drops was to encourage people to play the high level content.

Instead of "fixing" YES "fixing" the map problems i.e. fucking near impossible to even get to high level maps (76+) unless of course the stated parameters are met (6 man team, no life, social network game of trading and spamming) they create a bigger issue which luckily they have somewhat resolved...

basically Chris... WHY IN THE WORLD dont you put in a damned cap on the lowest lvl map that can drop... same as the highest lvl map drop cap.... its really not at all unreasonable to make it +/- 2 lvls of the map you are in.

OR simply just fucking let us play the game... the full game... i have never ever played a game that didnt allow me to access certain content... because of the game designers preferences to gaming style. NEVER EVER... its just ridiculous.

Chris you DO realise that people wouldnt be complaining about no progression and hardly no content to play at end game if you just allowed everyone the access to high level maps.

its just ahh i dont know.. you know them ones when you just feel like picking someone up and shaking them in the air because they are just so stubborn and ignorant, those times they just fail or refuse to see the bigger picture.

you guys have made an amazing game that sooo many people want to play and one that is growing at a very alarming rate (the rate that your servers werent even prepared for so many players) but you dont allow 90% of the player base to experience the content.. the exciting content.. i dont even know what bosses there are on maps past lvl 74.. cause ive never dropped those maps. whether you realise this or not (seeing as your whole team has NEVER tried to play this game on a "medium budget PC" which unfortunately is probably 70% + player base... this game is not optimised yet. i can run this game on full details.. then switch to lowest details and it works WORSE.. thats right WORSE on low details. i dont know what kind of bogus optimisation that is.)

really i am sorry for all of the things i said out of rage and anger in the previous thread. but its just frustrating to have the funnest game infront of you and not be able to access the best content of it. like really when you released the info about new maps coming out i really didnt give a shit... and i dont like saying this but i hope you feel unappreciated for that.. because i am sure 90% of the player base feels unappreciated for not being allowed to play that content.
"
Finnien wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:

Trading is part of the game, its knowledge and its skill.. U need to what to pick up, how to store it in your limited inventory and when and to who you can sell it. You need to know prices and spent lot of time on trading chat.. You dont have to trade, you can spend that time in game playing.. But dont be surprised that people who trade has more wealth.. They deserved it.. Maybe they werent lazy to trade..

There's a difference between 'too lazy to trade' and 'don't enjoy trading'. For many people, trading is NOT part of the game. It's an action-RPG, not an economic-RPG. In all my years of gaming (which is quite a few) I've never seen an ARPG where the endgame content couldn't be reached by a single motivated, skilled and knowledgable player adventuring through the game and making use of what he found to get there. I would argue that you cannot reach level 77 maps by doing that here.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
And you would be wrong.

I really wish you would set aside this silly point that you make over and over, Slayer.

Yes, it's possible to reach 77 and 78 maps without trading. Yes it is possible to do all content self found. I'm living proof of that.
Here's a couple of maps that I'm rolling right now

I've done several of both 77 maps and several of both 78 maps.

The claim that it isn't possible, is in fact wrong.
Your counter that it is possible, is in fact right.

But let's get into what matters.
I was at over 3000 hours /played when I first got access to a 77 map.
I was at over 4000 hours /played when I first got access to a 78 map.

Both these milestones at several points hinged on a fulcrum of luck where my map pool had diminished to nothing more than 69s with a solitary 74 map which could or could not yield progression. Several times this situation would result in what our beloved Daliah would call 'not-a-map-pool' or an 'unbase'.

In both cases, pure luck saw a 74 shower with maps, then one of the higher maps do the same. In both cases, hundreds of hours hinged on a slim chance. In both cases, these attempts at the slim chance were few and far between.

But let's look at what was going on for the hundreds, thousands of hours that made these attempts possible. What was going on was facerolling Lunaris or low level maps and putting every single chaos through the highest map in order to challenge the RNG. All the while out-gearing the actual content that is meant to be a challenge.

My first visit to a shipyard was a comical faceroll. My first visit to a shrine was a comical facetank. My first visit to Mageara left me wondering what the fuss was about. My first visit to Precinct I full MFd the fucker. All from gear found in Lunaris from the sheer amount of time required facerolling enough content to roll maps that the odds are you will find most top uniques and high roll low level rares. While the 78 bosses aren't exactly outgeared (fk 78 Dom lol), the actual maps are.

So when these people say it isn't possible, it pretty much isn't possible without an insane time investment and insane luck, it doesn't help that the amount of time required ends up trivialising most of the content without even seeing it. But then, the designed methods of trading and grouping do that to a greater extent.

This game is said to be a challenging, hardcore aRPG, yet its missplaced currency sink by way of content gating, make it, by design, not challenging or hardcore.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 6, 2013, 8:45:00 AM
I hope you will remain the same,listening so much to the community...
this two threads and the day today go down in history, no doubt
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
LET THEM IN!!!

lvl 78 maps for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like blizzard did, inferno and mp 10 for everyone!!
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
Avu wrote:
The problem with the current map system is that it basically demands the creation of lower and upper class players and when they announced the buffing of regular bosses drops coupled with map only uniques it became even more apparent to me that is the actual intention rather than a side effect. The upper class of player is your basic nolifer with a big group of ingame friends that roll high level maps drop high rarity items that they trade in exchange for extreme ammounts of currency because their rare item supply is limited, they use said currency to roll more maps repeat. Who do they trade with? The lower class players who are by necesity much more numerous or there wouldn't be enough currency for the upper class to keep the system going. They got higher drop rates from regular act bosses so they can be even better providers for their betters. This system resembles very much feudalism. Why would ggg desire such a system or worse encourage it is beyond me. Crafting is molded in the same manner, for every amazing item attempted to be crafted lots of peons worth of currency is required. All in all it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

is it bad that people who invest time get an advantage over people who casually play .. are you sure that you are on the right page here m8 ?

If my argument was what you are implying it was your reply would be waranted but I clearly reffered to nolifers with ingame friends the only ones that can sustain high level maps for any length of time. Are they better than a nolifer who has a bad computer who can't handle group play? Are they better than people who have full time jobs and a family and can't spare the time to trade for currency? So much better they deserve access to content and rewards that are out of proportion to their time investment? If you play 5 times as much as someone else are not 5 times as many drops and xp enough must you also have monopoly over items the other guy cannot get at all?
Massively increased the drop rates of uniques?
I did 3 hours of merveil runs the other day with 6 chars and I got 2 uniques in that time. Before this "massive increase" I used to usually loot an unique every 5 runs or so which makes me wonder if you really did increase the drop rate of uniques.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info