Further Update to Map-only Uniques

"
Mahesys wrote:
"
LeMing wrote:
If I could have a CHANCE of playing last tier of maps I also agree that some uniques can be high level map only. But during the whole open beta I had no chance to play on 74+ map!!! Not because it was too hard. Only because map drop system is broken. This is the ONLY thing I don’t like in PoE.

If you don't have a chance, then you're doing something wrong, you can buy high tier maps too from othger players, you're not forced to find them.

Actually, in Nemesis i'm doing from 68 to 73 maps only self founded, but if i want to, i could easily buy a 74+ map from other players and play it, you need to spend resorces ofc

I don’t like buying maps concept. Maps system is part of a game content IMO it should be restricted only by player ability to survive on it. Not by spending months for accumulating currency and vendoring thousands of maps. Current system is something like “if you would like to play 15min in act 2 you have to find 100 keys from act 1 and for playing 15min in act 3 accumulate 10.000 keys. And act 1 is sooo easy and boring…”
ing: Storm_Gaze
"
nikoon wrote:
"
Storm007 wrote:
While I'd like to thank you GGG for quick reaction on the item requirement feedback,
I still see no reaction on the (in my opinion) MAIN ISSUE of this whole thread.

The main issue is, as many ppl see it, the impossibility to sustain the map pool, ESPECIALLY in the SOLO play. I think, not many ppl would actually mind having high level item requirements and obtainability only in maps, if there was a mechanism that would reduce (or best remove) the random generator for map drops.

I think, the map system in general is a GREAT IDEA, when i first learnt about it i was really happy about such endgame feature. But the current dropsystem makes it a big failure atm.

I'd offer an easy solution too: have map drop probability/certainty fixed with quality ratio on map. Lets say, 30%Q grants you and -2lvl map drop at least, 50%Q grants you -1lvl map, 80%Q grants you same lvl map at least?
(possibly alternate the %s for solo and party play, as big groups sure have it easier to turn %s higher and solo play is way too much punished here)

I understand that you want to keep the endgame somewhat exclusive, but nowadays its WAY TOO exclusive. Maintaining map pool above lvl 70 is way too harsh, above 72 almost impossible, for sure impossible without group play and massive trading. The currency spent on maps is cost high enough imo, in contrary to running free bosses in nonmaps.

You already promoted group play by auras nerf, why not give some incentive for solo players as well? The possibility to keep the mappool would be great start.
Other incentives, like giving the map-bosses same bonus like act bosses have, would be good too, but we don't want to be greedy. Just the map-drop chances would be great change.

Thanks for reading

Ok I ll buy one lvl 78 map, always roll it 80% and run it forever.. Briliant idea. If game GRANTS you something, that means you ALWAYS get it. When you always get it, it becomes common and boring..

I have another briliant idea, what if merc. Dominus GRANTS Kaom Heart?? That would be awesome or wouldnt it??

"
Finnien wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:

Ok so what do you want.. One guarantee drop of the map? For example you always drop one lvl 74 map if you run lvl 74 map? Than you can run them forever and there will be no fun to search them, because you always find one. RARE stuff should stay RARE. When it becomes common, its not RARE anymore..

Rare STUFF should stay rare. CONTENT shouldn't require rare items that cost currency to play just to hope for a chance to get said rare stuff. RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG is too much damn RNG.

Applause to this.. exactly my point. Im not saying granting rare stuff... but at least giving a decent chance to actually grind for rare stuff, yes.. that's what most of us want.
If you feel happy in your world of random generator, feel free to live there alone, nikoon.
And yeah, if you really want the game of chance for map drops, okay, so be it... but with as low chances as they are set now, that's the game you can only lose. Many people are pointing at the problem of map drop chances, so maybe it's really not just right. For more, see thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/568236/

"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:

Oh yes we should buy maps to fix the broken map system , i will do so right after they implemented the Action House and The Real Money Auction house. Kappa

Please, tell me why it is broken, keep in mind that this map system is not supposed to give you an infinite 75+ map pool only by map drops

I play for 1 year and never Run never found any of the highest maps, and i am sure i know how the game works.
Really? There are people on nemesis who already have lvl 78 maps.. Did they buy it?? From who?? League exists one week.. Maybe they dont actualy whine on forums about bad RNG and just playing the damn maps and having fun??
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 6, 2013, 7:13:01 AM
"
Kamro wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:

Oh yes we should buy maps to fix the broken map system , i will do so right after they implemented the Action House and The Real Money Auction house. Kappa

Please, tell me why it is broken, keep in mind that this map system is not supposed to give you an infinite 75+ map pool only by map drops

I play for 1 year and never Run never found any of the highest maps, and i am sure i know how the game works.

If you ve been playing for 1 year and never found a high lvl map, maybe you re doing something wrong? How about educate yourself and learn how to roll maps properly.. Baker and his friends made nice guide..

If something doesnt work you should try something else..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 6, 2013, 7:11:08 AM
That's really cool, thx.
Pelerin of Wraeclast
Can we change Lunaris Level 3 back to 68 please?
"
Rawrasawr wrote:
Can we change Lunaris Level 3 back to 68 please?

Sure and botters can drop Kaom even easier.. Woohoooooo!
It's not that fact that uniques can only drop in maps, it's the maps being lvl 76+. Thats the problem. If any unique could drop in say 68, 69, or 70 maps I don't think there would be any problem with that. These maps are very easy to aquire and take little investment to roll.

And who the hell wants to find shav's anymore? It should be a hybrid armor, it's only good with low life melee builds now and the socket colors are awful for that.

I think GGG pays attention to streamers and people who play 24/7 a little too much, this game is extremely brutal for beginners. Balancing the game based on what someone who plays 10 hours a day, with a team of players, and a great deal of knowledge of game mechanics and strong builds is a bit overkill. I like that it's a hard game, but the time commitment to becoming "good" is massive.

Trying to extend the playtime of their players solely by making the game insanely time consuming is a huge mistake. Focus more on pvp and other "side game" aspects and you will have much greater player retention. Many people seem to like races, they arn't for me but ya..

I mean league of legends and DOTA were spawned from mini games in Warcraft 3. There needs to be a pvp mode that involves monsters as well, this would greatly help with balance and create a wider variety of pvp builds and roles. PvM builds made for the normal game would also be much more competitive.
ign: DaEDaenarys
Last edited by BldSwtTrs on Nov 6, 2013, 7:32:27 AM
"
nikoon wrote:
Really? There are people on nemesis who already have lvl 78 maps.. Did they buy it?? From who?? League exists one week.. Maybe they dont actualy whine on forums about bad RNG and just playing the damn maps and having fun??

Yeah i believe there are ppl who play 24/7 and have groups of similar people who spend their resources together to be able with some luck to pull that. Is that the only way this game should be playable at endgame? I think no. There should be a way for solo ppl to enjoy the endgame too. Its not how it works now. Having fun? We'd like to, but current map drop system is causing a frustration instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info