1.0.0f Patch and Data about League Distributions and Map-only Uniques

"
dspair wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Wait a second.. so you mean to tell me that the best items drop in the highest level areas?!!

makes perfect sense.

Max character level - 47.

Why these people alpha testers again?

Who knows hes a diamond supporter maybe he gets special treatment lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Wait a second.. so you mean to tell me that the best items drop in the highest level areas?!!

makes perfect sense.

According to your account, you've never even made it to endgame. I really don't see why you think your uninformed opinion matters.

You are correct, I have never made it to the "end game" on the normal client. However, that doesn't preclude me from being able to understand that the highest difficulty content = the biggest potential rewards.

Likewise, I am not a professional basketball player, but that doesn't preclude me from understanding that those who are the best at something are typically paid the most to do it.

My point? Experience in a particular matter isn't necessarily a prerequisite for understanding.

Also - please don't flaunt 'reaching the end game' as if it is this monumental achievement only obtainable through tremendous effort. It's merely a time sink, I enjoy making alts.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You don't need to group or trade to make it to high level maps. It will take longer, but is entirely feasible.

No it's not.
"
Wisdom wrote:
mapping less necessary (experience penalty changes)

That experience penalty helped even less players than get into top end maps.

Seriously, in standard there are about 100-150 people who are impacted by that change. Go look the numbers up, the ladders are there for you to see. So ignorant, seriously.
IGN
"
dspair wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

makes perfect sense.

Max character level - 47.

Why these people alpha testers again?

Alpha and beta are on two different clients. You cannot see my alpha characters. Why is my alpha tag relevant to this discussion?
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
/cries
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 6, 2013, 1:42:02 AM
Rathpith Globe: 74
Andvarius: 71
Divinarius: 71

Why?
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

. However, that doesn't preclude me from being able to understand that the highest difficulty content = the biggest potential rewards.

Also - please don't flaunt 'reaching the end game' as if it is this monumental achievement only obtainable through tremendous effort. It's merely a time sink, I enjoy making alts.

Did you miss how you said items being gated behind the highest difficulty content made sense and then pointed out how the content is not difficult anyway??

I mean, really, you just admitted you are not qualified to comment on this for gods sake. Noone is bothered by the DIFFICULTY of the content, just the fact that content is gated behind thousands and thousands of maps worth of RNG.
IGN
"
"
Wisdom wrote:
mapping less necessary (experience penalty changes)

That experience penalty helped even less players than get into top end maps.

Seriously, in standard there are about 100-150 people who are impacted by that change. Go look the numbers up, the ladders are there for you to see. So ignorant, seriously.
I specifically said there is more they can do, although clearly they have identified that there was a problem and have been making (admittedly small) changes to address it.
"
Septile wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

makes perfect sense.

That's an oversimplification.

Andvarius, for example, is not the best ring in the game. While it can have the highest rarity roll, in some instances, a fantastically rolled gold ring could be overall better even if it doesn't offer as much rarity.

Gating uniques behind maps is unimaginative, nobody complains about the best rares only being available in the highest level maps because it makes sense with how rares work.

I'll amend my original statement

Wait a second... so you mean to tell me that the best uniques drop in the highest level areas?!!

Makes perfect sense.
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info