1.0.0f Patch and Data about League Distributions and Map-only Uniques

"
Caustic2 wrote:

First off, rolling maze + champions/hordes, two SUPER easy mods, will give you a much better chance at another map drop than any other combinations of mods.

Unfortunately, the cost of constantly rolling those mods with chaos orbs, which you basically need to do to sustain 75+ maps, is 10-20 orbs per map on average in my experience. Its like exalting each map as you use it, for gods sake, and you cant get that currency without trade or a group or both. /shrug.
IGN
Last edited by MierenEronaile on Nov 6, 2013, 1:31:36 AM
"
"
Caustic2 wrote:

First off, rolling maze + champions/hordes, two SUPER easy mods, will give you a much better chance at another map drop than any other combinations of mods.

Unfortunately, the cost of constantly rolling those mods with chaos orbs, which you basically need to do to sustain 75+ maps, is 10-20 orbs per map on average in my experience. Its like exalting each map as you use it, for gods sake, and you cant get that currency without trade or a group or both. /shrug.

Most kids don't know that I just wanna point that out.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
DaveSW wrote:
Wait, are people complaining that only those that play in the highest level maps get the best uniques? Really?!

The hell is wrong with you people?!

There is a little more to it than that. If you can't see the implications here, then that's on you.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Nov 6, 2013, 1:35:37 AM
Refresh spam for the laughter.

this is better than playing the actual game lol... i mean talking inside the game *cough* *cough*

ARPG? pahaha this "game" is a social network.. whats GGG trying to do? make the next facebook?

lol there is no action in this game when you sit talking and spamming the same shit over and over to get anywhere.
Quite possibly the dumbest decision I've seen in my 16 years of playing online games. I would rather just have a boss only .5% of the playerbase could actually defeat where everyone could fight it than having the current method.

Least then its about a challenging fight where only the most skillful could win. Not herp a derp, double lottery, first you need those high lvl maps to drop then you need to hit the lottery again while farming the map.

Seriously, I don't get the MMO mentality on this game. If I want to play an MMO, I would play an MMO, not an ARPG.

Yes, this is from a player that spent 5 years playing FFXI chasing 1% droprates on once a day/once a week spawns that consisted of the endgame where only one party/alliance could fight if they outclaimed over 200 people by attacking it first.

Even that system is better than maps and that was an atrocious system.
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Wait a second.. so you mean to tell me that the best items drop in the highest level areas?!!

makes perfect sense.

Max character level - 47.

Why are these people alpha testers again?
Last edited by dspair on Nov 6, 2013, 1:44:22 AM
oh, ilv 78, so nice for those top exile,

those whom are new or in the middle just only can play the path of alt haha
IGN: cowshut
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
Wisdom wrote:
Piety runs are waaay more fun now, and it makes sense that the very best uniques are reserved to players who partake in the most dangerous and difficult content.

I find it hilarious that you think this is a good change, especially considering you don't have a single character that has actually made it to end game on your account. I'd like to see your opinion on the matter when you finally make it there, and are completely brick walled by the beyond stupid levels of difficulty that comes with sustaining a map pool above 69. Trust me when I tell you there are thousands of players that can easily handle the upper echelons of maps, but they are completely unable to access them because of bullshit RNG. Having content locked off from players based on RNG is such an absurdly stupid design. Players should be locked off from content because they aren't yet strong enough to experience it, not from fucking piss poor RNG.
It sounds like your issues are with the mapping system itself, not with the change to the unique drop table. That's a separate (although related) issue that has been debated for a while now. I think they should add some sort of system that allows a player to bypass the RNG/trading map restrictions at the cost of being less efficient in the long run. GGG has also done things to make mapping less necessary (experience penalty changes), but I think more can be done on this front too.
"
GolbezFF4 wrote:

Even that system is better than maps and that was an atrocious system.

At least that sounds like it was gated behind really fast reactions and not just having good RNG..
IGN
Well, Grim Dawn early access just came out on steam for 27 bucks, so there's always that.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info