1.0.0f Patch Notes

Some how i knew cast on damage would need work.. can any one say OP!!!

"
Kenza wrote:
"
mallow wrote:
"
Kenza wrote:
You cannot continue with this approach

They can, and they should.

A statement with no explanation does not do much for your view on this.

It's not like they spent a month of release with this gem being OP, it's been a couple weeks which is a reasonable amount of time to balance a skill outside of a beta. If this were beta, I doubt it would've been nerfed this quickly. They're doing just fine with their release schedule, and no matter how much internal/alpha testing it gets they can't generate the amount of creativity that the live game will generate, which is what caused all the insane uses of the gem to show up.

As long as they are balancing these things in a reasonable time period, I feel it's fine to do things like this. It's not like they are nerfing the skill into the ground after it being insanely OP. It was moderately imbalanced and is getting slightly toned down to compensate. Welcome to an ever-changing game, where you'll have to adapt to changes often. This isn't Diablo 3 where nothing gets changed for 6+ months at a time.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Nov 6, 2013, 3:10:59 AM
"
Fixed an extremely rare bug where too many unique items could drop from a monster outside of the Albino Rhoa Event.

What event !!!!! there is a albino monster but never heard of an event ! Are they talking about mud flat unique mob loot or albino mob loot bug!!!
Really confused about this patch note ! GGG please response !
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
Er, I'm pretty sure the 250ms cooldown is not a nerf, it's to fix some edge cases where using CoDT would cause players to die to reflect.

The defensive uses won't be at all affected by this change, as Enduring Cry, Decoy Totem and Molten Shell all have their own internal cooldowns (EC has it literally, Decoy and Shell are limited by their cast time and shield absorbtion respectively).

I highly doubt we'll see a direct nerf to the gem, despite its popularity. More likely what we'll see is its damage taken requirement will be reversed; that is to say, instead of level 1 CoDT requiring only 400 damage and level 20 requiring who knows how much, level 1 will require the huge amount while level 20 would require 400. That way people have to actually level the gem for it to be worthwhile, and it would get stronger over time as all gems are meant to.
Yeah, you screwed BM with auras rebalancing, but CWDT was some way to compensate that aura thing, also after adding so many retarded monsters (corpse eaters, evangelists with shield, those constantly jumping weirdies with arctic breath, squirrels) it allowed to take a challenge from those monsters.

Now, CWDT will be probably nerfed to the ground aka "non usable gems". So why the hell add it to the game in first place. Sorry, no brainer to know how players will use it or abuse it. And what about some balancing of monster damage to be more consistent with their level first? Fore example that retarded orchard map boss and similar...

People built some defense around that gem after auras rework, and your answer is: let's screw them! Thanks a lot
although i agree that "Cast on Damage Taken" is too powerful and almost a mandatoriy to every build, please GGG dont nerf the gem to the ground.

It's very fun to play with it and helps melee and semi-melee A LOT.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
"
CrowbarSr wrote:
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
You guys have alpha testers for a reason right?
Why implement an awesome gem into the game, then start nerfing it?

Looks like someone is mad his gem is getting nerfed.

Everyone uses it, idiot.

Which is EXACTLY why it needs to get nerfed some. Gems need to be a choice, not: If you dont use this, you are stupid.
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
"
CrowbarSr wrote:
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
You guys have alpha testers for a reason right?
Why implement an awesome gem into the game, then start nerfing it?

Looks like someone is mad his gem is getting nerfed.

Everyone uses it, idiot.

No.
IGN TylordRampage
what means a 250ms cd for the skill when you are playing with several gems?
just one will trigger or there will be a queue?
LOOOOOOL That's hillarious
I just can't belive so many people are butthurt because they can use an effect only 4!!!,
F O U R times a second.
Don't you have any real Problems?

This goes to all the whiners:
Tell me just one thing anyone of you can do 4 times a second.
Apart from clicking the f..king mouse button!

And by the way, I don't use that gem either! :-P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info