1.0.0f Patch Notes

"
schraegstrich wrote:
i have 4 lvl 80 chars...will probably stop playing if they destroy CwDt.
it was one of the coolest changes for my discharger. it was not overpowered in any way. all the crazy builds were softcore builds that would one shot themselfs on reflect/LT.
my already nerved Discharger will be useless now. ty for nothing.

Seriously?

So your build is SO reliant on one gem, that it no longer being overpowered would kill your character and cause you to stop playing altogether, throwing away over 300 combined levels of playtime in the process?

Good thing it's a free game.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:
If you QQ enough GGG will nerf it. Sad to see the game go down this path.

I mean seriously.. CoDT was just released. The fact that you have months to balance a gem and then change it right after it releases shows a lack of dev planning and organization.

This. And I'm waiting for the GGG fanboys to flock all over those against these points. The gem is very convenient. OP? I don't think so. It's like spark. MOST used it for spork but a minority may have used to for other reasons. CWDT is used for defense mostly, but I know alot of people using it with other trigger gems to do damage. I don't understand the release of stuff and it gets nerfed shortly after because of all the people butthurt its to powerful. I seriously can't build a character around something anymore in fear of if its TOO effective it will get nerfed eventually. Isn't that the point of this game? Being smart about your builds and making them as effective and fun as possible? Yes PoE is an amazing game with more passion behind it than most games in the market. This however does not excuse the immediate response to calm the haters and satiate their desire for a nerf of something that is great. (Why in an ARPG I have no feckin clue...). Done QQ. Going to enjoy it as much as I can I suppose.

I plus 1 this. You got the gem into the game, chars were built on it, leave it in the game, move on. I am seriously tired with nerf hammer fashion bashing everything into oblivion. Game =\= work.
Sometimes looking for trouble gets trouble to look for you.
If I'd have to manually cast enduring cry, molten shell and warlord's mark, I'd just quit the game.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Nov 6, 2013, 7:53:13 PM
they will probably add 50% chance to trigger with the 250ms CD on cast when damage taken.
"
shoju wrote:
"
Elitematte wrote:

I was discharge CwDT, just letting things hit me and discharge away.. ONE way to enjoy the game..

So, let me get this straight. You were using Discharge, with CwDT.

You were using some of the following
Enduring Cry (CwDT to gain charges)
Blood Rage (Because on death, that's free Frenzy Charges, to Discharge away)
The Unique that gives you Charges when other Charges are used (more charges to discharge away)

And then, as you took damage, you were discharging with CwDT?

Using two different CwDT gems, at different levels to spread out getting charges I'd assume.

And then.... Dropping curses, to help you live? Ele Weakness, Temp Chains, etc...

Did you do anything that proactively generated offense? Or was the entire build predicated around CWDT?

Because If I'm understanding what it is that you were doing correctly (based on a few videos I've seen of people spamming curses, and using CwDT to be their "offense"), I really have no idea why you would have thought that this type of playstyle would be sustained by the designers. The videos I watched were people playing multi curse, and CwDT was doing all the killing.

It was all the bonuses of Totem builds, with none of the drawbacks of trying to manage totems.

The real question is why the guy above decided to interpret the other dude's entire post ina negative way. I for one. Understood what he as doing but even if he was using cwdt in the fantastical way you put it I still would not see it as a problem in a game that wants to stay diverse and does not WANT TO CONSTRAIN users to endless hours of frustration by limiting theit approach towards the game content. Make the content limiting, not the approach. Tyvm.
Sometimes looking for trouble gets trouble to look for you.
Welp, my ST scion ended up having 30 mp after auras. Hopefully the gem will still let me use molten shell, enduring cry, and warlords curse w/o mana
I knew it! someone is just having fun in the game, comes GGG and nerf all the fun! Damn policy nerf! Holy shit! My tip is: if you found a build OP or Linked some gems so OP, never disclose! Keep it for you because surely GGG will nerf! am i lying? Just look for the latest updates. I'll refresh memory you all. CI build lost HIGHER than 50% of ES; nerf in ES in general, spork totem build was devastated; Kripp's discharge build are broke; impossibility to keep over two aureas except for builds targeted for this purpose and now the gem cast on teken damage and more to come! Shameful! if I find something in the game OP, I will never divulge to not be NERFED by GGG.
Last edited by jeanpain on Nov 6, 2013, 10:13:56 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.0f
  • Added a 250ms cooldown to Cast on Damage Taken. There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1.
  • Fixed an extremely rare bug where too many unique items could drop from a monster outside of the Albino Rhoa Event.
  • The limit of guild membership is now 250 (up from 200).
  • Guild Stash Tabs now have all permissions turned on for everyone in the guild by default. If the leader wants to restrict them, this can be done by right clicking on the tab. Previously they were fully restricted by default.
  • Fixed the One of a Kind achievement not counting some item slots correctly.
  • Fixed an issue with the Blood of Karui unique item and interactions with other life recovery stats.
  • Fixed a crash which sometimes occurred when logging out after talking to an NPC.
  • Fixed an instance crash with Spectral Throw.
  • Fixed some issues with the Headhunter unique item and kill assignment.
"
schraegstrich wrote:
"
shoju wrote:
"
SentryKing wrote:

The real question is why did the devs not have the foresight to see this being a problem. I don't feel like re-rolling everytime someone outside of the devs discovers this amazing op skill/support.

This isn't Beta anymore.

Yes, because no game, ever, rebalances skills because the community found ways to use them in situations that got past people....

Clearly.

/eyeroll, and lots of sarcasm should be used when reading the above.

Now, lets get serious.

This is the first ARPG I've ever played. I came to this game, after a year of being "out" of online games. I had burnt out in WoW, and just couldn't take it anymore.

Let's use WoW as an example. a MUCH LARGER dev / playtest team goes through that game, and works through all types of iterations of new skills, new abilities, new talents, armor set bonuses, and yet.... There are well documented cases of things being BROKEN after it was released, because that one guy, did that one thing, that allowed them to do something, that the team of developers didn't intend to be done.

Case in point:

Mage who used spellsteal to go to town in Naxxramas and solo the 25 man version of the raid, because a spell on a monster was capable of being stolen, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, while not resetting / checking the values associated with the player character. It instead kept the values in place from the monster it was spell stolen from.

It happens. Getting bent out of shape, because something is broken, and using excuses like "Well, they should have known!" works in a vacuum, but not in real life, practical applications.

It's going to get changed. It should get changed.

No gem should be an absolute no brainer for people to use, regardless of their spec / class / design.
No gem should be the basis of a build that allows you to kill things, merely by walking around and letting them hit you, no matter if it was released that way or not.

You're right. It isn't Beta. If this were Beta, they could easily take a month or more to work through what they need to change, let it go as is, and then fix it, completely, and totally, all at once.

This isn't just a nerf to those who felt that this was a "free pass" to awesome damage.
This is also a buff to people who use it in a way that could have created an infinite loop, resulting in the death of their character.

This is a reasonable change. It's not the end of the world. Getting bent out of shape about it is silly, and if you built your entire character around the premise of getting this gem, and abusing it, you deserve to have the character sit there, useless, because you came up with a creative use of game mechanics that wasn't intended, and is being corrected.

TL;DR?

Stop being lazy and read it.

And I totally agree with Shoju.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
kolton wrote:
"
vanisimo wrote:
Nice. But when do we have to expect the fix of auras running with blood magic items like Malachai's or Covenant?

That exploit has been rendered almost useless. Any time you change area you'll have to redo your auras with blood magic item(s).

I know that I need to recast them everytime I change the location. Therefore i'm asking if GGG is planing to do smth with it. So my question is, will it be fixed in the future or is it normal behavior since release? And the second question is, in case that this behaviour is normal, why did you GGG do that? It was working OK before release and now it's so fu... annoying to recast auras everytime.

Sorry for my english, not my native.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info