1.0.0f Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:

[li]Added a 250ms cooldown to Cast on Damage Taken. There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1.[/li]

Wow, stop complaining guy, Qarl didn't mention a nerf but change. The fact that you jumped to the conclusion this gem will be nerfed into oblivion is a good indicator you know it is currently too strong. This will probably be a simple rebalance preventing overpowered insane combo. The only thing you may acomplish be whining that much is to demoralize the dev.

Think about it a little, they make an awesome game, make it free, don't add a pay2win economic model, listen to their player comunity, promise to add new content every 2 week and every little nerf they to to balance their game they get complain and hate message. What the hell is wrong with you.

---

Keep up the good work, I want to see this game get new content for the next 10 years!
Last edited by Erikulum on Nov 6, 2013, 5:20:02 AM
"
Pniz wrote:
Not only the quicksilvers

EVERY extra effect on my Flasks

extra armor/ev
extra movement speed
curse immunity

etc

IS NOT WORKING

Thats kind of a huge problem (especially the curse immunity) that might kill quite a few people if not fixed.

Ouch :o
IGN Warbands: Amphia
I cant log in even tho i updated the game through steam like 4 times now. it still says "i need to update the game"
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
Mythicpoe wrote:

Everyone uses it, idiot.

That's a good reason to nerf it.

Thats not a good reason to nerf it.
Everyone is skilling lifenodes/ESnodes to survive. Everyone is using granites.
Everyone is using quicksilvers. All life users are using health flasks.
Everyone is using atleast 1 curse. Everyone uses atleast 1 aura.

There are so many things in this game that are mandatory.
Nerfing something because it is too popular is bad design.
The only reason why everyone is using Codt is because there is no alternative left right now for these empty slots.
Earlier you had filled up all these sockets with auras -> Auras were nerfed to the ground.
Now codt is filling up these sockets.
Imagine if auras had not been changed. You would have to make a meaningful decision:
either you take 7 auras, or you take 4 auras + 4 linked codt. There would have been choice.

GGG´s problem is that they dont understand how to create meaningful choice options for the remaining sockets in your gear. (besides the main attack).
Even if they nerf codt into the ground, it will still be the only gem that is going to be used in those sockets in the current skillgem meta. Will they nerf it even further then?
You create diversity by having several alternatives to choose from, limiting auras to 1/2 auras per person and buffing them so hard means that this choice is being made for you from the game itself: it forces you take exactly 1-2 auras.
After those 2 auras, you still have sockets left, which you fill up with the only other alternative right now: codt.

What they should actually be doing, is to change how the other trigger gems work in order to create other viable alternatives.
A good first step would be to change how these gems work in order to only require 2 gem slots to function instead of 3.
Cast on melee kill needs 1 socket for the ComK, 1 socket for the spell that is supposed to trigger, and 1 socket for the main attack. Thats 3 sockets just to make the skill work.
Codt only needs 2 sockets to make the skill work. Codt and the spell that is supposed to trigger.

All the other triggergems require 3 sockets to function, while the codt only requires 2 sockets to function.
This means that it will always be the superior choice, regardless of their effect.
GGG should either change it so that codt also requires 3 sockets, or that all the other triggergems also only require 2 sockets to function.
I think the smarter solution is to decrease the amount of sockets needed for the triggergems to function down to 2 across the board.
At 3 i cant really think of much diversity, which is why the other triggergems are not being used at all right now.

Codt´s popularity stems from the fact that there is no viable alternative for these vacant sockets right now, because auras were limited (which was previously the vacant socket filler).
Its not being used because its so powerful, its being used because there is no other option.
Nerf it to the ground and it is still gonna be used.
Wake up GGG, do the correct thing for once.
Last edited by gh0un on Nov 6, 2013, 5:21:24 AM
i must say kill monsters now have less happiness and hopeness with itemlever of good unique lifted up,
little by little ,lose interest in this game ,just more and more like the rubbish--Diablo 3 ,nerf come ,AFKers come
"
I cant log in even tho i updated the game through steam like 4 times now. it still says "i need to update the game"

I got the same problem. I run the game through Steam. It has updated the game several times now, but when I start the game it says 1.0.0e in the lower right corner of the login screen. If I try to login the game tells me that I need to restart the game and download the newest patch. Any help how to fix this?
Forever a noob
Last edited by VonHannister on Nov 6, 2013, 5:43:25 AM
The cooldown was a required change...I was thinking somewhere along the lines of half a second instead of a quarter second.

Hopefully, they release a new trigger next week for blocking or damage absorbed. No triggers out there work well for my build since I take no damage from the majority of mobs.
Does the cast when damage taken cooldown apply individually for each copy of that gem you have equipped, or does it prevent other ones from activating as well?
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Guild Stash Tabs now have all permissions turned on for everyone in the guild by default. If the leader wants to restrict them, this can be done by right clicking on the tab. Previously they were fully restricted by default.

Um, is this going to be retroactive? If it is, can you make it not? Otherwise I'm legally obliged to steal all the high-end stuff from my guild right after the patch hits.

I agree, i hope it's only new stashes as i am sure that all legenadaries in officer stashes find new owners if not.
Can we stop crying out the cast on damage taken gem and actually get this flask problem fixed please?
srdy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info