Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Ninja3 wrote:
Garena servers are bad. They might ruin this game with real money transactions

"
Sad to say, if one day Garena pressure an IP restriction on POE, I may have to quit this game.

I'm with him

Chris mentioned that they will not undertake such steps.

The whole co-operation is likely confounded with Steam restricting the game for Asian countries.
They take regional laws pretty serious, probably also forced to take it serious. ;)

I am eager to know what publisher will be chosen for East Europe.

Doesn't stop them from striking their own deals with local ISPs. You don't know how sketchy it is here.
I'm glad that you are expanding,however i have a few questions will new players be able to play in the worldwide realm? or only existing player? I would hate to restart all over just to be able to play with my friends
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
ITT: People who didn't know the difference between Asia and Southeast Asia.

Not a language/content localization issue; Singapore official language is English, majority of Malaysian are capable of speaking English.

They said they won't be restricting access, but will they keep the Singapore gateway up?

That said, current players outside of those 2 countries (Singapore, Malaysia) wouldn't feel any effect (for those screaming RMT, no, some RMT companies might even move over to the Garena server so that's actually a plus), and I doubt even those from that 2 countries would go to the Garena server at all, considering their reputation around there.
This seems like a dubious move on GGG part. Wouldnt it separate the player base. Who would wanna play on Garena server when we have a perfectly fine Singapore server?

On that note, please do not shutdown the Singapore gateway. I do not want to play under Garena who cant even make a proper patch file for league of legends last I tried out their client.
What if garena makes poe a p2w game?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Careful guys... look at what happened to Sacred 2.

What happened to Sacred 2?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
As an American Soldier stationed in South Korea, I really hope that this won't affect the way I currently access PoE. I use the Singapore gateway and have been almost perfectly happy with its performance so far. Will the Singapore server be taken down, or will I have to deal with increased (and maybe unplayable) latency to the Americas / European gateways to continue to play my existing characters on the worldwide realm?
YEAH!! come on ! southeast asia is waiting for you too long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clearly a desperation move to prop up a dying game.

/sarcasm

Way to grow, GGG! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info