Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

rest in peace cheap currency ratios
Bad idea as said :(
Oh, gee, I wonder what happened to the "We will never go with any kind of publisher, we don't want our game stolen from us." statement from few years back.
ProjectPT was right.
I don't understand why so many people are worried about playerbase seperation. D2 has been successful for over 10 years and they seperate the U.S. itself in to two regions. This was never a problem for me or any of my friends. If D2 decided to completely segregate the Asia server and make all the character models look like Sailor Moon farting pink bubbles out of their butt, I could care less, because I play East and West.

Same goes for POE. You can already use your characters on any of the current POE realms without starting over.

If anything this is great news for us since they should have more income and can continue to improve on the game and current POE servers.
Last edited by Azurafox on Nov 5, 2013, 6:59:57 AM
"
Azurafox wrote:
Doesn't affect me.

Nice reasoning.
I'm hoping that this doe's not mean the closure of the Singapore Gateway. I am 1 of the not so large population that live in Asia and for 1 don't want to be forced out to a community that is not my natural language.

Also how is this going to effect what league's and things they offer are they going to be a totally seperate entity from GGG thus having the right to run there own events. And modify things to there liking ?
I have seen a few games like this that operate in this way but it is usually conversion from Asian to Western.

It didn't bode well for some of the game. 1 in particular i remember was Legend of Mir.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
As a Singaporean player, as long as I can continue playing on the current GGG SG gateway I'd be happy.

I haven't had experience with Garena, but I have grown to be accustomed to the quick patch/maintenance downtime GGG has provided and the general stability of the game. I'm not sure if any other company would be able to provide the same level of service as GGG has.
"
Azurafox wrote:
I don't understand why so many people are worried about playerbase seperation.

"
Chris wrote:
This new server is a separate realm to the existing worldwide Path of Exile realm.

Sounds like its going to be completely separate, separate realms as opposed to gateways, GGG correct me if I'm wrong

Which is only a step away from being tweaked in disturbing ways, as is generally the case for all MMOs in the Asian region (and why my friends have weird systems in place so they can play Korean/Japanese/International servers for..all except one MMO if I remember correctly).

And Garena doesn't exactly have a good track record.. at all.

Even if it doesn't go that far, and Chris certainly seems convinced it won't (optimistically, I hope so) It seems like there will definitely be some kind of segregation between the realms. For English-speakers (Sg/Malays) this just sucks. For countries where English isn't so strong (Thailand for me) English-speakers are double fucked as they can only play with one group of friends (and my Thai sucks so thats decided for me)
EDIT: or waste a bit of time to level separate characters I suppose, a weird little system of my own to get around the inconveniences of the system I guess

Language issues can be handled quite easily by either the community itself or perhaps a separate opt-in Language Chat of some sort. Cultural Tweaks is usually 90% corporate pandering bullshit.

Disheartening the more I think about it.. hope GGG brings out some reassuring news after this..
Last edited by AiSard on Nov 5, 2013, 7:24:35 AM
If you don't IP block I fail to see where the problem is e_e

Nice news, seriously
This will be unplayable to most(if not all) globelines users in the PH.

totally Bad News for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info