Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

What cultural tweaking does this part of Asia require that the rest of the world doesn't?
As a singaporean here, I am not very sure if Garena servers will be as good. The player base isnt as good. I have also played D2 on USwest years ago instead of Asia servers.

As long as GGG/Garena does not impose IP lock or region lock on us, I'm fine. And I speak for many of my friends. Most Singapore players can communicate in English perfectly. There is no need for any localization or contextualization of sorts.

Sad to say, if one day Garena pressure an IP restriction on POE, I may have to quit this game.
Garena servers are bad. They might ruin this game with real money transactions

"
Sad to say, if one day Garena pressure an IP restriction on POE, I may have to quit this game.

I'm with him
This is genuinely a bad decision. While getting a publisher for the Asian region is not a bad idea in itself, choosing Garena to do the job is the worst possible thing you could do(after Nexon). They simply have no regard for keeping the values of the original publisher/creator and have time and time again shown that they simply do not care for their players. I can genuinely say that I'm glad that I'm not a PoE player in Asia right now.

Seriously, Chris, rethink this and either get a publisher that can do their job correctly or do it yourselves. Learn from the lesson LoL and other big games have been smacked in the face with.
"%^#*##*%$#&^&(&(%$^*&" - Flameblast 1.0.4
Grats GGG POE WAS/IS and WILL be THE BEST GAME EVER!!!
"
easymagicoz wrote:
Learn from the lesson LoL and other big games have been smacked in the face with.
I think they did learn a lesson from what happened with LoL and HoN, which is probably why there will be no IP blocks.
This is the best news I've heard ever in Path of Exile. I am really happy for all Eastern Asian players who now will have their own personal servers to play on. Great news.
Last edited by andinuad on Nov 5, 2013, 5:01:18 AM
"
andinuad wrote:
This is the best news I've heard ever in Path of Exile. I am really happy for all Eastern Asian players who now will have their own personal servers to play on. Great news.

Hi Garena admin!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
LAG INCOMING /OOS
"
Ninja3 wrote:
Garena servers are bad. They might ruin this game with real money transactions

"

I'm with him

Chris mentioned that they will not undertake such steps.

The whole co-operation is likely confounded with Steam restricting the game for Asian countries.
They take regional laws pretty serious, probably also forced to take it serious. ;)

I am eager to know what publisher will be chosen for East Europe.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Nov 5, 2013, 5:23:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info