Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

oh no! not Garena, garena just looks great because they handle a lot of games but they actually suck. Take LoL as an example the pathes in garena are so late behind from NA server and EU server and there is no tribunal in garena LoL server to handle toxic player, and so many other things like garena doesnt even care and only wants the money from player. And now im worried whether i can play with my mac when garena publish PoE. Im malaysian playing in singapore server hoping Garena will handle PoE properly
someone from philippines here, dropping by to voice that that i also dont agree with garena as the choice for local publishing. posters before me have already pointed out the obvious reasons, and i for one already fear for the essence of our ethical microtransaction. server stability + greed = death for so many games in the SEA region guys. please reconsider or at least watch more carefuly and read the fine print of this garena agreement
IGN: anyare_pre (Standard league)

IGN: buns_of_steelz (One month race)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT GARENA!!!!!!!!!
"
boof wrote:
What cultural tweaking does this part of Asia require that the rest of the world doesn't?

Lolis.
I'm from SEA and I really disagree with this.
First GGG did very well for providing a gateway for SEA like Singapore gateway.
POE should not separate any server like this, It should all be one server but just separate gateway like you do now even need more improvement on desync and ping spike from SEA.
And please don't let Garena handle this game, Sure POE for SEA would be a bad impression for all new SEA player.
I hope you guys at GGG did your research and know what you are doing and how it will affect the game in the long run.

For one it seems like a good way to expose PoE to millions of players in Asia, which will mean more $$$ for GGG, more acts, art, polish, etc.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
I am from China and it is happy for me to see new server near our region. But does that mean a fully separated realm which is managed by the third party? I think I will stick with the global one if so.

It is meaningless to become a king in a less populated and "civilized" world IMO.
and will they release patch with the same step? will they run their own micro shop?

and will we see a server full of foreign words while Korean refuse to play with Chinese, Chinese hate to party with Japanese?

Careful, GGG.
The last game I played that got excited about region servers and publishing like this was City of Steam. While some of it could be because they changed the game drastically between beta and release, CoS isn't doing very well anymore, and some regions are just not updated as much as others.
Last edited by Aklyon on Nov 5, 2013, 9:10:20 AM
I wish you guys everything good in developing PoE. Before this game I played Last Chaos on German servers and they were pissing off whole community twice a month. It's extremly pay to win game but with paying real money you get nothing back. PoE is example of MMO which I wish all MMO should look like this. When I see bug I look at forum and someone is trying to deal with it. In LC bugs were always and every patch make more of them and worse. Moreover admins just wrote that they are trying to fix it but when you wait 4 years for fixes it becomes mockery. Here everything is better, game is harder and gives more rewards. No exp boosters for real money no drop boosters etc. gives me feeling that every player is equal to each other and same important to GGG. Don't screw it and $$$ will come.
"
idalejan wrote:
This is actually sad...

here in the Philippines Garena sucks big time... League of legends servers are the worst. Milking the players money through skins while not upgrading the serves. I just hope they don't desecrate Path of Exile.

If you read this Chris I hope they don't screw path of exile. I'm a really big fan of the game.

I'm not going to say I know how the Garena servers are (I only briefly tried to use them while in Hong Kong) but "milking" players of their money from skins is a bit ridiculous. You understand that no one actually has to buy skins right? I played league of legends for a while two years ago and didn't spend a cent on it, don't understand why it would be any different now
IGN: DreeeemCrusher (ambush)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info