1.0.0e Patch Notes and Bandit Quest Respec

I think it's important to strike a balance between "choices should be meaningful" and "if you REALLY want to change, you should be able to". Just like I thought orbs of regret were a great idea, I also think this is great news. But respeccing shouldn't be too easy.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Anyone who is whining about the Rewards are just full of themselves wannabe "elitists." Bandit Respec is necessary, since they've completely changed the Bandit Passives and even how some of them work, as well as the tree. A choice once, could be bad now, and not because of the players "poor choices", but because of the game changing around them. Penalizing the player for something GGG has promised would come for ages, is what's stupid.

Patch notes here say that 2 of the 12 possible rewards changed in June. Does anyone know what they were before?

"Cruel bandit quest rewards: changed to 18% Physical Damage for Oak and 8% Attack Speed for Kraityn."

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_0.11.0

I'd be interested to see if these changes were really "build-breaking" or if (as I suspect) people took something like the +life bonus and then changed into Chaos Inoculation without sufficient forethought, and now they feel "gimped". Well, sorry - but that's your own fault.
[Hardcore] Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
-------------------------
Skill Resets are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent.
Last edited by Miszou on Oct 30, 2013, 1:25:31 PM
make the bandit respec cost 4 exalt to appease pseudo-elitists.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
bandit respec. me like.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Synner wrote:
Not happy about the respec option. In a game thats supposed to be about meaningful choices this is just softening the game more.

completely absurd. there have been so many retroactive changes to the rewards themselves, nerfs and buffs to skills and passives that it is absolutely silly to force bandit quest reward as a permanent choice.

ab·surd
əbˈsərd,-ˈzərd/
adjective
adjective: absurd; comparative adjective: absurder; superlative adjective: absurdest

(of an idea or suggestion) wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.

Which part was that?

If nothing is permanent then why make any choices? Just throw points at the skill tree and respec later? Are you that attached to a character that a single, or even 3 choices make that big of a difference?

*Edit* YES, this is coming from a HC point of view. If I die, I remake, not spam the forum for a change to game play.
SOTWGUILD.COM
Last edited by Synner on Oct 30, 2013, 2:14:43 PM
Permanent choices would be fine if GGG stopped or significantly scaled backed changing stuff every major patch (Yes, I'm overstating). POE is not in beta anymore. Stability is needed.
Those of you whining about bandit respecs are pathetic. Some of us have characters that older than your accounts, and have more playtime than all of your characters combined. For players like me this comes as great news.

This means that everyone will be able to tweak their build according to the Cruel difficulty bandit changes mentioned throughout this thread. Yes the rewards HAVE been changed since closed beta. In example, Oak granting 18% multiplicative physical damage rather than just eight or ten percent. Or Kraityn offering two-to-four more increased attack speed. Bottom line is the values were much lower at one point in time.

Is this game-making or game-breaking? DERP, not in the slightest. But it allows the players who have dedicated serious time and effort to this game (since closed beta) the choice to better min/max their oldest characters from the open beta and, correct me if I'm mistaken, but the point of this game is mostly about min/maxing your builds.

Still crying about bandit respecs? Go whine to the world first 100's, HvR & Baker. I bet they'll listen.
RIP squid summoners.
Many regrets? One bandit reward is equivalent to one passive point in my humble opinion; getting a passive point is one of the choices after all.

So why a difficult vendor recipe?
gg
IGN@ HuckMcAmp
Not sure about the Bandits Quest Respec, but as long as you keep it REALLY REALLY hard to respec, then it's fine.

GGG, keep choices that matter, when we can respec everything, feeling of accomplishment and that each choice is very important just vanish and those are what makes building a character fun. I say too bad for people who don't take the time to think about their character build, and IF they just changed strategy, well either they reroll or they do the REALLY REALLY hard thing to respec.

Respect. (Pun intended)
Last edited by Merry_Blind on Oct 30, 2013, 2:32:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info