1.0.0e Patch Notes and Bandit Quest Respec

Bandit respec = worst idea ever.

Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions? Why don't GGG just add manual save points, so players can save-scum their orb rolls until they get what they want?

If your build is so fragile that the bandit quests will make or break it, then I don't know what to say.

And if you've respecced so heavily that your melee guy is now a caster, so you'd prefer to have the mana over the life bonus (for example), then you don't even have the same character any more. You should have rerolled, not abused the respec to change to something completely different.

Like my sig says, "respecs are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent", and if you need to respec everything right down to the bandit quests, you should either reroll, step back and examine the terrible "decisions" that brought you to this point, or go play a game with no consequences - if you can find one.
[Hardcore] Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
-------------------------
Skill Resets are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent.
Last edited by Miszou on Oct 30, 2013, 12:18:37 PM
Here to confirm it, I don't DC as much as I used to. Dominus worked perfectly, thanks GGG!
Respec OP
@Sojournpoe
First of all - awesome, love to hear about respecing bandit quests, but i have one problem with it... we get respec points throughout the game, so we don't have to use orbs of regret if we want to make a small change, why don't we get one chance to respec bandit quests or something? i know there is only 3 possible things to respec and one free is relatively big, but still, i feel like it'd be good to have one for free.
What about renaming characters? I have a few characters named after their builds, but now, after release i wanted to rename them and build into something completely different (i know it's my fault that i named them like that). I'd be ok paying a few points for it, i just feel like that'd be a useful feature, and i believe it was kinda promised a very long time ago.
"
Pchel666 wrote:
What about renaming characters?

Try emailing support and ask them to change the character name?
Not happy about the respec option. In a game thats supposed to be about meaningful choices this is just softening the game more.
SOTWGUILD.COM
"
Synner wrote:
Not happy about the respec option. In a game thats supposed to be about meaningful choices this is just softening the game more.

Exactly.

It's hardly the "unforgiving continent of Wraeclast" if none of your choices matter, and you get free do-overs for every little thing.

[Hardcore] Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
-------------------------
Skill Resets are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent.
"
Synner wrote:

completely absurd. there have been so many retroactive changes to the rewards themselves, nerfs and buffs to skills and passives that it is absolutely silly to force bandit quest reward as a permanent choice.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Because most of these rewards choice are not very unique.
Why don't just make bandit quest reward standardizing?
1 passive point in each difficulty, and additional 1 max charge in merciless.
We can choose to help whichever we want, reward could be the same.
IGN: ShockGunCombo ;(Sorry for my bad English)
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Synner wrote:

completely absurd. there have been so many retroactive changes to the rewards themselves, nerfs and buffs to skills and passives that it is absolutely silly to force bandit quest reward as a permanent choice.

This. A million times this!

Anyone who is whining about the Rewards are just full of themselves wannabe "elitists." Bandit Respec is necessary, since they've completely changed the Bandit Passives and even how some of them work, as well as the tree. A choice once, could be bad now, and not because of the players "poor choices", but because of the game changing around them. Penalizing the player for something GGG has promised would come for ages, is what's stupid.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info