1.0.0e Patch Notes and Bandit Quest Respec

Spoiler
TheShortestPath, Miszou, and Synner

While your input is much appreciated, I can't help but notice most of you are from the same guild. Furthermore, not one of you has a character that is 70+ Hardcore OR Soft. Birds of a feather, I guess.

You may consider putting more effort into your multitudes of forum posts, and your giant opinions that are apparently detrimental to this game's continued success.
RIP squid summoners.
"
dandan88 wrote:
Boo to bandits, don't give up on your morals GGG..... Hardcore not carebear.

The problem with all the statements like this is ... Those people who have level 100's and have been playing since OB started can't be considered non-Hardcore for wanting a respec on their bandits. Not only has the game itself changed drastically since then, but the bandit rewards themselves have changed quite a bit.

I couldn't understand if someone miclicked their quest (idk how you could but I know people that have done it) then cried they want a respec. But if you chose the correct thing 8 months ago and then they changed the rewards on you so now your original choice was sub-optimal ... well that's not your fault and you should be compensated.

Also, good to hear about the bug fixes. Some of those were a real pita!
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
"
amero2 wrote:
Spoiler

While your input is much appreciated, I can't help but notice most of you are from the same guild. Furthermore, not one of you has a character that is 70+ Hardcore OR Soft. Birds of a feather, I guess.

You may consider putting more effort into your multitudes of forum posts, and your giant opinions that are apparently detrimental to this game's continued success.

Your exactly right my highest is 38 atm, just beat normal Dominus thanks. Its been what, a week? Kinda soon for my ladder climb. I tend to delete my toons as the new leagues start. I did have a few on the last Onslaught ladder and will again. My highest ever was 72nd level.

My multitude of forum post total about 300...in almost 3 years.

I cant help but notice that you or anyone could just reroll instead of begging for a respec like a spoiled child wayyyy too used to getting his way. Birds of a feather, I guess.

My "giant" opinions are OK if they agree with you though right? Lastly I think PoE continued success will be achieved by being different than the other games (no respec, hardcore style, unforgiving etc) NOT by being the same.
SOTWGUILD.COM
Last edited by Synner on Oct 30, 2013, 5:21:01 PM
"
Synner wrote:
"
amero2 wrote:
Spoiler

Your exactly right my highest is 38 atm, just beat normal Dominus thanks. Its been what, a week? Kinda soon for my ladder climb. I tend to delete my toons as the new leagues start. I did have a few on the last Onslaught ladder and will again. My highest ever was 72nd level.

I cant help but notice that you or anyone could just reroll instead of begging for a respec like a spoiled child wayyyy too used to getting his way. Birds of a feather, I guess.

I see no more effort was given. I also apologize if your feelings were hurt by my post. Congratulations on deleting your hall of fame! If you look at my character selection you might notice I've rerolled more times than you've deleted characters. I would also refrain from insulting strangers.
RIP squid summoners.
"
amero2 wrote:
Spoiler

Yeah, Synner pretty much said everything already, but I'd just like to add a few points.

Firstly, and most obviously, this is the second post of yours that has attacked peoples credentials rather than attacking the actual argument. This is known as an ad hominem fallacy and doesn't actually further your own argument at all. Oh, and you might want to check up on a few of your assertions, such as my join date and character levels, before you attempt another logical fallacy.

And yes, we're from the same guild. A guild that happens to play nothing but hardcore modes in games for that last ~6 years (and longer than that individually). So, before you start telling us our opinions aren't worth shit, you might want to back up that Ad Hominem of yours and look again.

[Hardcore] Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
-------------------------
Skill Resets are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent.
This is amazing!!

I am very much excite. So good. Thank you.
~ Seph
"
Juggla1570 wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:
Boo to bandits, don't give up on your morals GGG..... Hardcore not carebear.

The problem with all the statements like this is ... Those people who have level 100's and have been playing since OB started can't be considered non-Hardcore for wanting a respec on their bandits. Not only has the game itself changed drastically since then, but the bandit rewards themselves have changed quite a bit.

I couldn't understand if someone miclicked their quest (idk how you could but I know people that have done it) then cried they want a respec. But if you chose the correct thing 8 months ago and then they changed the rewards on you so now your original choice was sub-optimal ... well that's not your fault and you should be compensated.

Also, good to hear about the bug fixes. Some of those were a real pita!

What I find concerning is that people apparently equate Hardcore with "never ever tweak your character" rather than "take on difficult challenges". It's funny how people are ranting about Bandit respecs making the game "soft & carebear"... while not saying a peep about the actual nerfs (reduced Caliga Imperatrix damage, reduced Devourer numbers & damage) that make the game easier for everyone. This implies they don't want to make the game harder for everyone, they just want to make the game harder for people who don't have perfect builds or several dozen hours of free time to relevel characters.

Personally, I think the true Hardcore response should be "Bandit respec potions? Fine, fine... I'm more concerned about making the endgame more challenging, though."
"
amero2 wrote:
"
Synner wrote:
"
amero2 wrote:
Spoiler

I see no more effort was given. I also apologize if your feelings were hurt by my post. Congratulations on deleting your hall of fame! If you look at my character selection you might notice I've rerolled more times than you've deleted characters. I would also refrain from insulting strangers.

My feelings weren't hurt, my brain was by your lack of reason.

Deleting my hall of fame? Now your just lying or ...uninformed. Try looking again.

I see you have a HC toon or two, good on you. I dont remember insulting anyone but if it will help we can have a beer, go out for a bite to eat and then I can insult you. Better?
SOTWGUILD.COM
"
amero2 wrote:
I can't help but notice most of you are from the same guild. Furthermore, not one of you has a character that is 70+ Hardcore OR Soft. Birds of a feather, I guess.

im in same guild and happen to have HC toon over 70 but that is neither here nor there since HC is a dumping ground for the 4 month leagues we prefer to play in.

now my actual point is i dont give a flying fuck if they put in bandit respeccs because I plan my builds and would never need to use it. That being said my esteemed guildies are correct when they say this is a very, very, minor issue that has no real need.

i absolutely guarantee the day the recipe is released to respecc the reward...a thread will be created asking the recipe to be easier. THAT is why we grumble, its resisting the slow creep to full respeccs that is what most who beg for bandit respeccs really want.

i dont think this new feature does any harm or good to the game so i dont care, but its just one more baby step to the game being less about choices and more about how to undo your choices when you change your mind.
~SotW HC Guild~

So basically re rolling a new character will still be the best way to respec. Ah the illusion of choice.
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info