PvP Feedback

"
Sadat wrote:

you are talking about same level all the time. i dont know which sarn you join but usually it is 1-3 "pvp builds" and a bunch of "pve builds". So the majority is at the "same level". what you describe is a sarn that has 8 pvp builds and one lost soul that is trying to get a leo daily done. That is not the reality.

Are you serious? Most pvp build in sarn during 180 sec are pve players lol. It is a lie to say most build are same there. We also know "pros" trying to have fun and take heads (not give) LOVE to go in 180 sec leo because it is full of noobs to bully. MAny time I see sarn empty, then when 180 sec and noobs are inside suddenly some afk killers enter the show haha.

Problem with players like you is you got the big expensive guns and find fun to afk kill.

Well it is not only immature but also very weak minded.

When noobs write in sarn "please don t kill me I do 180 leo" you should know most fuckers there are same waiting for leo.

There is no glory killing weak ass players, so spare us the bad boy attitude because it show the invers.

Imo we all know sarn is to fwap around so let the noobs alone .

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 29, 2016, 4:29:02 PM
"
Sadat wrote:
wrong(...)

I am not saying it is your intention, I am saying this is what it looks like from the point of view of people you decide to hunt down.

"
Sadat wrote:
you are talking about same level all the time. i dont know which sarn you join but usually it is 1-3 "pvp builds" and a bunch of "pve builds". So the majority is at the "same level". what you describe is a sarn that has 8 pvp builds and one lost soul that is trying to get a leo daily done. That is not the reality.

1) I describe a Sarn Arena with vastly different characters. It's not just "PvP" vs "PvE". It's a vast scale of different character power levels.
2) There doesn't need to be huge amounts of very strong characters to make Sarn a terrible place. Pamela showed that a single top-tier build willing to hunt down everyone was sufficient to block the daily for almost all players in the Sarn Arena.
3) It certainly isn't a good thing that the best choice for a Leo daily would be to go to the Sarn Arena and avoid fights at all costs, even for kill quests (in which case you'll only attack the guys you're trading the quest with).

I'd like to add that more and more players tend to instantly leave 1vs1 dailies before the fight even begins. Even though I am usually more than willing to make sure they get their daily too.
Players seem to become less willing to attempt things in PvP. I think this shows how painful this content is to many players.
"

1) I describe a Sarn Arena with vastly different characters. It's not just "PvP" vs "PvE". It's a vast scale of different character power levels.
2) There doesn't need to be huge amounts of very strong characters to make Sarn a terrible place. Pamela showed that a single top-tier build willing to hunt down everyone was sufficient to block the daily for almost all players in the Sarn Arena.
3) It certainly isn't a good thing that the best choice for a Leo daily would be to go to the Sarn Arena and avoid fights at all costs, even for kill quests (in which case you'll only attack the guys you're trading the quest with).

1) join a sarn arena that lasted for more than 1 hour and type /ladder
Mostly you will see top 3 with outstanding k/d ratio and rest with even k/d ratio. There are less char power levels than you believe

2) and here i have to repeat again that its a quest, not a gift. You can not join a pvp quest with an objective to SURVIVE 180s and expect it to happen by default (= put your char into corner and go smoke a cigarette).

3) and that is exactly what i see an issue. Moreover, You are trying to shame and name people that join pvp quests and do pvp and defending people that do the opposite of the quest objective. This is ridiculous.

If i join a sarn arena and see 12 people inside i just attack everyone. I will not pay attention who i can attack, who i can not and who i can attack only with a worse bow. That is bullshit.

I think the problem is that people got used that they can complete leo dailies without any serious effort and now expecting exactly this. And once it doesnt wrk that way because there is occassionaly someone who is actually going for pvp they throw insults and try to make him look as a bad griefer.

Tldr: the dogs are barking but the caravan moves on
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
"
Sadat wrote:
1) join a sarn arena that lasted for more than 1 hour and type /ladder
Mostly you will see top 3 with outstanding k/d ratio and rest with even k/d ratio. There are less char power levels than you believe

I am glad to see that there are more kills than deaths in Sarn. :-P
Aren't you missing a part of the population there?

"
Sadat wrote:
2) and here i have to repeat again that its a quest, not a gift. You can not join a pvp quest with an objective to SURVIVE 180s and expect it to happen by default (= put your char into corner and go smoke a cigarette).

Get the players opponents of their power level and they'll probably be happy to be active for the quest, rather than go smoke a cigarette.
I personally occasionally do the quests properly, when I don't feel surrounded by overpowered characters.
By the way, the best way to complete the 180s quest without losing your mind is to go do something else for a notable amount of time.

"
Sadat wrote:
3) and that is exactly what i see an issue. Moreover, You are trying to shame and name people that join pvp quests and do pvp and defending people that do the opposite of the quest objective. This is ridiculous.

I am defending players that are trying to enjoy the game rather than those that are actively doing what they can so that others don't get to enjoy it. Players don't resort to insults for pleasure, they do so because they feel personally attacked.

"
Sadat wrote:
If i join a sarn arena and see 12 people inside i just attack everyone. I will not pay attention who i can attack, who i can not and who i can attack only with a worse bow. That is bullshit.

Distinguishing players that are here for the daily is extremely easy and doesn't require any effort. I am not even asking you to never accidentally attack on of these players, I am asking you to avoid killing 10 times in a row the same player that has already proven incapable of fighting back.
Basically, do you really need to sandbag other players? Is that what PvP is supposed to be?

"
Sadat wrote:
I think the problem is that people got used that they can complete leo dailies without any serious effort and now expecting exactly this. And once it doesnt wrk that way because there is occassionaly someone who is actually going for pvp they throw insults and try to make him look as a bad griefer.

I think the opposite is also partially true. Players did try to properly do Leo, but then discovered the harshness of PvP and the excessive grind of Leo and felt compelled to turn to the easier methods.
Well make it so that u dont have to recast yer auras when u die thats a rly downsider for me, mebbe i die too much
PvP is a pile of horseshit - sorry but someone gotta be blunt.

Melee chars can't get enough chaos res for most of the time,
78% spellblock, max res, 5k life and you die like whatever to projectile bullshirt all the time almost instantly.

And ofc you can hit those energy shield absuing runaway noobs all you want with a 30-60k cyclone and all they need to do is run away for just one second and their energy shield is full again - or you don't even do damage at all?!

And then there's that insta energy shield on block item - not that it'd help much vs de-ranged knockback, CoC, poison scum.
It only seems to work vs other melee chars that don't abuse sh!t - and that thing really needs to be removed for pvp.

Honestly, WTF?

If you don't want to maintain pvp why implement it in the first place?!
And then again, why have that stupid daily - maybe rogue exiles should count towards it?!

Really, checkout Diablo 2 classic 1.06 and see how pvp balancing was done right - far less "meta" mechanics there - they also had caps for increased attack and cast speed.

I'm done, can't exp my char to 100 with those shitty map drops and the exp penalty in place anyway.

PS:
Why did you even bother creating a character class called Duelist if they can't kill anything without going for witch/ranger/shadow nodes?!
"
__REAPER__ wrote:
PvP is a pile of horseshit - sorry but someone gotta be blunt.

Melee chars can't get enough chaos res for most of the time,
78% spellblock, max res, 5k life and you die like whatever to projectile bullshirt all the time almost instantly.

And ofc you can hit those energy shield absuing runaway noobs all you want with a 30-60k cyclone and all they need to do is run away for just one second and their energy shield is full again - or you don't even do damage at all?!

And then there's that insta energy shield on block item - not that it'd help much vs de-ranged knockback, CoC, poison scum.
It only seems to work vs other melee chars that don't abuse sh!t - and that thing really needs to be removed for pvp.

Honestly, WTF?

If you don't want to maintain pvp why implement it in the first place?!
And then again, why have that stupid daily - maybe rogue exiles should count towards it?!

Really, checkout Diablo 2 classic 1.06 and see how pvp balancing was done right - far less "meta" mechanics there - they also had caps for increased attack and cast speed.

I'm done, can't exp my char to 100 with those shitty map drops and the exp penalty in place anyway.

PS:
Why did you even bother creating a character class called Duelist if they can't kill anything without going for witch/ranger/shadow nodes?!

you would die 1 shot with 10k life too haha.

Yea it is bad. Nw do like everyone, take ranged and abuse offscreen.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Actually the pvp resumes in offscreen/hide atks (arrows/spells like arrows in direct line or from above, zerg SRS rush, traps/mines) or melee atks with discharge/flame shield/imortal/auto cast (suicide or not). Almost with secondary dmg and/or great area of effect.

This remember a shooter game with players shooting, running and dodging bullets/grenades/rockets. You dont battle with someone using powers/skills/complex tactics, just shoot something to kill enemies (POE pvp is almost spam grenades/rockets - the fun fact is some players are good tanks).

POE can be a good shooter game? I think not.

The disbalanced pvp and arena mechanics working bad (player spawn with traps waiting, enter in arena for the first time makes you appear always in same place etc.) are painful. The mechanics seems more prepared for pve.

I think play in team for some objective (even competing indirectly) in maps/stages fits well in this game, but this is other topic.

I cant say if GGG want implement pvp like a important mechanic of POE or just give a simple/cheap option to players fight, but they really need think about what they want and invest appropriately.

The worst is you cant evade pvp if you want finish Leo quests.
Last edited by Apocalich on Aug 30, 2016, 3:40:32 AM
Greetings, GGG!
IMHO it's time to balance a bit 28pvp before 3.0 release.
There are so many old bad things that you can fix easily!

For example:
Asenath's Gentle Touch is absolutely OP for 28 lvl. So everyone uses them. They make variety of gloves primitive. They exclude the choice of curses. So they must be 29 lvl or you can simply turn off "Curse Enemies with Temporal Chains on Hit" mod versus player.
Whirling Blades completely destroys the difference in movement between classes. It is OP endless movement skill. It needed cooldown for a long time! (like Flame Dash, Blink Arrow etc)

PvP Damage scaling absolutely outdated and not designed! It seems new skills just do not have scaling. Especially channeling and stack skills needed new scaling.
For example:
FOUR-link Blight kills 1000 hp in 1 second without chaos res and in 3 second with 75% chaos res. So Blight caster can face-tank any melee character!
Actually many melee skills needed scaling buff.
I think community can give a lot of information about bad scaling. But GGG also have better access to the pvp statistics.

Main importance is the price of PVP equipment. So normal PVP in the range from ~10с to 1000ex just impossible. You can do a simplest thing right now: add a reset skill ability to the premade PVP chars and add PVP mode between premade PVP chars. Since premade PVP equipment already balanced, players can buld their own trees and enjoy the PVP with premade equipment.

We'll help you, just start doing it!
Last edited by Max_ak on Feb 1, 2017, 8:19:31 AM
To balance the pvp first have to start off with the immunity of the classes of the item
Hits those stunning bleeding and venom in blow has to be% chance not to hit that spoils pvp in this game the uniques are very OP the classes that offers immunity worse than all the pathfinder ascedency pathfinder flaskes unique op
Block rate has to be to the maximum 50%
Regeneration of life has to have limit because it is the most op thing of this game to become tankie
That life drain immunity has to work otherwise players strip drains at 80% life per second from you or something like that
Still have many ideas to make pvp better excuse my language to English even because I use a translator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info