PvP Feedback

"
IceDeal wrote:
See the main problem is those player think Leo is a regular master. He is NOT. He is something pvp dedicated (he doesn't even take a master slot) created for the pvp crowd. He is NOT designed for pve players, yet you guys endlessly come to sarn without even trying to do the daily, usually insulting pvp players because you think you deserve the be handle the daily either by begging for a couple of kill or to be left alone in dedicated FFA arena and you get crazy when we refuse.

See the main problem is Leo IS a regular master. His rewards were designed the same way as other master rewards, and only the quest itself sets him slightly apart, if at all.
And as for insults, there probably wouldn't be as many if you guys weren't griefing people on purpose. Is there any need to keep on nuking people that cannot possibly do a thing to you?

"
IceDeal wrote:
My main problem is that those people don't even express a bit of interest for pvp, they just want the reward without even playing the game. Like I said, why should I be rewarded with race rewards when I don't race ? Why should I get the uber drop when i can't kill her. Seems fair right ? So why should you get pvp rewards without even trying ?

How do you expect people to express interest for PvP when they get pitched against players way out of their league? A lot of players would enjoy PvP if they actually had a chance against their opponents.
And please, do not compare racing to this. The rewards for racing lie in the MTX, not the items themselves, which are largely attainable through similar effort without racing. Nobody would complain if Leo's rewards were MTX rather than crafts, vendoring and hideout sizes.

"
IceDeal wrote:
And your example about other master is non relevent, i can do either pve AND pvp so it's perfectly ok for me to be able to level them all at the difference of players who can't (don't want mostly) pvp. I don't beg for someone to clear my Haku, Kill Vorici target.

Please do note that you can easily get all other masters to level 8 without ever completing their quests yourself. Also, no player is a barrier to your getting other masters to level 8.

"
IceDeal wrote:
If you guys were at least a bit interested, the pvp crowd would be way nicer. You blame pvp players for killing you, you should blame all your other little friend who days after days come to sarn insulting us for doing what those place are designed for.

The PvP crowd would be way nicer if players were pitched against players they had a chance against, not turbo-nukes/immortals.
Also, what your posts seem to imply that you are griefing players on purpose. You don't have to hunt down players way weaker than you, even if Sarn technically allows it.
Last edited by Fatel_Femme on Jan 23, 2020, 2:33:57 PM
So now we comparing video games and real life ? What's next, stuff about my mother ? Seriously grow up.

Of course I won't randomly bully people on the street, i'm not an asshole. And FYI, I don't bully afk people in sarn either. I just express what most people in the pvp community thinks about you guys.

Pvp is not that hard, plenty of people including myself would be willing to teach you the basics, heck even give you gear pvp dedicated but no, you don't want to even try, that's what infuriating. And with the changes in Leo daily, this stuff happen every single day when before it was just once or twice a week.

Do you think it's pleasant for us to come to the arena expecting to brawl a bit and find 10 people afk in the corner who gonna start insulting you when you want to play ? It's not.
Last edited by Fatel_Femme on Jan 23, 2020, 2:34:08 PM
Point is, right now Leo dailys are a bad things for all players. Best thing would be for him to be removed so no one would be forced to do pvp if they don't want to and pvp players will stay between each other not bullying anyone.

As for 1vs1, I do agree that the matchmaking is not good atm but this is an aRPG, the game as no way to rank players by gear. As for Sarn Arena, this is a free for all area, upon entering this place you know you are gonna be put against everyone else. I don't remember this beeing a problem while playing games like Quake3 and yes, theorycrafting and gear farming are part of the "skill" of a poe player, it's not only about how fast you are to click on a name.

PoE pvp is hard, unfair and unbalanced, yet some players enjoy it and try to make it better little by little. Leo dailys seems like a massive step back for us because it's a paradox of what PvP is supposed to be. Player cooperate between each others instead of fighting to complete the dailys wich is utterly ridiculous and extremely sad at the same time.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 19, 2016, 12:57:30 PM
IceDeal, theorycrafting, even if it is part of the PvP skill, isn't something that should be a pre-requisite to the enjoyment of the content. Actually, no good PvP game has such a pre-requisite. You can get a good experience out of it without having spent a lot of time studying it beforehand and without feeling powerless. Here, you can start, get pitched against MrNuke/ImmortalDude, and never come back out of disgust.

I've already expressed it in another topic, but I'll say it here once again : you need to strongly reduce the variance between builds for PvP to thrive. It's never going to work if you can get pitched with your poison arrow against chaos-immune players.
"
IceDeal, theorycrafting, even if it is part of the PvP skill, isn't something that should be a pre-requisite to the enjoyment of the content. Actually, no good PvP game has such a pre-requisite. You can get a good experience out of it without having spent a lot of time studying it beforehand and without feeling powerless. Here, you can start, get pitched against MrNuke/ImmortalDude, and never come back out of disgust.

I've already expressed it in another topic, but I'll say it here once again : you need to strongly reduce the variance between builds for PvP to thrive. It's never going to work if you can get pitched with your poison arrow against chaos-immune players.

You cant reduce variance between builds in pvp, this is only limiting creativity and options. And the variance is only there because of the gear check, that's how a rpg works... d2 worked this way and you couldn't just step into pvp thinking youre going to do good without studying anything, that's just like going into a hockey match without even knowing what youre doing ofcourse youre gonna fail.

Poe pvp is not hard, it requires game knowledge, its the end game, players should already be quite good at the game if they reached the point of PVP. People just refuse to put any single effort into making a build and they wonder why they get killed against veterans and expect their pve build to push them up to top 10, pve players are just overwhelmed by the possibility of counters and different builds that they have to work against.

Pve people give no effort into even trying to pvp, the only thing they do is gather up in sarn and ask people if they can get free kills to do their dailys and camp up the corners without even doing anything, to me that's just being lazy and I don't see why I should be a good person towards those in MY environnement when they don't even wanna try.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 10, 2016, 2:04:22 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Pve people give no effort into even trying to pvp, the only thing they do is gather up in sarn and ask people if they can get free kills to do their dailys and camp up the corners without even doing anything, to me that's just being lazy and I don't see why I should be a good person towards those in MY environnement when they don't even wanna try.

This. This, this, this, a million fucking times this. People who just do the pvp for the daily, I'll only ever really grant one of them their daily once in a blue moon, but beyond that, it frustrates me when I kill some poor sod who I had no idea is just there for the daily, and then getting griped at for not doing their daily for them. It's unfair for both of us, but mostly for me because I'm the one there to kill other people for no real reason. I honestly can't think of any positive thing that Leo adds to pvp, beyond block reduction.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

This. This, this, this, a million fucking times this. People who just do the pvp for the daily, I'll only ever really grant one of them their daily once in a blue moon, but beyond that, it frustrates me when I kill some poor sod who I had no idea is just there for the daily, and then getting griped at for not doing their daily for them. It's unfair for both of us, but mostly for me because I'm the one there to kill other people for no real reason. I honestly can't think of any positive thing that Leo adds to pvp, beyond block reduction.

His bench mods are decent. For the most part hes a LLD master though. They could of allocated his bench mods to better pieces of gear or any piece of gear for that matter with some limitations naturally. But they basically put limitations in place to prevent more imbalance in LLD because of popular curse on hit corrupted gloves etc..etc..

As far as PvM'ers bitching and moaning for dailies. They really do put little to no effort into it. Just looking for constant hand outs, but I still give them.

Like Haunt said too, if you're high enough level to even concern yourself with HLD dailies. Why do you have such limited game mechanic knowledge? Why don't you understand counters even at the most basic level? If you made a CA character and got matched with CI, maybe you shouldn't of had all your eggs in one basket. You're using a bow, you basically are saying "I have one of the most utility heavy items in the game that can adapt to damn near anything but....I just want this 1 thing to work and I'm too lazy to add another element to my game".
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 10, 2016, 5:46:58 PM
Ah, see I never really take LLD into account, I'm all about the end-game version. Didn't even take it into account with Leo's existence.

And as for the "eggs in one basket" thing, you're absolutely right about that, which is why I almost feel bad when I'm paired against someone who's solely PA with zero backup against me. It's just a sort of "you did this to yourself" kind of thing, even I have some degree of a backup against people who are immune to chill/freeze, though its effectiveness is debatable, but hey, it's what you do.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info