Fork

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.

GEM EXAMPLES COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2021, 6:35:30 PM
Obligatory Gem post
Unavailable

Spark + Fork + LMP is silly good, I think people are calling it a "Spork" build.

I can't wait to hit lvl 31 on this char and go NUTZ with "Spork Totems"
Last edited by Waves_blade on Oct 31, 2012, 11:38:18 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I tried Lightning Arrow + Fork + Pierce, but it seems it cant fork and pierce from the same attack, either it pierces or it forks.

Unavailable
Last edited by Mizzajl on Nov 1, 2012, 12:31:49 AM
"
Mizzajl wrote:
I tried Lightning Arrow + Fork + Pierce, but it seems it cant fork and pierce from the same attack, either it pierces or it forks.

Unavailable

Are you saying Fork/Peirce at the same time, or that it cant fork then pierce on the next enemy it hits / pierce then fork on the next enemy it hits?
"
Are you saying Fork/Peirce at the same time, or that it cant fork then pierce on the next enemy it hits / pierce then fork on the next enemy it hits?

But Pierce takes priority over Fork, so when pierce fails it will fork instead.
And it seems it can pierce the first target and then fork after the second target and vice versa.

Is it intentinal that each target can either pierce or fork?

for example if i use projectile weakness and fork, i may not want the pierce from projectile weakness to take priority over fork.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
for example if i use projectile weakness and fork, i may not want the pierce from projectile weakness to take priority over fork.

A bit off topic, but I was thinking last night, that this game could become complex enough that it'd be nice to be able to declare these priorities ourselves. To be able to tell your projectiles to attempt fork before pierce, or vice versa, or any number of other possible priority sets. Adding an "order of operations" to each linked set of skills could literally cause the whole "customizable to the endth degree" idea to explode with possibilities.

Edit: it was already posted in one of the 0.9.13 spoiler threads that pierce and chain/fork would not be allowed to occur simultaneously. One or the other is indeed the intended behavior.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 1, 2012, 4:01:34 AM
i have a question.
if i use fork with let´s say spark and i hit an enemy, are the new secondary projectiles
completly new and independent of the primary one (the one of the three which caused the fork)?

what i mean is: does the secondary projectile end when the primary ones would end or does it exist another duration (3sec or something)?

is there any way to influence the degree the new proectiles are spreading?
my guess is they spread in that way that one of the new projectiles hit the nearest enemy, within a max spread.

Edit: and another one:
can every secondary projectile proc on-hit effects like the primary ones?
specifically how does point blank work with fork?
Last edited by halfdead2 on Nov 1, 2012, 5:42:46 AM
I would guess the projectile state, even duration, should be saved.
It's easy to test, anyone with fork and ice spear just needs to hit a target.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
And do froked projectiles fork again when they hit an enemy or do only original projectiles fork?
I'm just curious about the mechanics of this. If a spell forks, do the extra projectiles crit the same as the original? Or do the forks reroll the crit chance? And if the second one, would each fork reroll individually?

I'm currently trying a Sparks/crit build and I'm wondering if one crit from sparks with fork would stack 9 shocks if they all hit. Could be a little op if so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info