Animate Guardian

I'mn pretty sure the guardian updates in real time/onsummon

and to resummon you just need to remove him from the gem slot and put him back in. You're not going to miss out on supports or gem bonuses.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Peacebringer wrote:
MAKE BLUE UNIDENTIFIED ITEMS POSSIBLE TO SPAWN FOR YOUR ANIMATED GUARDIAN

+1

;-)
IGN: Hydralin
Why this skill is bad:

As stated here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547095/page/6/#p5078487

But at least it is infinite without any low duration.

Instead we have a limited Guardian instead. Only one.
He is like a shitty version of a zombie.

How to make it better:

Really simple.

Animate Skillgems.
The guardian should be able to at least use attack or spell skillgems.
One at a time maybe, like a walking totem.

Maybe not spells, or ranged, but melee skills like cleave, groundslam etc.

This would make him to the melee totem we always wanted.
After GEM L14 I trashed this skill!
This skill is just a bad joke.

Hint to the designer/devs.
Go, delete all to this skill and do it again!

BTW:
Who ever designed the drop-system and -table, look to the hint above!

Addendum:
My skeletons are better at surviving than the guardian with rare armor.
And my skeletons have only passive buffs, no extra life or damage gem, like the guardian!
Sorry, my english is not nativ! ;-)
Last edited by Percles on Nov 2, 2013, 1:55:02 PM
sadly - it is true.. this gem simply has no survivability nor damage output (or its internal workings are so obscure that we cannot fgure it out - this is also a sign of bad skill desing)

tried it with lvl 81 summoner with full +minion life available (im missing like 15% from the tree and gems total) and it still dies immediately even with blue +80hp items

unviable
Does grabbing resolute technique affect the guardian at all?
"
mtlSuu wrote:
Does grabbing resolute technique affect the guardian at all?

Why should it? It's you who will have the resolute technique, not the guardian.
Definitely no survivability, even when I have purity/vitality auras to enhance him. His hyper-aggressive nature makes it even worse as he's always a screen and a half away trying to commit suicide against some pack of mobs. Pretty sure any support gem attached to either Zombies or Skeletons will have better results than summoning a guardian.
I was excited about this gem, but have become rather disappointed in it as I leveled up.

He needs a bit more base health/resists. Even with minion life supp, minion resist supp, minion passives, discipline aura, purity aura, and a life leech support he seems quite squishy.

He also needs some type of leech or regen. Sometimes he does seem to heal up mysteriously, but other times he wont heal til I zone. It was nice when I could put him on a weapon swap and heal him that way, but that was patched out. I think it should heal him when you add a weapon or armor. Maybe heal 25% when you add an item. With the new costs of auras I can't afford to run 3 so he might so better if I could somehow run regen aura as well, but 2 60s and a 40 are hard to run.

If he will stay squishy, and hes not intended to be able to tank at all, then he should work like a melee gem totem. Make it so you can attached a melee attack gem to him. I would also either give him higher accuracy as he levels up or resolute blows - cause he misses a lot.
this skill just needs +X Life and %Life Regen per armor piece added as a scaling variable in the gem's description. It's reminiscent of D2's Iron Golem, but the golems in D2 had large health pools and massive regen. This skill could be really rewarding, but it's too fragile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info