Animate Guardian

"
Juran wrote:
I hope that something will be done with viability of guardian. This skill is right now useless.

-He is really weak his accuracy is horrible and AI tragic.

-Theres a problem with equipping weapons and shields you cant specify if you want him to dual wield or combo one-hand/shield.

-I know that this comparison don't do justice and you can support guardian with nice gems: 81 lvl with all summons passives. 16 lvl animated Guardian, 0 supports, yellow dual weapons with some elemental dmg has 1/3 DPS of ONE skeleton (Summon Skeletons lvl 19 support: faster attacks, Melee Physical Damage). Even higher level with full support this gem wont be close to 11 skeletons that can be summoned at will and you need insane items to out damage Zombie or Spectre.

-Right now if you want to summon strong melee tank or melee DPS you can rise Spectre and not worry about items.

I'm pretty sure this AG is not intended to be a summoner skill. He is intended to be an item dump for all your throw away stuff. As well as a decent tank or dps or off tank or w/e without having to invest many passive points. You can just find some good gear and make your AG a permanent fixture.

I am "pretty sure" I read or heard somewhere that his base stats are based on yours in some way. So yes if your a summoner His accuracy is going to be horrible.

You can't compare 1 AG to 11 skeles .........

Without passives I garuntee it out damages/out tanks a Zombie/Spectre, even wearing blues.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
"
Juggla1570 wrote:

I'm pretty sure this AG is not intended to be a summoner skill. He is intended to be an item dump for all your throw away stuff. As well as a decent tank or dps or off tank or w/e without having to invest many passive points. You can just find some good gear and make your AG a permanent fixture.

I am "pretty sure" I read or heard somewhere that his base stats are based on yours in some way. So yes if your a summoner His accuracy is going to be horrible.

You can't compare 1 AG to 11 skeles .........

Without passives I garuntee it out damages/out tanks a Zombie/Spectre, even wearing blues.

Animate Guardian is a minion so minion passives work on him like on other minions. Rise spectre even without passives from tree is almost 1:1 copy of monster + support gems. If guardian scales with character stats then maybe he can have some value for other Exiles. I will try AG when my gem reaches 18+ but on my character there no way he can out scale zombie/spectre with blue items.
Does guardian's accuracy scales with level?
if so, it is possible that people are just using it at very low levels and therefore it is missing a lot.

When Chris used the AG in Gamespot's video it was ok for a gem with only two supports and no passives.

Also, please people:
"
Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

Don't just say it sucks or it rocks, etc.
Last edited by KieranGravebane on Oct 26, 2013, 1:56:27 PM
"

Also, please people:
"
Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

Don't just say it sucks or it rocks, etc.

I agree. I'll make tests on my gem today and provide quality feedback.
Hateful post.
Ok so here is your "quality" feedback:

Animate Guardian skill gem lvl 16 Damage test on character specialized in physical damage minions (Zombies main Minion) and minions survivability. test will be conducted in Docs on white monsters. To create guardian i will use waring cheap weapons. I will measure time Guardian need to kill 1 white mob and compare it to time 2 Skeletons need to kill white monster.

My passive tree during test: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9t9GOyKfdIi9MHzgh5MLRdQAP0UsKyY99fMvBCXRASFYKrETbmio3_GJ6labSQ8p1xJURzckye_l8k98h60DEZxsHfhiB2qEZZwu9kTL2-bodDQz2VVxhZvj0anCBVQ2t3ZCyqY-oCdrhpspqyIQJAzGYUkqjbp42r60hcvhtEksICkZOdV1riT6-4o-oLH0_uofVqRaqz56H5ZgwlvnspKwzqbtRmK-wn22hqPZp7AGpBVp4QaOA2NbAvmgXFNms9DY7cx

Notes:
-Minion increased DMG from passive tree: 135%

-Minion increased life from passive tree: 90%

-Auras Increased effect of auras you cast from passive tree: 70%

-Necromantic Aegis Keystone http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Necromantic_Aegis

Shield used:
Rarity: Rare
Gloom Bastion
Cardinal Round Shield
--------
Chance to Block: 28%
Armour: 995 (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 438 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Str (gem): 103
Dex (gem): 97
Int (gem): 146
--------
Sockets: G-R-B
--------
Itemlevel: 67
--------
+230 to Armour
142% increased Armour and Evasion
4.4 Life Regenerated per second
+14% to all Elemental Resistances
+14% to Cold Resistance
15% increased Block and Stun Recovery

Auras turned ON during test:
-Purity lvl 19 /// http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Purity
Effective power ~ +46% all elemental resistances +3 max all elemental ressistances

-Haste lvl 16 /// http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Haste
Effective power ~ 25% increased attack speed

-Vitality lvl 16 /// http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vitality
Effective power ~ you and nearby allies regenerate 2.49% Life per second

Notes:
All effective power of auras were measured on my character and are increased by Holy Strength passive (3% increased strength of buffs on you)

Animate Guardian Gem and supporting Gems:
-Animate Guardian lvl 16 +2
60% Increased maximum life
Can use Items requiring up to Level 64
Minion deal 60% Increased Physical Damage with Melee attacks

-Melee Physical Damage lvl 18
47% More Melee Physical Damage

-Faster attacks lvl 16
40% Increased attack speed

Summon Skeletons Gem and Supporting Gems:
-Summon Skeletons lvl 19 +2
Summons deal 50% less elemental damage

-Melee Physical Damage lvl 18
47% More Melee Physical Damage

-Faster attacks lvl 16
40% Increased attack speed

Notes:
1. Both skills use same support gems.
2. Summon skeletons gem level is 3 lvl higher than Animate Guardian that is big damage difference but Docks monster levels are appropriate for this level gem.
3. Both gems and supports are socketed in +2 to minions Helmet.

Test:

Weapon 1:
Rarity: Normal
Superior Fiend Dagger
--------
Dagger
Quality: +17% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 22-88 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 7.1%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 53
Dex: 58
Int: 123
--------
Sockets: G
--------
Itemlevel: 63
--------
60% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

Result:
-14 seconds Monster: Voidberer
-Died during test after 30 secounds Monster: Undying Worker

Weapon 2:
Gale Slicer
Slaughter Knife
--------
Dagger
Physical Damage: 9-78
Elemental Damage: 17-33 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.8%
Attacks per Second: 1.40
--------
Requirements:
Level: 58
Dex: 81
Int: 117
--------
Sockets: B-B B
--------
Itemlevel: 64
--------
40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
15% increased Spell Damage
Adds 17-33 Cold Damage
+69 to maximum Mana
+3 Life gained for each enemy hit by your Attacks
+8 Life gained on Kill

Result:
-approximately 20 secounds per white Monster

Weapon 3
Sorrow Smasher
Phantom Mace
--------
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage: 36-73 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 10-23 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.15% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.30
--------
Requirements:
Level: 53
Str: 170 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: R
--------
Itemlevel: 64
--------
20% increased Stun Duration on enemies
--------
Adds 7-13 Physical Damage
Adds 10-23 Cold Damage
23% increased Critical Strike Chance
+4 Life gained for each enemy hit by your Attacks

Result:
-approximately 10 secounds per white Monster

Weapon 4
Rarity: Magic
Humming Karui Chopper of Nourishment
--------
Two Handed Axe
Physical Damage: 97-152
Elemental Damage: 1-14 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5%
Attacks per Second: 1.00
--------
Requirements:
Level: 58
Str: 151
Dex: 43
--------
Sockets: G
--------
Itemlevel: 62
--------
Adds 1-14 Lightning Damage
+5 Life gained for each enemy hit by your Attacks

Result:
-approximately 5 seconds per white Monster

Skeletons:
Result:
-approximately 1-2 seconds per white Monster

Conclusion:
Animate Guardian has potential to Out-DPS skeleton but cost of equipment required is not practical. Additionally usefulnesses of this skill is limited for non Minion centric characters because of lowered Animated Guardian survivability (auras, passives, Necromantic Aegis).

Skill can find application in PvP where it cant die permanently and on power leveling Exiles.

Edit: Additional information for peoples not familiarized with Summon Skeletons skill gem:
Skeletons are weakest minions you can summon. My character can summon up to 11 skeletons. One zombie has damage comparable to ~4-5 skeletons and ~5-10 times biger survivability.
Last edited by Juran on Oct 27, 2013, 9:23:09 AM
I think this skill need some kind of confirmation when you replace a new item. Because the old item gets irreversibly destroyed ... and it can be some expensive unique. And it's way too easy to replace something you didn't want - you want to replace a cheap weapon that he already has with the one lying in front of you, not realizing it's a two handed weapon and it will destroy the shield as well. Maybe by adding Bringer of Rain you destroy the chest armor he's wearing (not tested). Or maybe you just missclick when there are several items lying close to each other.

Also, I can imagine after some time you forget what items he has, so some kind of overview over his current inventory would be nice.

And third thing - I'd really like him to be able to equip ranged weapons. No idea why the devs thought it would be overpowered or whatever reason they had to not enable this.
I think this skill is very interesting, and would love to know how the guardians survivability scales. I currently just item-dump white items on him, but it would be nice to be able to set up a minion with quite a powerful set of gear and watch him wipe the floors with my opposition sometimes.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
I'm trying the skill for some time now, and the survivability is very low.

I have lvl 10 Animate Guardian + lvl 16 Minion life + lvl 8 Minion and totem elemental resistance

I have every single minion passive node (except Minion Instability if you would count that).

I also have lvl 17 Vitality active. And most importantly, I have (specifically for survivability/immortality) Necromantic Aegis + Springleaf (6% life regeneration on low life, 8% resist elements).

Since I got the Springleaf (about 30+ gaming hours ago), exactly two zombies died in a really extreme fights on Merciless. Not a single Spectre. I was doing maps with them (level 66-68). Neither of them are supported with anything for surviving - no resists, no life. My Raise Spectre is lvl 17, my Raise Zombie lvl 19 (including the +2 minion gems bonus).

After that, I figured that Necromantic Aegis + Springleaf = pretty much invincibility.

Under these circumstances, my Animate Guardian died on Normal difficulty, at one of the levels leading to the top of Scepter of God. It was composed of junk items I found on my way - chest armor, helmet, boots, weapon - so definitely not naked.

Unless the survivability scales much better on higher levels, this skill will need serious boosting. Without that, it won't be usable even by necromancers completely focused on minion survival.
Last edited by Sethiel on Oct 27, 2013, 11:08:04 AM
"
Juran wrote:
Ok so here is your "quality" feedback:

That makes sense.

Then I don't know why this skill is so bad at lategame being fully supported with passives+supports+auras.

UPD: could you test Animate Weapon DPS as well? 'Cause you doing analysis so good.
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on Oct 27, 2013, 4:40:08 PM
"
Sethiel wrote:
I'm trying the skill for some time now, and the survivability is very low.

I have lvl 10 Animate Guardian + lvl 16 Minion life + lvl 8 Minion and totem elemental resistance

I have every single minion passive node (except Minion Instability if you would count that).

I also have lvl 17 Vitality active. And most importantly, I have (specifically for survivability/immortality) Necromantic Aegis + Springleaf (6% life regeneration on low life, 8% resist elements).

Since I got the Springleaf (about 30+ gaming hours ago), exactly two zombies died in a really extreme fights on Merciless. Not a single Spectre. I was doing maps with them (level 66-68). Neither of them are supported with anything for surviving - no resists, no life. My Raise Spectre is lvl 17, my Raise Zombie lvl 19 (including the +2 minion gems bonus).

After that, I figured that Necromantic Aegis + Springleaf = pretty much invincibility.

Under these circumstances, my Animate Guardian died on Normal difficulty, at one of the levels leading to the top of Scepter of God. It was composed of junk items I found on my way - chest armor, helmet, boots, weapon - so definitely not naked.

Unless the survivability scales much better on higher levels, this skill will need serious boosting. Without that, it won't be usable even by necromancers completely focused on minion survival.

It needs real gear to survive well. Imagine it as another player you're lugging around behind you. Place it in at least blue gear you find. Grab a whole set of +HP energy shield gear, and a rather strong two handed weapon, and see how quickly it dies.

Epic survivability when done that way~ It really scales gear well, and remains even after logout.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info