Animate Guardian

"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
Kaskar wrote:
Important question!

Do support gems apply to every piece of gear? Do every piece counts as seperate skill being cast?

For example, I have added cold damage and animate helm. Then I animate boots.
Will guardian have double flat damage cold?

Another case. I have added cold damage and animate helm. Then I link gem with added lightning damage. Will guardian have added lightning and added cold at one time?

Tested it a bit. This is how I figure it works.

1) Supports only apply once.

2) In your example it will only be affected by added cold damage, untill it is resummened, than it will only be affected by added lightning.

Thank you! Have a niciest day!
Hateful post.
What I really would like to see with Animate Guardian is some kind of tooltip or in the Character Screen that states what items is he weilding and his full stats, as this is the most similar "pet" we have right now in PoE.

Sometimes I forget/want to compare what item was he weilding and also would like to see stuff like his resistances, HP, ES and something like that.

I got a semi-goldlike 2hand sword as I started Nemesis Cruel and he was 1shoting everything, so damage doesn't seem to be a problem.

Right now I'm using AG with Minion Life + Minion Resistances + Increased Attack Speed.

Does it work with Multistrike/Melee Splash and such?
"
vondalv wrote:
What I really would like to see with Animate Guardian is some kind of tooltip or in the Character Screen that states what items is he weilding and his full stats, as this is the most similar "pet" we have right now in PoE.

Sometimes I forget/want to compare what item was he weilding and also would like to see stuff like his resistances, HP, ES and something like that.

I got a semi-goldlike 2hand sword as I started Nemesis Cruel and he was 1shoting everything, so damage doesn't seem to be a problem.

Right now I'm using AG with Minion Life + Minion Resistances + Increased Attack Speed.

Does it work with Multistrike/Melee Splash and such?

don't see why it wouldn't work with them cause they are melee skills and you can use them on minions, so ya i would say yes it works just like if you put them on zombies
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The one thing I don't understand is why the Guardian has clearly different AI than a Zombie. I've been using both, and I'm picking up some loots and generally sitting back, and for no reason my Guardian starts running offscreen to fight some monster which hasn't even draw aggro yet; even my Zombies have enough brains to stay by my side, it's just the Guardian going off all on his own.

Animate weapon/guardians pathfinding seems completely broken. Stand around in the hill areas of The Climb, zombies will move around the ledges to reach their enemies while animates will just move up towards the ledge and get stuck there.

IDK why they have different AI at all, actually.

i mean come on

IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Oct 25, 2013, 8:51:23 PM
First of the AI of this minion is broken. While I can control Zombis, it is imposible to control the Animated Guardian at all :(.

Second what I belive is good equip for him:
- Templar Shields with high res-all or stats like this

- fast Fist Weapons with loh or ll like

- Suport gems minion-resi, minion-life, accurecy (yes, he misses alot without!)
- items with life, lifereg and stats (str/dex)
- suport via resi- and lifereg- auras

But as long as he sometimes goes wield and runs out of control range he still die super fast :(.
AI for sure need to be fixed/improved!
while i prefer a minion to go off screen, i also prefer them to stay near me. previously zombies didn't stop "going off" and now people say they don't move far enough away. if guardian is doing that nice midway, minus a bit of oops'ing, then thats GOOD.
I'm am in love with skill so far. I see lot's of people complaining but I have had nothing but a great experience so far with it.

Yes, the AI is a little wacked and needs some tweeking. He needs a closer tether. And his pathing can be rly screwed sometimes.

I've found stacking Ar/ES gear with as much HP/Regen/Res as you can get makes this guy a monster tank. Link Minion HP/Minion Res and a regen aura (or totem). Throw some LoH (with fast wpn) or LL (Slow heavy hitter) makes him almost unkillable.

On the flip side you can stack Accuracy and phys dmg with a hard hitting 2h. Link minion dmg, fire dmg, faster attacks, Melee splash and/or anything else you can think of for stupid amounts (in a good way) of free dps. He dies fast this way but you can remake him out of whites over and over. The DPS is still acceptable with just whites when linked with good dmg supports.

I rly feel this is a somewhat overpowered skill atm. Once people find the "perfect" combo of stats/gems we will see these guys running all over the place.

Edit - I would also like to add that I would love to see some more info on how the life is calculated. I know this has been mentioned once or twice in the thread already. It is vry important to know this so we can thoery craft the best way to build for him.

Also, I LOVE the idea of being able to see the gear he is currently made from. I have found myself, numerous times, wanting to pop a new piece of gear on my guy but not quite remembering exactly what the last one was.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Oct 26, 2013, 12:53:07 AM
"
werezompire wrote:
Anyone know how double shields with Necromantic Aegis work on Animate Guardian? It definitely seems to be helping him to stay alive easier, but I was wondering if the Block chance is additive or multiplicative between the two shields.

im on holiday but will try this next week:
I hope that something will be done with viability of guardian. This skill is right now useless.

-He is really weak his accuracy is horrible and AI tragic.

-Theres a problem with equipping weapons and shields you cant specify if you want him to dual wield or combo one-hand/shield.

-I know that this comparison don't do justice and you can support guardian with nice gems: 81 lvl with all summons passives. 16 lvl animated Guardian, 0 supports, yellow dual weapons with some elemental dmg has 1/3 DPS of ONE skeleton (Summon Skeletons lvl 19 support: faster attacks, Melee Physical Damage). Even higher level with full support this gem wont be close to 11 skeletons that can be summoned at will and you need insane items to out damage Zombie or Spectre.

-Right now if you want to summon strong melee tank or melee DPS you can rise Spectre and not worry about items.
"
Juran wrote:

-I know that this comparison don't do justice and you can support guardian with nice gems: 81 lvl with all summons passives. 16 lvl animated Guardian, 0 supports, yellow dual weapons with some elemental dmg has 1/3 DPS of ONE skeleton (Summon Skeletons lvl 19 support: faster attacks, Melee Physical Damage). Even higher level with full support this gem wont be close to 11 skeletons that can be summoned at will and you need insane items to out damage Zombie or Spectre.

-Right now if you want to summon strong melee tank or melee DPS you can rise Spectre and not worry about items.

Thats sad news.
Can you support him with some gems to test?
Hateful post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info