Animate Guardian

What's super odd about this skill is that items are lost upon death. I mean, if I as a magic wielder can summon a guardian and have it wear armour pieces, why not be able to strip them off. This way you'd be able to have something that's similar to a real henchman, something you can fit with items and actually enjoy having around. Also, you know, build diversity :-/
This spell will never be usable unless they make it so the items drop off of it when it dies. If it is unbalanced, then they will have to compromise something else, but right now that seems to be the only way unless the whole skill is changed.
rage
Crying "muh build diversity" is such a shitty move and people do it all the time it makes my blood boil every time. Stop that shit.
This is my favourite skill in this game. The fact that it loses items on death makes perfect sense to me. It adds a lot of potential to the skill at a high cost. It's fun.

But it's not like you need to fit the Guardian with expensive stuff to be able to use him. He gets over 40% all elemental resist from passives + resistance support and can wear 2 shields through necro aegis. If specced and equipped correctly a summoner can have Guardian with capped elemental resistances, capped block and over 20k life equipped with nothing but blue and white items bought from a random vendor.

Granted that's a pretty extreme case and requires some good gear on the player but you can successfully use this skill without risking any wealth if that is what you want.
edit
Forgot to include the increased life % implicit on the guardian gem itself so the life I'm listing is somewhat understated >_<
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Apr 16, 2014, 5:01:33 PM
what the hell do you put on his ass to get 20k life?

do you have minion life and a level 3 empower ?
You can get an Animate Guardian gem to lvl 28 with the right (read: expensive) setup.

Minion life and empower is much more important than items with +life. Even a budget summoner can get a naked Guardian up to lvl 24 for a decent 13k life pool with those supports and 110% minion life from passives.

If players were able to easily look at the stats of their Guardian I'm sure a lot of people would find it easier to make the Guardian work with their build. Something like that is probably far away from being implemented though :(
edit
Forgot to include the increased life % implicit on the guardian gem itself so the life I'm listing is somewhat understated >_<

My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Apr 16, 2014, 5:01:44 PM
Hi, quick question on Animate Guardian.

Anyone know if giving the Guardian the Loctonial Caress or Ambu's Charge unique (grants Conduit, grants Conduit for endurance charges only) will allow him to share charges with other party members (i.e. yourself)? Say with the support Endurance Charge on Melee Stun or otherwise.
"
NQue89 wrote:
Hi, quick question on Animate Guardian.

Anyone know if giving the Guardian the Loctonial Caress or Ambu's Charge unique (grants Conduit, grants Conduit for endurance charges only) will allow him to share charges with other party members (i.e. yourself)? Say with the support Endurance Charge on Melee Stun or otherwise.
no, minions or totems or traps/mines, are not party members.
ALL i want is a hud where i can put items into the AG and see his stats
wiki says animated guardian only has 72 hp at level 20.
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
wiki says animated guardian only has 72 hp at level 20.

The Wiki is full of shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info