Animate Guardian

yeah that is the main gripe everyone has , there really only one build for guardian that is viable ,

making it as obscenely durable as possible.
Agree 100% with what you said Salty. I'm using it in Invasion, I only use him if I can make his gear tanky and its extra stuff. 3 link on my wand so I can swap him out if he's a retard and runs ahead into a boss without us ;-)

GGG Please tweak this awesome skill. I love it its just hard to use.. and even harder for Invasion. I never use him for during any invasion boss encounter he just dies to easy since many of those bosses have crazy spiky damage. getting his gear back would be nice as a starter and if we could make him ranged that would be awesome.

Peace.
Two things:

1. If you put Shackles in your animate, do you get Frenzy charges when he dies?

2. It would be REALLY cool if you could socket gems into the items that you drop, and the guardian gets those skills. Would make the guardian incredibly strong, be a nice sink for all those extra gems in my inventory, and also give us something else to spend jewelers and fuses on
-Charles

"
Tanathlagoon wrote:
Two things:

2. It would be REALLY cool if you could socket gems into the items that you drop, and the guardian gets those skills. Would make the guardian incredibly strong, be a nice sink for all those extra gems in my inventory, and also give us something else to spend jewelers and fuses on

I was thinking that juts now and did a search. I like this idea for sure.
Biggest issue is he just can't be made to survive long term. If you invest big in his gear we just need a way to lock it in the gem. maybe vaal orb it locks his current gear, no more levels, no more quality etc. Die in battle return to town or take gem out replace.
Drop items is okay to, but I like the lock in place.. it will make you think a bit more about what gear you want on him perm.

Thx.
I don't approve of that, but if it'll happen, gems shouks drop on its death in similar way to cutthroat (not returned to in but still saved).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
I don't approve of that, but if it'll happen, gems shouks drop on its death in similar way to cutthroat (not returned to in but still saved).

I hear ya but try using that gem at all in Invasion. He just melts and I've invested some awesome gear into him.. makes no difference. I run and take the gem out. That can't be all there is to the potential of this skill. I'm not asking for an immortal just some way to save the investment. It would help.

Cheers.
For good summoners AG lvl 20 with max resists and HP gear hardly ever dies. But said summoners simply don't have sockets for it. He just doesn't do enough to justify 3-4 sockets investment.
And for non summoners with no reliable ways to support him, hi dies pretty fast with only 2-3k hp and no regen/animation flasks.
Last edited by ecosl on Mar 29, 2014, 3:45:23 AM
I'm peeved that replacing my guardian's weapon and shield is so unintuitive. I always have him set up with a shield and weapon, but it seems highly erratic when I want to give him a new weapon.
If I try to attach the weapon first, he starts dual wielding the new and old weapons. If I attach the shield first, then the weapon, he ends up dual wielding still, or just replaces the new weapon with the new shield, leaving him with the old weapon and a new shield.
Is there any way around this?
My issues with AG are all above. I like the spell, it has a lot of flexibility, but his aggro radius is -huge- compared to other minions, often going off to get himself killed.

The weapon/shield alternating is annoying at times.

Beyond that, I feel the balance is fine, it serves a purpose if you work with it.
Balancing this skill around uniques is a mistake, possibly even rares. A skill should not be balanced around what most people will never have and if they did wouldn't want to risk it. He could be made much more inately viable if he were balanced around whites/magic items.

If balancing around uniques is kept then items should not be lost. This will allow people to use decent gear and he can be left naturally weak.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info