Animate Guardian

Quick question: does the Animated Guardian lose all equipped items for good when he dies or what happens to his gear?

I happen to have 2 of those unique festival masks (+15% ally damage) so I'm thinking of equipping one on my summoner, one on the guardian for 30% extra minion damage.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Yes it does lose everything.
Last edited by DarkTl on Jan 8, 2014, 10:16:51 AM
Well, that sucks. Why does the poor AG have to play on extreme hardcore difficulty? :p
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I agree. AG would be a great minion with the correct gear, but you simply put at risk too much for now. Good gear isn't cheap.
Last edited by DarkTl on Jan 9, 2014, 4:40:46 AM
"
DarkTl wrote:
I agree. AG would be a great minion with the correct gear, but you simply put at risk too much for now. Good gear isn't cheap.

Yes, probably would be better if instead of losing all the gear we get an "optional recovery time" for the guardian: he died, you want him back here and now so you'll "pay" his resurrection losing all it's gear; on the other hand, you could wait for its recovery maybe with a system like the flasks' charges, just with an higher value required.

To make the option "here and now" generally more appealing there could be some bonus for a limited time (30-45 sec, maybe more? or less?) after the resurrection (like Wrath of the Gear) depending on the items lost.
For that period of time there will be "phantom versions" of the lost gear and:
- for each white item --> little bonuses to hp, armor/evasion/ES and damage
- for each blue --> higher bonus than those above + mediocre elem res (like 5-8% each piece) + little bonus to the used gear stats (like added damage, resistances, block chance)
- for each yellow --> even higher bonus than blue ones (for res maybe 12% each piece + 1% max cap each piece) + %life regen
- for each unique item --> considered like yellow (special mods won't get buff, just "normal" mods) but the Guardian cast an aura that grant a fraction of its stats to any ally near it (but any bonus form support gem WON'T apply to the players, just the guardian, or it will be a bit OP)

This way even a blue guardian can give a hand in a bad situation (or when we can't afford to invest better items in it, i.e. when on low level) if we sacrifice it and it won't be really spammable because we still need to identifies and animate each piece of gear.
And on the other hand we wouldn't lose any item too easily.

Probably all those things would demand a big work behinde the scene for GGG, but will also give a better "personality" to a skill with great potential.
Of course a page where we can see the Guardian's gear would be very helpful (maybe Right Click on his simbol in the upper left corner to see the option "open guardian page").

What do you think guys
any plan on fixing the way giving weapon works?
it's annoying when your guardian has a weapon+shield, you try to give him another weapon and it destroy the shield instead of the weapon.
it's really clunky...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Yeah, the whole system is very inconvenient. AG needs a simple equipment window, like mercs in d2 had.
"
DarkTl wrote:
Yeah, the whole system is very inconvenient. AG needs a simple equipment window, like mercs in d2 had.

agree

risking valuable gear now is pointless and apart from Cast on death abuse, AG is crap. However with godly gear it can be OP, so I would suggest the following tweak:

when AG dies it doesnt lose all the gear but rather goes into resurrection cooldown (10-30 mins). After the cooldown wears out AG appears again with all the gear. AND all the AG gems share the cooldown so you cant have "spare copies" on swap.
"
Lichalfred wrote:

when AG dies it doesnt lose all the gear but rather goes into resurrection cooldown (10-30 mins). After the cooldown wears out AG appears again with all the gear. AND all the AG gems share the cooldown so you cant have "spare copies" on swap.

Yeah, it even could be a gem or a passive skill, maybe with some kind of penalties in order to not make it too op.
"
DarkTl wrote:

Yeah, it even could be a gem or a passive skill, maybe with some kind of penalties in order to not make it too op.

Good idea actually - "minion ressurection" support is actually very demanded by spectre users - you might spend a lot of time finding highlvl ones on maps and then you might lose them in a second. Also making these minions always persistent will make relogs less painful for summoner.

It could be:

125% mana multiplier
minions persist (i.e they will appear after logging if cooldown is out and trigger next cd)
supported minions resurrect 20 (-0.75/level) minutes after dying
minions have 15% less life
+1% increased minion life per quality

P.S. snapshotting can still work, since minions resurrected will recalibrate towards actual gem layout and if this support is out they will die permanently next time, thus negating permasnapshot "abuse".

minion instability will work here, there is no problem since you cant make non-stop-boom-boom due to minutes in cooldown.

Last edited by Lichalfred on Jan 14, 2014, 3:41:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info