Cast when Damage Taken

When you have CWDT linked to a Curse, and CWDT casts said curse, does it cast it at the mobs that hit you, or just in the radius around your character?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
As always, it targets whatever entity dealt the Damage that triggers it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Working as intended. CwDT only Supports Spells - the Skill that lays a Trap or Mine is not a Spell. The Spell tag in the Gem description comes from the Skill that the Trap/Mine uses.

It does not support only spells...
"
EdvinPL wrote:
It does not support only spells...

Re-read the Support? It explicitly says it only applies to Supported Spells. It's right there, in the description. Twice.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 21, 2014, 10:54:08 AM
Hey i have a, maybe stupid, question.

If, for example my life reg is 50 per second, and i take 60 damage per second, is the life reg counted against the damage, so that it counts only 10 damaget taken per second for the "cast when damage taken" gem, or does it count the 60 damage???

greetz
"
HoliButtplug wrote:
Hey i have a, maybe stupid, question.

If, for example my life reg is 50 per second, and i take 60 damage per second, is the life reg counted against the damage, so that it counts only 10 damaget taken per second for the "cast when damage taken" gem, or does it count the 60 damage???

greetz
counts your damage taken... but doesn't count damage over time. only actual hits on you. regen and degen doesn't matter.
Any reason why Vaal Discipline is NOT supported by this gem? I see why Auras are not supported since they last forever until you disable them, but thats not the case of Vaal Discipline...
I have a CWDT linked as:
Everytime it is triggered, it is consuming Mana :/. Is that correct behavior?, I thought it linked spells should not consume mana.

EDIT: nevermind... I have Mind Over Matter, this is the one consuming mana on each hit. :)
Last edited by atmos929 on May 5, 2014, 12:39:29 AM
Is there a way to use this gem to automatically cast some gem? like a piece of gear (uniques/corrupted) that applies to your targets thorns or curses you with pusnishment, or cast an spell that also hurts you (with a little delay) and triggers the gem again, making a loop, etc?

edit: Silly me, http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shackles_of_the_Wretched looks capable. Couldn't test yet with punishment. Whenever I can I might try the shackles with cwdt+punishment+ice spear+pcoc
Last edited by Visca on May 8, 2014, 2:55:52 PM
Anyone else have a problem getting this to work with Vaal Haste? For some reason it doesn't ever proc, even when it's within the CODT level limit and has full soul charge.

Edit:
I notice after a bit more research that Vaal Discipline doesn't work either (also mentioned a few posts above). However, I used to run Vaal Molten Shell with Cast when Stunned and that works fine, so not sure if this is intentional with CoDT or not.
Last edited by fawnsilver on May 21, 2014, 2:23:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info