Cast when Damage Taken

(This gem can only Support Skill Gems of level x or lower) Does this also apply to support gems? For example, if I have Cast when damage taken linked to enduring cry and increased area of effect does the increased area of effect gem also have to be level x or lower?
The description explicitly mentions Skill Gems. Support Gems are not Skill Gems.
Hi
My CwDT gem cannot work with any gem. i try to link enduring cry or warlords mark but not happen anything. this gem work only with my teleport gem, so when im fighting i take portals everywere.... Please somebody help me. My CWDT gem is lvl 15 and i try to link it lvl 1 or lvl16 gems... This is a bug?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The description explicitly mentions Skill Gems. Support Gems are not Skill Gems.

So L20 CWDT will not work with any empower setup where the supported skill is already lvl 20 (pushed with empower beyond that which CWDT can trigger)

:(

IMO, either CWDT should be included as a 'skill gem' with regard to empower only. OR CWDT at lvl20 should have the call-skills-of-lvl-x removed (can cast skills of ANY lvl)
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
CWDT+Raise Specter=Client Crash every 2-10 minutes, needs to be fixed or block specter from working with cwdt.
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
I don't know if someone already mentioned this. It didn't come up in search results and I didn't really want to read 36 pages of threads just to check, but...

The "This gem can only support skill gems of level 31 or lower" seems a bit deceiving to me. I tried using it with my Molten Shell, which is a level 16 gem, and it didn't work. However, the level I must be to use it is 59. I tried a level 1 Molten Shell that only required the player to be level 10 and it worked.

Clearly it's not the level of the gem that must be 31 or lower, but the level requirement the gem has of the player. I think this should be written in a way that is more clear.

I know you might think "Well, duh, gems can only go up to level 20, so obviously...."

No. "Obviously" nothing. It explicitly states the "level of the gem", not the "level requirement to use the gem". I had heard that gem level can only go up to 20, but when I read the description of CoDT I thought "Oh, well maybe I'm wrong, or there's some exception".

Anyway, fortunately I happen to have the other Molten Shell, although I'll have to level it up in order for it to be any real help.

This may have been covered also, but what happens when I'm out playing and my Molten Shell happens to level up so that it suddenly requires higher than the CoDT gem? Will it just suddenly stop working, or will it somehow be prevented from leveling up in the same way gems generally do if you haven't quite reached the required level yet?

"

Clearly it's not the level of the gem that must be 31 or lower, but the level requirement the gem has of the player. I think this should be written in a way that is more clear.

I know you might think "Well, duh, gems can only go up to level 20, so obviously...."

No. "Obviously" nothing. It explicitly states the "level of the gem", not the "level requirement to use the gem". I had heard that gem level can only go up to 20, but when I read the description of CoDT I thought "Oh, well maybe I'm wrong, or there's some exception".

there is an exception with the use of the Empower support gem. it increases the level of the active skill gems.

"

This may have been covered also, but what happens when I'm out playing and my Molten Shell happens to level up so that it suddenly requires higher than the CoDT gem? Will it just suddenly stop working, or will it somehow be prevented from leveling up in the same way gems generally do if you haven't quite reached the required level yet?

CwDT will NOT prevent you from leveling your skill gems. if you're in mid-battle/map/quest and level your skill gem beyond the supported level, it will no longer pop when CwDT goes off.

---
and i completely agree with reverse scaling idea.
gems are supposed to be pretty worthless in the beginning and get a lot better/helpful in the higher levels. i can't level my CwDT passed 10 (which pops molten shell, enfeeble, and discharge) because of the damage-taken scaling. i could already be using those skills at level 20, but they're all stuck at the halfway point because of this nerf.
Last edited by davoooooo on Feb 19, 2014, 5:16:44 PM
The text and mechanics are confusing, its the only gem that requires micromanaging, its easy to mess up by accidentally leveling and I need to check every other supported gem every time I level... super inconsistent and unpleasant. I'll also add that it permanently stains the user interface by having an extra icon of a gem I never intend to level on my inventory.

I'm with the majority here-- a higher level gem should generally be better, not situationaly better.
-
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Mar 3, 2014, 1:58:10 PM
Last edited by unicornx2 on Mar 9, 2014, 2:23:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info