Cast on Crit

"
Xapti wrote:
"
Is a trap considered a spell under these conditions?
Lightning Trap is boosted by spell damage, but I'm unsure if it would work or not.
Look at the tags/descriptor. Traps are tagged/described as a spell. The fact that sell damage buffs it is full support that it would work, as well (I don't know why you were unsure)
"
Kaskar wrote:
3) Will triggered spells like Ice Spear also trigger Cast on Crit?
This support triggers on supported attacks, and outputs spells.

My uncertainty stems from how bear trap, while being tagged a spell, doesn't get buffs from spell damage. So While lightning trap will possibly work, maybe bear trap won't, or maybe both won't work because of how confusing traps are with their tags not always being compatible.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
The gem doesn't work with bear, fire and other traps!

Using "trap" support you first cast a trap, then it triggers and shoots an arrow.
Tooltip includes "spells on crit", but they are never cast. Same with ranged attack totem, it shoots arrows, but never cast supported spells.

Xapti is probably right regarding targeting, but it's still unclear. First, I learned that it can target barrels and other shit. Second, I replaced a spell with firestorm, destroyed all barrels in vicinity, and began shooting. Some firestorms targeted enemies, some targeted myself, and I can't understand why. Cold snap behavior is the same.

The gem can cast totems, including "spell totem" supported, lightning warps, curses, but not traps and auras.
"
Xapti wrote:
"
Is a trap considered a spell under these conditions?
Lightning Trap is boosted by spell damage, but I'm unsure if it would work or not.
Look at the tags/descriptor. Traps are tagged/described as a spell. The fact that sell damage buffs it is full support that it would work, as well (I don't know why you were unsure)
"
Kaskar wrote:
3) Will triggered spells like Ice Spear also trigger Cast on Crit?
This support triggers on supported attacks, and outputs spells.

I humbly ask to excuse me, I read gem uncarefully.

So, could you please answer second question as it is crucial for my future build.
Hateful post.
What if you do something like
Lightning Arrow + Chain + Cast on Crit + Spark + Spark + Spark

?
"
Zakon3 wrote:
What if you do something like
Lightning Arrow + Chain + Cast on Crit + Spark + Spark + Spark

?

Only the highest level spark would be cast.

This gem is barely usable without a 6L, can't say I like much its design. The way it works is also annoyingly convoluted.
Last edited by SmilingCat on Oct 27, 2013, 8:45:37 AM
How does this gem interact with lesser (greater) multiple projectiles?
E.g. Burning Arrow+LMP+Cast on Crit+Fireball.

Does it mean, that i shoot multiple Burning arrows, and once I cirt,
all the monster that got hit by arrow have a chance to be struck by multiple fireballs?
"
How does this gem interact with lesser (greater) multiple projectiles?
E.g. Burning Arrow+LMP+Cast on Crit+Fireball.

Does it mean, that i shoot multiple Burning arrows, and once I cirt,
all the monster that got hit by arrow have a chance to be struck by multiple fireballs?

This seems to be correct.

Currently I am using Lightning Arrow + Cast on Crit + GMP + Arctic Breath. I shoot five lightning arrows that each hit 4 enemies (sometimes some enemies get hit by two different arrows). Effectively, I am hitting enemies 20 times per shot. Everytime I crit, each of the 20 hits seems to trigger a GMP Arctic Breath. This currently utterly destroys large packs of mobs and covers half the screen with icy ground. It is visually awesome. I'm planning on adding Chain once I get a five link so that I will be effectively hitting mobs up to 60 times per skill cast.
Spectral Throw + GMP + Cast on Crit + Cold Penetration + Ice Spear + Arctic Breath.

Pure torture ensues.
Quite loving this gem, it's even useful with base crit chance, though boosting it obviously helps. I may even try making a Wander that uses Cast on Crit to both cast spells and gain power charges.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
Last edited by Epicly_Curious on Oct 28, 2013, 1:14:47 AM
Why this gem work only for attacks?
▄█▀█▀█
"
_Madus wrote:
Why this gem work only for attacks?

Because pumping five Ice Spears with 80% Chance to Crit that proc themselves is OP as shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info