Cast on Crit

"
Kiriak wrote:
It doesn't appear to work correctly with power charge on critical.
When cast on crit procs, it removes all the power charges.

I hope that's a bug :( someone of GGG can confirm?

I trying to play with quillrain and splitarrow+power charge on crit+cast on crit+cold snap+ice nova (or shock nova). With a lot of crit chance, attack speed and some frost spell damage :)
Last edited by _Vinushka_ on Oct 25, 2013, 11:29:47 AM
Tested it a bit with my ranger, and it's really instresting and strange gem.

It has a chance to cast a spell for each enemy hit by crit no matter what. It proc'd more than once even with a single lightning arrow hitting multiple enemies. This is promising.

Chance to cast is rolled independently for each enemy hit.

Spell projectile direction is the same as attack's more often than not. Sometimes it shoots randomly. It may target cursor position when a spell is cast, but it is not always true (or my cursor moves when I don't touch it).
Wow, I didnt realize it had a chance to proc more than once per attack. That's insane!
IGN: Iolar
Disappointed by this gem. My crit-guy doesn't have any room to spare in supporting his main attack. Mostly, I was hoping this gem wouldn't have to be linked to the attack skill in question: what I wanted to do with it was make an easy way to keep my skeleton/zombie meatwall fresh. I'd love it if the gem was changed to a much lower % chance to proc, but where you didn't have to link it to the attack (and where it only procs once per ability use, like everything else, because otherwise HOLY CRAP)
dont think this was answered but,

when u crit and the spell is casted

does that spell crit aswell with your main attack or w/e u use
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Spell projectile direction is the same as attack's more often than not. Sometimes it shoots randomly. It may target cursor position when a spell is cast, but it is not always true (or my cursor moves when I don't touch it).
If I was to guess, it'd say it targets the closest target. That's how flicker strike works if you don't provide a target, and I think that's how totems target?

To use this support you need minimum 3 sockets? that seems pretty lame. Seems like it would only be useful for people who have like 6 sockets to play with. The biggest problem is figuring out what sort of supports you can use to support both a spell and an attack.
Critical multiplier/chance, elemental penetration, added fire damage? Quite a stretch...
Oh there's multiple projectiles...
so something like Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Lightning Arrow, Cast on Crit, lightning penetration, spark
Or perhaps better: swap spark and LMP with chain and arc or lightning trap

Even then, I'm sure unsure how effective this would be compared to just putting 2 better supports on the attack skill. The biggest reason is that you would need both spell damage and attack damage to make both effective, which dilutes power. Critical doesn't dilute, but many critical nodes&mods are spell-only or attack-only which would still cause dilution issues.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 26, 2013, 2:16:05 PM
"
Benu wrote:
Yeah... I thought I can link it to a spell and whenever I crit with an attack it would procc. What happens if I link multiple spells with it? Will all be cast? Will it choose one?

I'd rather it worked that way and have a much smaller chance to proc(15-20%),it feels odd the way it works now.I once made a suggestion before these were even mentioned coming into the game that a Proc could be done through an aura(although with the aura changes might not be as appealing).As it is it does seem like cast on damage taken is far more appealing.
1) So, if you are using crit Split Arrow, and it Chains, you get multiple chances rolled?

2) What about Cold Snap? Will it roll chance for each enemy hit by crit? Or only once?

3) Will triggered spells like Ice Spear also trigger Cast on Crit?
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on Oct 26, 2013, 10:07:32 AM
Is a trap considered a spell under these conditions?
Lightning Trap is boosted by spell damage, but I'm unsure if it would work or not.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
"
Is a trap considered a spell under these conditions?
Lightning Trap is boosted by spell damage, but I'm unsure if it would work or not.
Look at the tags/descriptor. Traps are tagged/described as a spell. The fact that sell damage buffs it is full support that it would work, as well (I don't know why you were unsure)
"
Kaskar wrote:
3) Will triggered spells like Ice Spear also trigger Cast on Crit?
This support triggers on supported attacks, and outputs spells.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 26, 2013, 1:52:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info