Cast on Crit

I tried it with Lightning Warp - it's kinda fun but not terribly effective as it seems there can be only one Warp animation going on and the real power of this support gem is multicrit spell spamming.
"
azmodael wrote:
I tried it with Lightning Warp - it's kinda fun but not terribly effective as it seems there can be only one Warp animation going on.

Sad news.

Any update with Cast on Crit + Power Charge on Critical power charges disappearance bug?
Hateful post.
Currently attempting Ranger Acrobatics Dagger+Shield Spectral Throw build with Freezing Pulse. If my calculations are corrent it should be completely devastating to the point that I have no idea how i should counter reflect mobs -.- Ondar's Guile will help against the daggers, and Spell Dodge should help some against FP. Hope it's enough :S

ST-GMP-CastonCrit-FreezPulse-LifeLeech(-Fireball? when 6l)

I am thinking of using Cast on Damage linked with PCoC, Ice Spear and Enduring Cry/Enfeeble to support Power Charges.

It should be done easily with Aegis Aurora, but I am on Domination and unlikely to get my hands on one anytime soon.
Last edited by azmodael on Oct 29, 2013, 3:46:33 PM
Currently attempting for a Scion build with:

Spectral Throw, LMP (or GMP), Faster Projectile (or Added Fire Dmg), Increase Critical Chance, Cast on Crit, Ethernal Knives

Idea is to have the synergy between the projectiles bonus damages for Spectral Throw AND Ethernal Knives.
I want to use a Staves for this because of the mode that only staves can have as a 2H weapon like 30% increase Fire dmg.

But as my Scion is on Domination, it will take time to find the stuff for this.

Did someone try if Cast on Crit can proc Ethernal Knives?
"
Akaihana wrote:
Did someone try if Cast on Crit can proc Ethernal Knives?
I tried. It can. The only downside I see is that LMP/GMP adds little to EK (moving from 9 projectiles to 13 is not the same as from 1 to 5).
Last edited by SunnyRay on Oct 30, 2013, 11:02:07 AM
A nice boost you get for using EK is it can be supported by Hatred Aura, and by Additional Fire damage support gem, so both these things would affect the attack itself (Spectral Throw) and the spell. Good synergy.

Edit: I wanted to make a dagger build that did this using reave, if reave stacks don't break when the spell procs. That way there is no need for LMP/GMP which I feel actually weakens EK more than helps it. Plus the conical attack shape on both would make sense together for positioning's sake. I don't get to play much lately so I have not been able to test reave with this support.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Oct 30, 2013, 12:31:32 PM
GMP Spectral Throw + EK is horrible because you get reduced EK damage from the GMP gem.
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
I'd like to know how the spells cast from Cast on Critical Strike interacts with Physical Reflect and Elemental Reflect and Lightning Thorns
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
"
Krabbsatan wrote:
I'd like to know how the spells cast from Cast on Critical Strike interacts with Physical Reflect and Elemental Reflect and Lightning Thorns
if the spell is EK, then physical reflect will trigger.
if the spell is elemental by any means, then it triggers ele reflect.
the spell WILL hit the foe unless it takes time to travel and the foe was moving too fast, then thorns will trigger because foe was hit (if the spell reached that is).
Upon precisely what event does this support activate? Any melee or ranged 'hit' which deals damage which is critical?

I.e. will cyclone, which rolls for critical only once per activation but can hit many times during that activation, proc the support for every 'tick' of damage? For every 'tick' of damage, for every mob hit?

Likewise, will crits on melee skills (e.g. doublestrike) with melee splash proc the support once for each target hit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info