Path of Exile Release Media Coverage (Updated!)

Did you guys set a moratorium on desync-related questions for these interviews? Ive watched three of them so far and not a single mention, which is rather odd considering desync is one of the games most blatant, obvious and most commented-on issues.

Hard to imagine not even one well-worded desync question cropped up in the reddit interview either, even after the heavy cherry-picking those questions would have undergone to begin with.
IGN: KoTao
Such a dick move releasing the game about the same time arkham origins comes out.
Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.
It's to promote the game, it's pretty obvious they won't discuss about negative aspects of it...
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Kiri2k wrote:
It's to promote the game, it's pretty obvious they won't discuss about negative aspects of it...

+1 for common sense.

Go to a car show, see someone interviewing the guy by the new sports car, you won't hear him say something like "this thing does get horrible gas mileage though, can you comment on that?"
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Can we buy that poster with the Scion on it?
Wait.. NOW i can talk about that new class after seeing it in action on monday.. Awesome! heres hoping you guys will be able to fix a few of the things with the scion. Im hoping you guys have fixed the little issue of the armor dieing in almost 2secs. Im going to love the throw on it thro but its that armor thats got me a little worried. But no matter im sure you'll fix it all up in time :D. cant wait till the new mobs in those new areas!
IGN: Tempeststorm
waiting excited
Onslaught.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
Raghin wrote:
please tell me that skill tree we saw in the demo video isnt final? the idea of you cutting off the reasonable access route to the opposite end of the tree is HORRIFYING. that would kill A LOT of builds. so if it is the planned final? I URGE YOU TO RECONSIDER.

yes the new class having access to all areas is nice, but if your neutering us players that like to go from templar to ranger tree, or some other central route, your effectively lowering the possible builds available, which is definitely the opposite of what your trying/wanting to do.

for anyone that wishes to see what im talking about, look at 1:46 of the gamespot video. they effectively made it so that the only character that has full access to the tree, is the new class, and if you wanna get to other end of tree now? you gotta go all the way around dat circle.

on that note, love all the new gems that they displayed. gonna make me a badass ice trigger templar. freeze all yo asses with glacial hammer while being defended by ice nova and cold snap.

Disconnecting the center is a good move. Right now each build can easily be done by 3-4 different classes with minor changes. After the change each class will be more unique.

yes but it also screws me if i want to start ranger, go around to duelist for movement, go up and around for the ev nodes, then swing through into shadow tree for shield nodes. i was literally just about to make a char like that b4 i saw the new stuff, was gonna go bear trap, conversion trap, multitrap support on both, with shielding that would block spell damage and evasion with block to avoid melee. MESSIN WITH MAH MOJO YOH.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
i immediately opened all of them and realized that i couldnt possible read all of them.
"
Raghin wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
Raghin wrote:
please tell me that skill tree we saw in the demo video isnt final? the idea of you cutting off the reasonable access route to the opposite end of the tree is HORRIFYING. that would kill A LOT of builds. so if it is the planned final? I URGE YOU TO RECONSIDER.

yes the new class having access to all areas is nice, but if your neutering us players that like to go from templar to ranger tree, or some other central route, your effectively lowering the possible builds available, which is definitely the opposite of what your trying/wanting to do.

for anyone that wishes to see what im talking about, look at 1:46 of the gamespot video. they effectively made it so that the only character that has full access to the tree, is the new class, and if you wanna get to other end of tree now? you gotta go all the way around dat circle.

on that note, love all the new gems that they displayed. gonna make me a badass ice trigger templar. freeze all yo asses with glacial hammer while being defended by ice nova and cold snap.

Disconnecting the center is a good move. Right now each build can easily be done by 3-4 different classes with minor changes. After the change each class will be more unique.

yes but it also screws me if i want to start ranger, go around to duelist for movement, go up and around for the ev nodes, then swing through into shadow tree for shield nodes. i was literally just about to make a char like that b4 i saw the new stuff, was gonna go bear trap, conversion trap, multitrap support on both, with shielding that would block spell damage and evasion with block to avoid melee. MESSIN WITH MAH MOJO YOH.

My main char is a duelist that uses claw and goes for Eldrich Battery in order to support Arctic armour and cast attacks from mana (7 aps)... As far as I can tell, there will be no way to build anything like that after the patch.

I'm excited about all the new gems and new stuff, but I'm also sad about my duelist.. I had a lot of fun playing a very unique build that will no longer be possible. I don't see the thousands of Sporkers being affected in any way, so it is mainly hurting build diversity.
IGN: @Pieja (SC) @PiejClaw (HC) @PiejaFire (Rampage)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info