Help Determine Increasesd Item Rarity Mechanics!

"
Rhys wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Any arbitrary drop has a certain chance to be upgraded to magic, any drop that does has anohter chance to upgrade to rare, and any rare drop then has another chance to upgrade to unique. IIR increases the first chance - the chance an item will drop as (at least) magic. By doing so, this has a knock-on effect on the other rarities - if twice as many items drop as at least magic, and N% of magics upgrade again to rare, then, twice as many items will drop as rare, since the same n% is applied to a greater number, and the same again for uniqe.

Actually, it hasn't worked like that for some time. It currently rolls for Unique first, then if that fails, it rolls for Rare, then Magic, etc. +IIR is applied to every roll (with diminishing returns).
Please provide more information on diminishing returns. :)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Any arbitrary drop has a certain chance to be upgraded to magic, any drop that does has anohter chance to upgrade to rare, and any rare drop then has another chance to upgrade to unique. IIR increases the first chance - the chance an item will drop as (at least) magic. By doing so, this has a knock-on effect on the other rarities - if twice as many items drop as at least magic, and N% of magics upgrade again to rare, then, twice as many items will drop as rare, since the same n% is applied to a greater number, and the same again for uniqe.

Actually, it hasn't worked like that for some time. It currently rolls for Unique first, then if that fails, it rolls for Rare, then Magic, etc. +IIR is applied to every roll (with diminishing returns).

So how are currency drops factored into this? Does it roll it before the "is it unique/rare/magic roll first?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
Rhys wrote:

Awesome. Figures that it worked a bit differently than Mark described it. Thanks! :D
"
liquidSG wrote:
So how are currency drops factored into this? Does it roll it before the "is it unique/rare/magic roll first?

It rolls rarity first, because if it rolls Unique it handles that differently (not caring about base type). If it isn't Unique, then it rolls a random item "normally". If that item doesn't care about rarity (e.g. currency) then the rarity is ignored.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Please provide more information on diminishing returns. :)

It's a seeeeecret~ :)
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

BS or prove it
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Last edited by typ3r on Oct 1, 2013, 10:14:28 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I don't know if this is more amusing or bewildering. I guess not everyone needs to know how each mechanic works, and there are certainly experts in different areas, but to see you guys correcting yourselves made me tilt my head a bit. How does this happen? No internal memo on loot? LOL
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
but to see you guys correcting yourselves made me tilt my head a bit. How does this happen? No internal memo on loot? LOL

Trolls everywhere
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Last edited by typ3r on Oct 1, 2013, 10:33:22 PM
"
typ3r wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
but to see you guys correcting yourselves made me tilt my head a bit. How does this happen? No internal memo on loot? LOL

Trolls everywhere

Really? I found it amusing that Mark wasn't up to speed on Loot rolls, and I'm a troll. Well played forum hero.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
They are both programmers but Mark probably has not been involved with coding any loot based features for a long time whereas Rhys probably has. Not very surprising imo.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
They are both programmers but Mark probably has not been involved with coding any loot based features for a long time whereas Rhys probably has. Not very surprising imo.

Fine, understandable, and valid. Then don't post about it.
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info