Please vote on the finalists of the Well-dressed Exile Competition!

Which Exile is the best dressed?

TheAnuhart
32112.12%
laposbivaly
1013.81%
antonowitch
1164.38%
Kindred1
37614.2%
xandro
83331.46%
Fiveby5
1244.68%
Ezhiel
2388.99%
hybTM
1003.78%
Jozen
32012.08%
Nephalim
1194.49%
Hooray, Exalted Supporters win another supporter pack... This is just hilarious. Slowly losing faith in GGG's work.

xandro deserves it.
Last edited by klayveR on Sep 26, 2013, 10:46:12 AM
"
klayveR wrote:
Hooray, Exalted Supporters win another supporter pack... This is just hilarious. Slowly losing faith in GGG's work.

xandro deserves it.

xandro used more mtx than most others; he` s just hiding that he bought a supporter pack; don`t let him troll you ;)
ign: oberarmklaus
Last edited by vorkasse on Sep 26, 2013, 10:49:12 AM
Went with xandros in the end but wish I could give a second vote for Jozen as well!
Rampage IGN: Rangerooni
Guess I liked Xandro the most, even though I was expecting ggg would go in the end for "the simpler the better", just because most of ppl dont have/dont want to spend money to buy microtransactions (not my case, although I didn't apply many effects on my char). My vote goes for him because, besides looking harmonic and terrifying, he doesn't got any supporter pack as far as I know :p

EDIT: at first when I saw many ppl posting pictures of their chars with tons of microtransactions, I though "these probably won't be nominated, because it would be some sort of pay to win competition and that's not what ggg wants". But since basically all of the entries got at least some microtransactions, I don't see a problem on voting on the one that, even though it has shitloads of effects, looks the most consistent and clearly has a theme going on (that's a scary bloody marauder indeed). I have to admit, I never really liked the demon horns or whatever it's called, but somehow it matches the whole outfit. And yes, Xandro may be hiding his supporter pack, but oh well, even if he was an eternal supporter, I guess I'd still vote for him. We'll never know =o
"Give up everything in pursuit of Greatness - even Life itself".

First Mirror Drop: 09/01/2023 - Defiled Cathedral - Sanctum League.
Last edited by Galaxdriel on Sep 26, 2013, 11:26:52 AM
Well. i didnt make it in time and the thread got closed before i posted my stuff, but checking the finalists i am very sure i never would have stood a chance.

Minimalistic approaches, actually standing in town, shots from the back? especially the first one really hurt youre chances, which is kinda sad. i have to second lethal / nzrock. all of those Styles he mentioned involve a lot more creativity then the actual finalists. It should be about the characters, a consistant theme and not the amount of Particles emitted. Please, title the next thread appropriately that you prefer Shop-loaded advertising columns like the existing rogue exiles, there is nothing "well dressed" about at least half of the Finalists.

Now for a more indepth rating of the finalists

1. Nephalim, clipping helm effect is top tier why?
2. Jozen, to dark to evulate the color scheme. quite standard.
3. hybTM, gets exeptinally better without the effect.
4. Ezhiel, flashy, but in a good way. would be interested to see it without the effects. my personal favorite.
5. Fiveby5, Judge dreddish, i like! helm effect fits perfectly. not so sure about the shield. all in all, very worthy of top 10
6. The Anuhart, Actually not "that" overloaded. i cant see a consisting theme in this one. seems quite random and tucked on.
7. Xandro. Dark evil and bulky. cant see much, but the shoes, pet and weapon actually seem to contribute to the look. not bad. that chest and helm is overdone though, especially on marauder.
8. Kindred1. Remindes me of a Faraday cage which is quite clever with the electricity going on.
9. laposbivaly. tucked on effects. Rape pictures are tasteless, why did this get nominated?
10. antonowitch. Maximum Bloodeffects on all but the weapons? Helm effect seems unnecessary. the shadow pants kinda and shoes hurt the look, but seems promising. i wonder how it would look on different classes?

finally. posting my girls because it took effort. and yes, my equip sucks ;P

... well ... i don'T understand why poeple who broke the rules of the contest get nominated. stupid.
"
Rasati wrote:

Spoiler
Well. i didnt make it in time and the thread got closed before i posted my stuff, but checking the finalists i am very sure i never would have stood a chance.

Minimalistic approaches, actually standing in town, shots from the back? especially the first one really hurt youre chances, which is kinda sad. i have to second lethal / nzrock. all of those Styles he mentioned involve a lot more creativity then the actual finalists. It should be about the characters, a consistant theme and not the amount of Particles emitted. Please, title the next thread appropriately that you prefer Shop-loaded advertising columns like the existing rogue exiles, there is nothing "well dressed" about at least half of the Finalists.

Now for a more indepth rating of the finalists

1. Nephalim, clipping helm effect is top tier why?
2. Jozen, to dark to evulate the color scheme. quite standard.
3. hybTM, gets exeptinally better without the effect.
4. Ezhiel, flashy, but in a good way. would be interested to see it without the effects. my personal favorite.
5. Fiveby5, Judge dreddish, i like! helm effect fits perfectly. not so sure about the shield. all in all, very worthy of top 10
6. The Anuhart, Actually not "that" overloaded. i cant see a consisting theme in this one. seems quite random and tucked on.
7. Xandro. Dark evil and bulky. cant see much, but the shoes, pet and weapon actually seem to contribute to the look. not bad. that chest and helm is overdone though, especially on marauder.
8. Kindred1. Remindes me of a Faraday cage which is quite clever with the electricity going on.
9. laposbivaly. tucked on effects. Rape pictures are tasteless, why did this get nominated?
10. antonowitch. Maximum Bloodeffects on all but the weapons? Helm effect seems unnecessary. the shadow pants kinda and shoes hurt the look, but seems promising. i wonder how it would look on different classes?

finally. posting my girls because it took effort. and yes, my equip sucks ;P

Spoiler

I liked your first witch, looks like a wild huntress =) and her look is quite simple, would go for her if she was in the finals =p

Last edited by Galaxdriel on Sep 26, 2013, 11:20:05 AM
I followed this competition because I was curious to see if there would be any finalists without microtransaction item effects. It appears that they all have them, which is somewhat disappointing to see from GGG.

It's fine for a dev team to think that their paid item effects look great, but probably not good judgement to base a contest or finalist list around.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Galaxdriel wrote:
Guess I liked Xandro the most, even though I was expecting ggg would go in the end for "the simpler the better", just because most of ppl dont have/dont want to spend money to buy microtransactions (not my case, although I didn't apply many effects on my char). My vote goes for him because, besides looking harmonic and terrifying, he doesn't got any supporter pack as far as I know :p
Are you guys just trolling me now? Do not vote for this reason. GGG can verify if he has a supporter pack, but it should not be factor that you consider in your vote.
Facepalm

At the end of the day I am happy if you vote for whoever you think looks good, but I do not want to see that exile while I am playing path of exile.

xandro is getting sympathy votes because people dont think he has a pack, which may or may not be true (no way to prove that without GGG telling us, which they shouldnt because its private and xandro should tell us)
"
Metronomy wrote:

Spoiler
"
Galaxdriel wrote:
Are you guys just trolling me now? Do not vote for this reason. GGG can verify if he has a supporter pack, but it should not be factor that you consider in your vote.
Facepalm

At the end of the day I am happy if you vote for whoever you think looks good, but I do not want to see that exile while I am playing path of exile.

xandro is getting sympathy votes because people dont think he has a pack, which may or may not be true (no way to prove that without GGG telling us, which they shouldnt because its private and xandro should tell us)
Spoiler

Did u read what i wrote after that ("edit")? I wrote that after I saw comments (I think it was yours) saying that he could be hiding his supporter pack =]
Id probably have gone for him anyway, as I said, we'll never know if the fact he didn't show a pack was somehow decisive or not, but I don't think so. And I don't see a reason not to like him as a rogue exile, he would scare the shit out of me =o but that's personal and I respect your opinion, so please, respect mine =)

Last edited by Galaxdriel on Sep 26, 2013, 11:39:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info