[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Getting 6 sockets first is really the right way to go because it's actualy easier to get 5L on a 6socket item compared to 5 linking a 5 socket item.

Is it really though? Because you have to include the chances of actually getting 6 sockets.

On another item, I tried like 10 times with full blacksmith stones and didn't get above 4 the whole time.

It just seems more worth it for the time being to continue farming until I find enough stuff to reroll the sockets.

If I end up getting stuck at under 5 sockets I'm up a very brown creek.

But maybe your point was that I should just leave it alone until I can afford to dump like 100 jeweller's at it.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 28, 2014, 2:51:19 PM
"
Sicyo wrote:

But maybe your point was that I should just leave it alone until I can afford to dump like 100 jeweller's at it.

Exactly!

Btw i just want add to that linking a chest > linking a weapon. Because there are more builds for witch you can use a chest than a weapon!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 28, 2014, 2:57:14 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Sicyo wrote:

Exactly!

Btw i just want add to that linking a chest > linking a weapon. Because there are more builds for witch you can use a chest than a weapon!

That's the plan, although I really like this staff build.

Maybe I'll get a chest with evasion, life, res, and block recovery. Strength would be nice too but I'm dreaming.
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 28, 2014, 3:04:48 PM
getting pure evasion chest is not a good idea because the coloring would be hard for.. pretty much everything. Try to get armour/evasion chest for better coloring options. Or pure armour if you want to stick to melee builds
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Yeah I was planning on that, but hoping for bonuses that lean towards evasion.

I changed the build up a bit, I use Acrobatics.
There was a guy who tried acrobatics - he came to the conclusion that it's not a good idea in the endgame. But maybe it will work better for you :)
Btw don't neglect block chance since you use staff.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 28, 2014, 3:24:19 PM
Of course!

I might pull the points out of Acrobatics eventually. But for the time being I like having that extra benefit.

I generally stick with what I'm doing until I run into a wall, when I try mixing things up.

I'll link a build or two tonight so it paints a clearer picture :)
Here is current passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0FtQzyEuEUTRUgGtsn7SpNLOkwcTGeNdY6QjrhPC0-zz8nQKBFCkd-Sn1KyEt4TP9OKlFHVvpaGluvYEthIWVNZ6Bqk25pcql07XrvfNmC5IM4hNmE74dqh3aKr42_kBGQbJkrnrmiAKXLpleplKvFrKqvbLZBtz69gb3mvqe-vMAPxBXE9sWKxqLGrtJN1CPV7d0N3ajuDu988B_yRfPd9Mb5Y_zF_go=

I originally built this character with an open mind for what my weapon choice would be. I know I wanted to go 2hand and I was thinking about getting Wings eventually, but the staves happened.

Here's what it would look like at 94 points, assuming I get more resists from gear and keep Acrobatics:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gavFR35lTYTZbmmplL6nkGzSTYdqwA9hIdXthO8S4WqTdO22QXrvTipaGmBLW68FLd0NQKAs6fzFnrkVIFb6Z6AqTe4Oh3Y_JxrbI_ZKfUrI-WPv8G6qveZaSLXyNZKsWYjx52P-Crc-xq48LUz_xPavbMQVJ-3Fikou892sqvAfkwe5Q3KpogBFjqelfNkUTb05gzi3cu981Ys-z1FHjb8FtdQj3ajGojBxS3g6QgzypcuquKp_jX0=

Here's what it would look like if I get insanely lucky and get Bringer of Rain or somehow otherwise incorporate blind:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gavFR35lTYTZbmmplL6nkGzSTYdqwA9hIdXthO8S4WqTdO22QXrvTipaGmBLW68FLd0NQKAs6fzFnrkVIFb6Z6AqTe4Oh3Y_JxrbI_ZKfUrI-WPv8G6qveZaSLXyNZKsWYjx52P-Crc-xq48LUz_xPavbMQVJ-3Fikou892sqvAfkwe5Q3KpogBFjqelfNkUTb05gzi3cu981YuKIsDzfPXApimlqWgPVIp0RHKExP6PTeOmVzGe

Of course, questions & criticisms are welcome :)
Well looks good to me.

I just want to shed some light over the evasion/dodge vs armour thing.

pros of evasion/dodge
+You have a pretty good chace to evade/dodge an attack which is 100% damage mitigation
+You can make a good use of the Blind of the BoR

-If you don't dodge/block/evade many things in the endgame that deal physical damage will one-shot you and when you are level 85+ you can't allow that because you'll never level up
-You can get stunned... you'll have alot of life and this will happen very rarely but it can happen on rare occasions and it is potentialy deadly.
-If you don't dodge/block/evade and you have alot of damage you will die due to reflect

Btw if you decide to go for Acrobatics ( which i would actualy want you to do because i've always liked the idea behind the mechanics of the dodge/evade ) you might want to use Darresso's Defiance for the extra 6% dodge and the endurance charges per kill.. you'll need them. Too bad that you can't use Darkray Vector boots for extra 16% dodge! With all that you'll be at 62% chance to dodge and that's insane!

You know what? It might actualy work with the right items! You just need to figure out how to use Darkray's instead of Blood Dance and still be able to run Blood Rage... i mean you can stack chaos res and get more life regen.. hmm ... interesting possibility...
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 28, 2014, 5:34:56 PM
Theoretically I could also do Lightning Coil + Darkray vectors, assuming I could negate blood rage somewhere else.

I've always been a fan of doing things differently.

My buddy who got me into the game is going into fits because I'm not going sword/board with enfeeble lol
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 28, 2014, 5:36:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info