PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

0.11.5 Deployment Timeline and Skin Transfer Video

The Skin Transfer MTX looks interesting and is definitely a positive step toward greater character customisation. For my part, I'd like to see a small bundle for this item so that players are able to customise all the visually represented gear if they so choose, but within reason. For example, I would like to see a Witch be able to rock something sinister like a Plague Mask replacing a Circlet, but I would not like to see a Duelist rocking Axe skins over Swords. The former just looks cool and isn't going to confer anything other than a cool look, while the latter can mask what weapons a player is actually using and create an unfair advantage in PvP.

That aside, is there any news on looking toward being able to customise gender (whether with a MTX or a normal game setting) or something like changing hair style and/or colour? This isn't anything critical or absolutely necessary but would be a nice added feature.

And I have to stop typing now because my pug decided that playing tug is much more important than adding to a discussion on the PoE forums. XD
I'd give you 1000 MTX Points to be able to play a Templar that uses the Shadow skin. Do it now!!

On-topic: How many charges do we get, and for how much? Cuz from what I saw Reclaiming doesn't get the charge back. If one was to use a charge each time they changed gear while leveling up a new alt, they'd go through tons of charges for the SAME item... That seems rather wasteful. >_<
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
after the large-scale balance changes in October's 1.0.0 patch and full release.

so youll again not test LARGE SCALE balance changes before release?

i thought that some of the Open Beta last-minute changes (That proved.. not so wise) would have taught you to not do that.

if you dont test that stuff earlier be sure that all exploitable builds will emerge in 6like days and then - given your less than stellar record of fixing broken things (spork.. cough.. spork..) - it will remain forever so dumbing this game with no next release to look forward to

Late reply, but whatever do you mean? Of course those things are tested, just not on the Beta server :P
The game's scale is huge, so it's obvious there will be a lot of stuff to test and sometimes bugs and things will slip through, which is why the game is in Beta.

PS. Not only is your grammar bad, but it feels like a troll post :/
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Sep 4, 2013, 8:58:28 PM
"
nzrock wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
after the large-scale balance changes in October's 1.0.0 patch and full release.

so youll again not test LARGE SCALE balance changes before release?

i thought that some of the Open Beta last-minute changes (That proved.. not so wise) would have taught you to not do that.

if you dont test that stuff earlier be sure that all exploitable builds will emerge in 6like days and then - given your less than stellar record of fixing broken things (spork.. cough.. spork..) - it will remain forever so dumbing this game with no next release to look forward to

PS. troll post :/
As mentioned in some earlier post the PvP confusion... is the skin transfer limited to like armor types the video shows armor+evasion skin being applied to armor+evasion item. Is it possible to apply Armor skin to ES chest? sword on sword vs sword on staff etc...
Please tell me I can put fairgraves tricorne skin on my helmet!!
"
illestmuzik wrote:
better put some new content out soon man this games getting boring as F...

You might wanna start play a mmorpg, this is a arpg and its all about grinding the same content until you get bored (witch stays true in mmorpg aswell i guess, just in a bigger scale and in a raid (pve) or battlegroup (pvp). You could also try real life I've heard there are allot of stuff to explore while being bored on a game. gl hf

GGG are planing to give out new content now and then though as (I see it) a bonus. D2 was able to humor me over a 12-13 year (on/off playing) period without any additional content after the first 4 years
"
mrgrin wrote:
"
illestmuzik wrote:
better put some new content out soon man this games getting boring as F...

You might wanna start play a mmorpg, this is a arpg and its all about grinding the same content until you get bored (witch stays true in mmorpg aswell i guess, just in a bigger scale and in a raid (pve) or battlegroup (pvp). You could also try real life I've heard there are allot of stuff to explore while being bored on a game. gl hf

GGG are planing to give out new content now and then though as (I see it) a bonus. D2 was able to humor me over a 12-13 year (on/off playing) period without any additional content after the first 4 years

MMORPGs were supposed to be virtual worlds, now they are precious little aside from bloated ARPGs done poorly. In the years I've played MMORPGs I noticed that the content that made them virtual worlds (narrative, quests with some depth despite having to reuse mechanics, meaningful crafting, et al.) were being stripped down and trivialised, development teams putting a greater focus on more raids, dungeons and bloated combat. Unfortunately, these teams often saved the most interesting combat mechanics for raids and 'hard mode' dungeons...and I believe it was just to give people who didn't truly want to play a MMORPG something to do. Their players craved action but didn't seem to get that what they really wanted was an ARPG.

Path of Exile doesn't need more content, but it could certainly use more content. However, it only could use more content insofar as it helps to deepen the game's existing narrative. Part of what makes PoE such a kickass game is that it's not combat for the sake of combat, there is a compelling story that makes the combat understandable and rewarding. Every aspect of the game except for how loot drops (read: leather armour dropping off of a rhoa) ties neatly into the game's narrative, it's really fantastic.

As a final point...let's not stoop to telling people to 'try real life'. That's pretty fuckin' childish, dudebro.
I miss you sexy Voice chris please bring back build of the week!

It would be a tragedy for the female youtupe population not getting the opportunity to hear that voice.

It would be like life without Sinatra in the 50´s
"
large-scale balance changes in October's 1.0.0 patch and full release.

Why not drop them on us now so we can test them before 1.0?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info