0.11.5 Deployment Timeline and Skin Transfer Video

So we have to pay for transmog ? lol
would like a comment from GGG in reply to all the people crying out not to add this AD footprint from Razer in the game .

there needs to be some feedback about, because a lot of player of Path of Exile have an issue with this !
"
Argdel wrote:
I dont know if I missed this question or response somewhere, but will we be able to skin say an ES robe to look like plate? Or an EV/AR helm to look like EV helm etc? Or must they be an exact match both hybrid and pure?

"
Chris wrote:
I believe the armour types are cross-compatible. There's a lot of internal discussion about the merits of this.

So, as far as Chris knows, yes you can make an EV/AR helm look like an EV helm.

"
PixelTerror wrote:
Do I need to buy more of these to use more skinned items at the same time?
Can I use and one handed skin on a one handed weapon?
Like use a wand skin for a sword?

"
Chris wrote:
You can only change hammers to look liker hammers or wands to look like wands, etc. It doesn't affect skills.

So no wand skin on a sword...

"
Exlander wrote:
would like a comment from GGG in reply to all the people crying out not to add this AD footprint from Razer in the game .

there needs to be some feedback about, because a lot of player of Path of Exile have an issue with this !

"
Chris wrote:
... We have listened to the feedback from the community members who felt that they don't fit into our world. The footprints are not the first step in a slippery slope - they're as far as we're willing to go. I'm sorry to everyone who was upset by them, that wasn't the intention.

There ya go: A comment from GGG :)
"
Exlander wrote:

Hi there,

Please check out these quotes from Chris about this:

"
Chris wrote:
We're very aware that many company logos wouldn't fit in the PoE game world. We've turned down offers from a lot of companies because what they asked for would upset us as gamers. Razer is different for a few reasons. Their logo fits well with the game world and their company culture is very similar to ours. I spent some time with their CEO earlier this year - he is a true gamer and an awesome guy. The software that is being promoted is actually useful for playing PoE, because we don't have voice chat built into the client at this stage.
Partnerships like this (where we can find ones that don't hurt the game) are really important for the future of PoE. I share just as much concern as you do about bad partnerships hurting the game, and will make sure that doesn't happen.

"
Chris wrote:
We have listened to the feedback from the community members who felt that they don't fit into our world. The footprints are not the first step in a slippery slope - they're as far as we're willing to go. I'm sorry to everyone who was upset by them, that wasn't the intention.

Edit: - Damn, GoatEatingToilet beat me!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Just leveling up my Helpful Forum Posts gem to level 2 :p
We've officially started the spiral down into the toilet.

And no I'm not talking about the Razer sponsorship, I'm talking about how you continue to let the game be in the state that it is in. Essentially, not a fun game you can just hop into. It's a game where you have to learn every single in-and-out and then try your best every second you're playing to avoid bug after bug after desync after bug after desync after shitty skill.

Unless some drastic changes happen, this game isn't going to last you the 5+ acts you want it to.
I would rather pay more for a skin transfer that is reusable than a bunch of cheap one time only mtx. Just thinking about for leveling purposes you will need to change gear all the time and it wouldn't be worth using one every time you found an upgrade.

Right now if you want to try wings or serated mowhawk on a helm and don't like the look, when you reclaim it would you just lose another skin transfer as well?

It would be better if each skin transfer just kept the same skin but that skin could be reusable.

Edit: The fact that I have to decide whether I should shell out real money every time I get an upgrade leaves a bad taste, similar to D3 RMAH.

I'll have to purchase the skin transfers sparingly instead of getting as many as I actually wanted (1 for every awesome looking unique)
Unique 3D art- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342452
Last edited by godsmackfan1002 on Sep 4, 2013, 6:23:15 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Exlander wrote:

Spoiler

Hi there,

Please check out these quotes from Chris about this:

"
Chris wrote:
We're very aware that many company logos wouldn't fit in the PoE game world. We've turned down offers from a lot of companies because what they asked for would upset us as gamers. Razer is different for a few reasons. Their logo fits well with the game world and their company culture is very similar to ours. I spent some time with their CEO earlier this year - he is a true gamer and an awesome guy. The software that is being promoted is actually useful for playing PoE, because we don't have voice chat built into the client at this stage.
Partnerships like this (where we can find ones that don't hurt the game) are really important for the future of PoE. I share just as much concern as you do about bad partnerships hurting the game, and will make sure that doesn't happen.

"
Chris wrote:
We have listened to the feedback from the community members who felt that they don't fit into our world. The footprints are not the first step in a slippery slope - they're as far as we're willing to go. I'm sorry to everyone who was upset by them, that wasn't the intention.

Spoiler

that`s good and imho the best decision for the future of your great game!
looking forward to new patch specially to new gem....
ign: oberarmklaus
"
I would rather pay more for a skin transfer that is reusable than a bunch of cheap one time only mtx. Just thinking about for leveling purposes you will need to change gear all the time and it wouldn't be worth using one every time you found an upgrade.

Right now if you want to try wings or serated mowhawk on a helm and don't like the look, when you reclaim it would you just lose another skin transfer as well?

It would be better if each skin transfer just kept the same skin but that skin could be reusable.

Edit: The fact that I have to decide whether I should shell out real money every time I get an upgrade leaves a bad taste, similar to D3 RMAH.

I'll have to purchase the skin transfers sparingly instead of getting as many as I actually wanted (1 for every awesome looking unique)

I'd suggest not purchasing this MTX until you reach a point where you'll be wearing the armor you're in for a bit of time.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
I'd suggest not purchasing this MTX until you reach a point where you'll be wearing the armor you're in for a bit of time.

Well that is probably what I will end up doing. I just feel like there could be a better solution.
Unique 3D art- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342452

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info