Razer Footprints Promotion

Kind of sad to see this in Path of Exile :/
IGN: kReiZy
These look terrible. At least you could have made them make realistic looking snakes slithering away or something... I mean free is free, and I'm sure many people like that, but whats next?

Please consider in the future any partner programs to at least keep it in the FEEL of the game please!

This is only my opinion, but in the meantime, I love your game as always, and keep up the great work!
"
Witchmaster wrote:
I honestly thought it was a joke when i saw

on the front page.

Not really the kinda direction I'd like to see ̶t̶h̶e̶ any game head towards.

I thought it was a promo for a mouse pad.... Then couldn't believe it either
I'm really happy that GGG got the partnership but can we get an idea where the line will be drawn?

Should we expect Coca Cola weapon effects or Pepsi helms in the future?

The Razer footprints kill immersion (unless Razer is now part of the Wraeclast lore)and I don't want to keep donating if they will continue to add subliminal advertisements.
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
I don't really like the idea of in-game advertisements for a company. (refering to the logos in the footprints).

It feels completely out of place in Path of Exile.

I'm sorry to be THAT guy (the one that's not happy about good news), but this quite ugly and sad in my opinion.

This, Razer logos have nothing to do in Wraeclast.
Take care out there.
Last edited by Lagruell on Sep 3, 2013, 10:39:32 PM
would like a comment from GGG in reply to all the people crying out not to add this AD footprint from Razer in the game .

there needs to be some feedback about, because a lot of player of Path of Exile have an issue with this !
Last edited by Exlander on Sep 3, 2013, 11:21:01 PM
One heck of a sellout, GGG. Hopefully it was a pretty good deal and you guys won't need my money anymore!
"
Lagruell wrote:
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
I don't really like the idea of in-game advertisements for a company. (refering to the logos in the footprints).

It feels completely out of place in Path of Exile.

I'm sorry to be THAT guy (the one that's not happy about good news), but this quite ugly and sad in my opinion.

This, Razer logos have nothing to do in Wraeclast.

Agreed, furthermore, that's one weird foot you gotta have to produce that footprint- even considering that Wraeclast is the home of all sort of weird magic.
IGN:
Standard: @MeowViking
Perandus: @VikingVortex
"
Chris wrote:
We picked Razer because they make good products and are run by gamers. I met their CEO in March, he's a really awesome guy and I feel their company has a similar ethic to ours. Their software works well with Path of Exile and is a great fit for the needs of our users. Their logo is surprisingly suitable for our game world and makes for a cool looking footprints effect.

with all due respect Chris, don't take your customers for fools. most of your player base is older than 20, and some - like myself - are close to 40.

you partnered with Razer because you guys needed X money, and they offered it.
cold hard business.
their CEO being "a cool guy" and their logo being "suitable for PoE" (it sure as hell isn't) have absolutely nothing to do with it.

but while my businessman side sees the obvious logic in this, my "gamer" side thinks this sets a very bad precedent.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 4, 2013, 3:30:26 AM
A moment of silence for PoE, brought to you by Razer©.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info